9 replies to this topic

#1 dx144

dx144

Amon Amarth, Sabaton, Red Army Choir and Ensiferum Fan

• Elite Member
  • Others: ,
  • 5,680 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 12:34 AM

This "The 100" show seems pretty stupid, humanity is also wiped out so their sending 100 criminals down to Earth which they have no idea of its state. Then you have to raise the question why send Criminals, they say its any crime so it could be someone stole some food or they murdered someone. So sending criminal teens to an Apocalyptic Earth who have no regard for laws, have no survival training and aren't united with divisions in their leadership as no one has taken command and if anyone does it is disputed by another. So they will not be able to properly survive without taking many casualties. Strangely enough when Mankind is threatened with extinction you don't decide to sacrifice a certain amount of people for no real reason without given them the possibility of survival rather than just drop them and hope for the best...

More like a teen drama in a Sci-Fi wrapper than a proper Sci-Fi show...

Guess I'm going to avoid that, too bad I wasted my precious time watching it...

"You fiend, have I never encountered such corrupt and foul-minded perversity! Have you ever considered a career in the Church?" - The Baby-Eating Bishop of Bath and Wells

#2 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

Squeak Squeak Mother F***ers

• Administrators
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter, GWRS Governing Council
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 01:01 AM

Moved to Sci-Fi. I'm fairly certain I move more of your threads than anyone else, please be more careful about where you post stuff.

Sounds like they're trying to ride the Falling Skies / Walking Dead / Last Ship bandwagon

Do Not XBL-Message or PM Me Website or Community Issues/Requests.
Use The Support Centre Instead!

cruSig2.jpg

#3 dx144

dx144

• Elite Member
  • 5,680 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 02:37 AM

Ah sorry about that... At least it allows me to more involved with the community as you get to move my stuff around I guess... Who knows maybe JC could make me a medal for it... Have your threads moved into the correct area 5 times because you're a fucking idiot. =D

If you ask me its pretty shit, didn't even manage to make it through the first episode all the way because I thought it was that shit. Basically the Ark which the Humans survived on was running out of air due to the increased of people on the ship. Also if you committed a crime you were killed, if you were under 18 you'd be locked up and then executed when you were 18+ I think.

Well since the station is overpopulated they decide to send 100 of the juveniles down to Earth but since they are on a century old ship it is damaged and ends up taking them of course slightly and they cannot contact "the Ark" to tell them what has happened but they all have monitors on one of their arms to let "The Ark" know of their vital signs. Eventually some people decide that they could stop the others from following if the majority take them off making it look like they all died. Therefore making the Ark think it is too dangerous for them to send more people down.

About as thought through as telling Guardsmen to fix bayonets against Tyranids...

"You fiend, have I never encountered such corrupt and foul-minded perversity! Have you ever considered a career in the Church?" - The Baby-Eating Bishop of Bath and Wells

#4 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

• Administrators
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 02:43 AM

About as thought through as telling Guardsmen to fix bayonets against Tyranids...

Worked for Cain

• dx144 likes this

cruSig2.jpg

#5 dx144

dx144

• Elite Member
  • 5,680 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 03:04 AM

In any other situation they'd fuck up the Guardsmen... =P

#6 Authrix

Authrix

Chief Organ Thief

• Acolyte
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter
  • 3,926 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 07:50 AM

Maybe they just sent them down for entertainment, like in Roman times with the Gladiators. No one expected them to beat up the lion, but it was funny when it happened anyway. It was also funny when the guy was eaten, so... win win really.

You need your head examined - CruciasNZ

Authrix stop making me spill things on my laptop with what you post - Pony

I cannot oblige Pony.

#7 dx144

dx144

• Elite Member
  • 5,680 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 01:34 PM

Well Mankind is almost extinct. Sending 100 of the last remaining humans down to die would be a big no no for survival.

Also they can't really monitor the events except for knowing when someone dies. They have no idea how it happens though.

It'd be like going to the Colosseum and then no one watches the matches and they all have ear plugs in so they hear nothing and then someone will alert them that someone has died somehow... =P

Edited by dx144, 09 July 2014 - 01:39 PM.

#8 ebonybrotherhood

ebonybrotherhood

Blood Thirsty Psychopath

• Members
  • Others:
  • Pip
  • 167 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 05:06 PM

Actually, if a slave killed a lion, what they would normally do is send two in next. However thing were different if you did gladiatorial combat or whatever the horse racing one was called, then you could actually become a celebrity and earn your freedom. 

How could my Chaos Space Marine possibly be this cute?

#9 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

• Administrators
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 07:19 PM

Actually, if a slave killed a lion, what they would normally do is send two in next. However thing were different if you did gladiatorial combat or whatever the horse racing one was called, then you could actually become a celebrity and earn your freedom. 

Assuming you survived their attempts to kill you by stacking the odds for profit

cruSig2.jpg

#10 ebonybrotherhood

ebonybrotherhood

Blood Thirsty Psychopath

• Members
  • Others:
  • Pip
  • 167 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 08:36 PM

Assuming you survived their attempts to kill you by stacking the odds for profit

Yeah. Real great times.

How could my Chaos Space Marine possibly be this cute?

Change Theme!