Microsoft is announcing Windows 10 today and there's a few features in there that are fucking amazing.
- Upgrade from Windows 7 & 8 is free
- Windows 10 has an Xbox app that functions as a game hub, where you can chat between X1 and PC but also launch games with friends
- Windows 10 can stream ANY XBOX ONE GAME from your Xbox One
- Requires controllers though some games may have MnKB support
- Game streaming works with any controller
- apparently including PS4 controller linked to PC
- Windows 10 PC and Xbox One games will start to have cross-play features
- Meaning you PC and Xbox players can play together on some games
- Fable Legends will be first
- Buying an App-Game from the Microsoft Store will unlock that game on Xbox, WP10 and Win10 devices if the developers have made it compatible with all three mediums
Basically they are trying to demolish the barrier between PC and Xbox for gamers, where choosing one system over the other doesn't mean abandoning friends or missing out on exclusives.