24 replies to this topic

#1 Fuzzy

Fuzzy

Death Guard Warmaster

• Elite Member
  • Others: ,
  • 2,367 posts

Posted 30 November 2014 - 03:09 PM

Something I was hoping you PC guys could help me understand, why do you guys hate console so much? Also a follow on question, is it the console itself or console gamers?

It seems every time I'm on a thread on another site or see a comment on a video about something that's a PC exclusive or something that won't be on PC that the PC gamers are just spewing hate filled comments. I just really don't understand why? It's as if the console punches PC's dog and set its hamster on fire. It just makes no sense to me, so I ask it here, PC gamers, WHY DO YOU HATE US?

I don't think Farther's For Justice will allow you in the protest where you will be running around on a really high roof while pissed off your face

#2 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

Squeak Squeak Mother F***ers

• Administrators
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter, GWRS Governing Council
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 30 November 2014 - 06:28 PM

For a long time most of the AAA titles were console only, and console has consistently performed better than PCs due to hardware optimization. Those are the two traditional inflammation points.  

Do Not XBL-Message or PM Me Website or Community Issues/Requests.
Use The Support Centre Instead!

cruSig2.jpg

#3 JC 042

JC 042

Sons of The Fallen clan leader

• GWRS Governing Council
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter
  • 9,552 posts

Posted 30 November 2014 - 07:27 PM

Something I was hoping you PC guys could help me understand, why do you guys hate console so much? Also a follow on question, is it the console itself or console gamers?

12 yr olds in those same discussions who keep yelling PC > Consoles.... 12 yr olds everywhere... Or people with the mentality of 12 yr olds.

It seems every time I'm on a thread on another site or see a comment on a video about something that's a PC exclusive or something that won't be on PC that the PC gamers are just spewing hate filled comments.

Console publishers who bribe pay for exclusivity of a game thus denying it to us. Because they can't be asked to improve their own services, Sony and Micro$oft are set on spending money on sabotaging others.

Latest example is Microfail throwing money at Square Enix to make the next Tomb Raider an Xboner timed exclusive, despite the fact Tomb Raiders decades old fanbase is and always has been based on PC.

Posted Image

JC: 99% Anime, 1% hot gas

#4 dx144

dx144

Amon Amarth, Sabaton, Red Army Choir and Ensiferum Fan

• Elite Member
  • 5,680 posts

Posted 01 December 2014 - 01:49 AM

Or we could just assume all PC gamers are dicks... Including those who play shitty strategy games like Command and Conquer or Company of Heroes. Serious they'll all dicks...

I think some of its joking like when people say "PC master race" but no doubt someone people actually take it seriously but I'd say the console people are worse but they're both pretty bad EG "Xbone sucks go PS4!"...

Its mainly the twats who can't accept people have different preferences to them so they have to insult the people who've chosen to get something different to their choice. Beyond having a joke about it but actually meaning it full heartedly. Lots of people want to feel superior to others for silly reasons so some see because they have this or that they're now superior.

PC Gamers who are the more hardcore ones who build their own computers, upgrade them and all that fun stuff which I personally can't be fucked arsed with. Not saying all of the people who create their own computers will do that but there will be a few who are thinking they're better because they had to do more stuff with their gaming device unlike the console players who just need to buy a console...

I admit though if I had the money to get a great gaming PC which could run my games on the highest graphics without any real drop in frame rate then I'd be so happy because I long to see my Panthers and Tigers in incredible graphics as they smash through Allied lines... Until you know the silly balancing comes into effect.

"You fiend, have I never encountered such corrupt and foul-minded perversity! Have you ever considered a career in the Church?" - The Baby-Eating Bishop of Bath and Wells

#5 Fuzzy

Fuzzy

Death Guard Warmaster

• Elite Member
  • 2,367 posts

Posted 01 December 2014 - 05:39 AM

Ah, so basically people are dicks in general. Well that's that cleaned that up. :)

I gotta say like you dx I'd probably get a top notch gaming pc if I had the money... And the intelligence to know what the parts and buttons do. :P

I don't think Farther's For Justice will allow you in the protest where you will be running around on a really high roof while pissed off your face

#6 Draco Ny'ade

Draco Ny'ade

Forgefather

• Interrogator
  • 2,208 posts

Posted 01 December 2014 - 08:47 AM

I think some of its joking like when people say "PC master race" 

Yeah, that's a joke from most people.

PC Gamers who are the more hardcore ones who build their own computers, upgrade them and all that fun stuff which I personally can't be fucked arsed with. Not saying all of the people who create their own computers will do that but there will be a few who are thinking they're better because they had to do more stuff with their gaming device unlike the console players who just need to buy a console...

I am one of the exceptions then, i built my own PC, a few times actually, but i still play console games, i personally prefer the PC as a games system, because i can play more games on the PC, and it's more versatile when it comes to other things you want to do with it. I understand where console gamers are coming from in this case, it is just plain easier and in most cases cheaper to buy a console, and i do not look down on them because they don't have the time, money or desire to get their own gaming PC. 

Point made

Posted Image

#7 JC 042

JC 042

• GWRS Governing Council
  • 9,552 posts

Posted 01 December 2014 - 02:22 PM

I built my PC with NO prior experience using nothing but youtube links that came in the manuals. Seriously it's dead easy and I have no idea why everyone thinks it's hard.

Unless you don't own a screw driver, then you're fucked :P

Posted Image

#8 dx144

dx144

• Elite Member
  • 5,680 posts

Posted 01 December 2014 - 04:43 PM

Unless you don't own a screw driver, then you're fucked :P

Buggered then...

