42 replies to this topic

#1 Thugren

Thugren

Master Of The Sanctuary

• Administrators
  • Others: GWRS Governing Council
  • 14,265 posts

Posted 02 January 2015 - 11:45 PM

So  as the title reads im looking for watys to pick the site up and get things big again. Anyone here have ideas?

Oh sanctuary...THAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT Rp
cainsig11.jpg

#2 Kevroar

Kevroar

The Iron Warrior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 197 posts

Posted 03 January 2015 - 01:57 AM

only thing is an game everyone could play, to bide the time that more people could join to create an foundation for rustling people back into action. (preferably an pc game or 360)

#3 MetalHead666X

MetalHead666X

Sorcerer Supreme of the Thousand Sons

• GWRS Governing Council
  • 2,438 posts

Posted 03 January 2015 - 02:03 AM

Setting fire to buildings? 

• DTdante2787 likes this

Two Giratina are better than one.

Posted Image

Thanks to Astral Shadow of Serebii for the Signiture

#4 dx144

dx144

Amon Amarth, Sabaton, Red Army Choir and Ensiferum Fan

• Elite Member
  • Others: ,
  • 5,680 posts

Posted 03 January 2015 - 02:51 AM

Nightcore?

"You fiend, have I never encountered such corrupt and foul-minded perversity! Have you ever considered a career in the Church?" - The Baby-Eating Bishop of Bath and Wells

#5 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

Squeak Squeak Mother F***ers

• Administrators
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter, GWRS Governing Council
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 03 January 2015 - 10:03 AM

We're split across xOne, x360 and PC now which makes designating a fake difficult. I tried to get a lot of you into AA and most people who promised to come went back in their word.

That said the RP stuff seems to be doing well which is mint to see. What we should probably to is make a master list thread of who owns what consoles (inc gaming capable pc) and go from there.

Do Not XBL-Message or PM Me Website or Community Issues/Requests.
Use The Support Centre Instead!

cruSig2.jpg

#6 dx144

dx144

• Elite Member
  • 5,680 posts

Posted 03 January 2015 - 02:02 PM

Well I've got Xbox One and 360 but any new games I will be getting for my Xbox One over the 360.

"You fiend, have I never encountered such corrupt and foul-minded perversity! Have you ever considered a career in the Church?" - The Baby-Eating Bishop of Bath and Wells

#7 Emporer469

Emporer469

Merc commander

• Interrogator
  • 3,560 posts

Posted 03 January 2015 - 03:43 PM

Ps3 and Pc for me for now since not paying for live all we gotta do now is get the games

Emporer469, I use to be a spacemarine just like you but then i took a taser to the Knee.
love being a mercenary in sanctum

#8 MetalHead666X

MetalHead666X

• GWRS Governing Council
  • 2,438 posts

Posted 03 January 2015 - 04:42 PM

I has a Xbone and a decent PC now, as well as my 3DS. That is all.

Posted Image

#9 An_A10_Pilot

An_A10_Pilot

Shenanigans Master!

• Premium Member
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter
  • 1,006 posts

Posted 03 January 2015 - 06:05 PM

Pc and a ps 4. Silly life and being busy
Posted Image

"Sweet Tap-Dancing Night Lords, Batman!"

#10 Lord Ariok

Lord Ariok

Chaos Lord

• GWRS Governing Council
  • 2,772 posts

Posted 03 January 2015 - 08:59 PM

well i have got a xbox 360, one and pc 

but the main problem is we are mostly a warhammer based community as it was what we were made on.

so either we get another 40k game thats had the same backing as space marine (EC) or begin recruiting muppets from BF 4 and COD AW and deal with it. It all falls to a game we all like (SM) and is sustainable for a while and there is not a lot  out there right now unless people can throw a few at me.

this is just my opinion though

Edited by Lord Ariok, 03 January 2015 - 09:00 PM.

Posted Image

#11 Authrix

Authrix

Chief Organ Thief

• Acolyte
  • 3,926 posts

Posted 03 January 2015 - 10:43 PM

Ariok's kind of hit the nail on the head. We all came together because of Space Marine, and honestly we're a good group. No idea how to pick up activity, but it'll probably naturally occur when EC releases.

For now, we *can* try some sort of recruitment drive, but those honestly don't work well unless you're lucky. If nothing else, we should keep doing what we're doing now. Not gonna disappear over night.