Yeah I prefer PCs to play strategy games compared to playing on Console. After using a mouse and creating groups makes it so much easier than spending five minutes attempting to select my troops until I realise the AI has already attack and I'm just pushing buttons on my control while getting pissed off...

"You fiend, have I never encountered such corrupt and foul-minded perversity! Have you ever considered a career in the Church?" - The Baby-Eating Bishop of Bath and Wells

#9 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

• Administrators
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 01 December 2014 - 09:13 PM

I built my PC first year of Uni, then rebuilt it last year with modern parts. Quite simple to build a PC, the dangerous parts are:

1. Not earthing yourself, therefore frying your expensive components with static
  2. Not understanding compatibility of PC components (eg socket size, power requirements, dual channel etc) but all that is easily learned via google (or asking)

Not owning a screwdriver would be a disadvantage :D

I also own an Xbox One, and I refuse to play any action based games (eg Shooters, action RPG eg Skyrim) on PC. On the flipside, I refuse to play Strategy games on Xbox. Each of the consoles (PC is a console) has it's own advantages and disadvantages, and I pick my games based on those. The only spanner is whether or not Naia is getting it on PC as she cannot afford an Xbox. 

cruSig2.jpg

#10 JC 042

JC 042

• GWRS Governing Council
  • 9,552 posts

Posted 01 December 2014 - 11:24 PM

Skyrim) on PC

I'm just gonna leave this here... http://imgur.com/gallery/YzR21

Posted Image

#11 dx144

dx144

• Elite Member
  • 5,680 posts

Posted 02 December 2014 - 04:12 AM

Forgetting that you need a great computer to run that smoothly and not drop frame rates while fighting multiple enemies and Dragons...

Still pretty though =D

Edited by dx144, 02 December 2014 - 04:13 AM.

#12 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

• Administrators
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 02 December 2014 - 07:19 AM

I'm just gonna leave this here... http://imgur.com/gallery/YzR21

Don't get it? Is it a mod or something to do with the graphics? Graphics alone are not a reason to pick a console over quality of gameplay. You wouldn't play on a Wii U if it was had better graphics for a game

cruSig2.jpg

#13 Authrix

Authrix

Chief Organ Thief

• Acolyte
  • 3,926 posts

Posted 02 December 2014 - 11:13 AM

I did (and still do) speak against the Xbone during the run up to release because it was, in my opinion, a poorly made and advertised piece of hardware which took significant steps backwards. While Microsoft changed certain aspects of it, I still don't think it's great or even good.

I don't hate people for playing one.

You need your head examined - CruciasNZ

Authrix stop making me spill things on my laptop with what you post - Pony

I cannot oblige Pony.

#14 dx144

dx144

• Elite Member
  • 5,680 posts

Posted 02 December 2014 - 02:30 PM

Lies you hate people who do!

I enjoy playing the Xbox One anyway =)

#15 JC 042

JC 042

• GWRS Governing Council
  • 9,552 posts

Posted 02 December 2014 - 06:24 PM

not a reason to pick a console over quality of gameplay. 

What difference is there in the gameplay between a PC and 360? I use a 360 controller and it's exactly the same, interface and everything, even when I have UI mods it still display X and A instead of Enter and Esc.

Posted Image

#16 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

• Administrators
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 02 December 2014 - 07:15 PM

What difference is there in the gameplay between a PC and 360? I use a 360 controller and it's exactly the same, interface and everything, even when I have UI mods it still display X and A instead of Enter and Esc.

Try doing that on the PC version of Warframe in competitive PVP mode and you'll quickly learn why that doesn't work. Skyrim is a niche case because I could play it on the PC with that mod, but I wouldn't gain anything of benefit to me (or at launch time anyway, if I were to pick it up now it would be cheaper on Steam Sale)

cruSig2.jpg

#17 JC 042

JC 042

• GWRS Governing Council
  • 9,552 posts

Posted 02 December 2014 - 10:28 PM

Skyrim is a niche case because I could play it on the PC with that mod

It's not a mod, it's built in, most games that have a console release have controller support on PC, in fact I can only think of 1 or 2 that doesn't. And one of those is Dragon Age, where the entire game mechanics is very different to console, as it almost has a minature RTS element to it. In fact now that I think about it a lot of my non console games have controller support... And if they don't there's a mod for it, lol.

Multiplayer of course you have to use a keyboard and mouse, it's a lot more fast pace on PC with the improved precision in combat from faster aim movements with a mouse so you have to learn it, and it's because of this I say the quality of gameplay is > consoles version.

And I'm not sure what you mean by anything of benefit.

Posted Image

#18 Emporer469

Emporer469

Merc commander

• Interrogator
  • 3,560 posts

Posted 05 December 2014 - 06:29 AM

I offer this video as tribute to the PC Master Race

Lyrics:

RIP in pieces Xbone
truly the blunder of all times

up high on your pedestal of shit
composed of doritos and mountain dew
paying shills for maximum damage control
you have really become a jew

kinect will always be watching you
you only work in certain countries
and now, instead of games, it's movies
your used fee has left me with one thing to say

glorious PC master race

Edited by Emporer469, 05 December 2014 - 06:30 AM.

Emporer469, I use to be a spacemarine just like you but then i took a taser to the Knee.
love being a mercenary in sanctum

#19 dx144

dx144

• Elite Member
  • 5,680 posts

Posted 05 December 2014 - 04:17 PM

Not seen a single doritos or mountain dew advert on Xbox One, Never watched a movie on my Xbox One and I've never payed a used fee.

The Master Race at getting facts wrong. Although it seems like you are kind of like those guys who called themselves the master race before because of the sixth line...

#20 JC 042

JC 042

• GWRS Governing Council
  • 9,552 posts

Posted 05 December 2014 - 06:15 PM

• Authrix likes this

Posted Image

Change Theme!