You need your head examined - CruciasNZ

Authrix stop making me spill things on my laptop with what you post - Pony

I cannot oblige Pony.

#12 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

• Administrators
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 03 January 2015 - 11:11 PM

There's that shooter game coming this year. Storm of vengeance? Also I'd love to see people get into Warmachine Tactics and get tourneys going. AA is going well and we are starting to push use of the site there.

cruSig2.jpg

#13 dx144

dx144

• Elite Member
  • 5,680 posts

Posted 03 January 2015 - 11:27 PM

Well some of the DAs on War Eternal mainly Cypher has been spreading into Destiny but the problem we're facing is we were and still are based in Warhammer so when people who have no idea what Warhammer is it causes a difference and sometimes conflict. At the end of the day I feel like people don't need to know about warhammer to be a part of the community just as long as they aren't a *CENSORED* then I'm happy. =)

#14 Lord Ariok

Lord Ariok

Chaos Lord

• GWRS Governing Council
  • 2,772 posts

Posted 03 January 2015 - 11:55 PM

true they don't need to know about it which is fine. But to get back to the good old days we kind of need another space marine and cru i would hold off pushing for torneys for a while because if people don't join in on the games or indeed the torney itself it would be wasted effort on your part. As you said earlier some people said they would come over to a game and didn't, best we can do right now as Authrix has said is wait and see its not going to disappear.

Posted Image

#15 dx144

dx144

• Elite Member
  • 5,680 posts

Posted 04 January 2015 - 12:26 AM

I think people are just tired of waiting as its been about a year of waiting. Space Marine is a no no since if we did set up a tourny for that we'd have a lot of players turn up one day and go "So that is why I stopped playing" when they get kill by glitches or in-game lag.

Personally I don't play anything on my 360 except for Fallout or BF4 on my 360 if my Brother wants me to play. I do play Destiny on Xbox One if anyone wants to tag along on a Nightfall or Raid.

#16 MetalHead666X

MetalHead666X

• GWRS Governing Council
  • 2,438 posts

Posted 04 January 2015 - 01:34 AM

Well, we have got other games, and I can run another LoL game night on NA, and have already tried to get sods for a Civ night.

Lots of us have some PC games in common, its just a matter of whether or not we will try to make the best of what we have. I agree that SM and other Warhammer related activities have generally died out, due to as DX said, lots of waiting around, for something that has not shown up. 

I guess we do what we can.

Posted Image

#17 Fuzzy

Fuzzy

Death Guard Warmaster

• Elite Member
  • 2,367 posts

Posted 04 January 2015 - 07:58 AM

For our xbox members we could try using the games with gold system to our advantage (when the game makes it a viable option). For instance I remember quite afew of us got on Halo 3 when it was released free.

I don't think Farther's For Justice will allow you in the protest where you will be running around on a really high roof while pissed off your face

#18 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

• Administrators
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 04 January 2015 - 10:09 AM

For our xbox members we could try using the games with gold system to our advantage (when the game makes it a viable option). For instance I remember quite afew of us got on Halo 3 when it was released free.

Yeah that resulted in a few good PVP games from memory. Won't work for xOne owners though as we get shit under that incentive scheme.

As for Civ, most of us are on holiday right now metal. I'm I'm the UK, pilot is in Texas, Naia has no Internet right now, etc etc

cruSig2.jpg

#19 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

• Administrators
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 04 January 2015 - 10:21 AM

but the problem we're facing is we were and still are based in Warhammer so when people who have no idea what Warhammer is it causes a difference and sometimes conflict. At the end of the day I feel like people don't need to know about warhammer to be a part of the community just as long as they aren't a cunt then I'm happy. =)

Scroll to the bottom left of the site and you'll see an about us section. There's an "and" between Warhammer and Video Gaming, thereby implying this community is for both not just the former

cruSig2.jpg

#20 dx144

dx144

• Elite Member
  • 5,680 posts

Posted 04 January 2015 - 10:30 AM

yes but certain groups are still "Insert Chapter/Legion/Warband here" and because of that people naturally feel like they have to ask why are we called whatever group they are and they explain its Warhammer they have no idea what it is and don't really feel like joining a group which doesn't seem to be based solely the game they were recruited on and are interested in other games as well.

I personally would have done the same if the Black Souls weren't a Space Marine only group because it would have annoyed me when other members started blowing off the team to play so and so.

Change Theme!