Meatshield

• Members
  • 69 posts
  • Origin:None
  • Xbox Live:Baron Von Thule
  • PSN:TBA because Bloodborne
  • Steam:Cobalt

Posted 12 August 2014 - 03:30 PM

So your disappointments on the beta lead you to upgrade your purchase?

Judge not, that ye be not judged.

For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.

And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?

#62 Baron

Baron

Meatshield

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 03:44 PM

Also.............................................our beta characters are getting deleted. Vaults cleaned, etc etc...

For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.

And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?

#63 An_A10_Pilot

An_A10_Pilot

Shenanigans Master!

• Premium Member
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter
  • 1,006 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 03:55 PM

Simply because it had some issues doesn't make it bad. It impressed me quite a bit. The destiny beta was still a lot better than other games. I've pre-ordered it as well, even though it violates my rule of never get a game before I see reviews for it.

As for our characters being deleted, good. Clean slate! I know what I want to try now and feel no obligations to my beta character.
Posted Image

"Sweet Tap-Dancing Night Lords, Batman!"

#64 NinjaJohnno

NinjaJohnno

Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 239 posts
  • Xbox Live:NinjaJohnno

Posted 12 August 2014 - 05:47 PM

The beta chars mainly got deleted due to tweaks made between beta and live.

tbh any Beta I played I expect toons to get deleted, it's why I never farm to extensively during betas.
Super Bolter ftw

#65 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

Squeak Squeak Mother F***ers

• Administrators
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter, GWRS Governing Council
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 06:58 PM

So your disappointments on the beta lead you to upgrade your purchase?

While it was not as good as either promised or imagined, it was still a far superior game to any other xOne game on the market. It'll provide me a good game to enjoy when Naia is either off doing stuff or working on her novel.

The beta chars mainly got deleted due to tweaks made between beta and live.

tbh any Beta I played I expect toons to get deleted, it's why I never farm to extensively during betas.

Yeah pretty standard for beta characters to be wiped. I usually refuse to play a beta past the point of understanding - where I learn how I want to play the game, in this case as a Warlock

Do Not XBL-Message or PM Me Website or Community Issues/Requests.
Use The Support Centre Instead!

cruSig2.jpg

#66 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

• Administrators
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 07:18 PM

Destiny expansion #1 arrives December 2014

http://www.engadget....elow-expansion/

cruSig2.jpg

#67 Brother Agatone

Brother Agatone

The Relentless

• Premium Member
  • Others:
  • 1,320 posts
  • Xbox Live:The Warmaster82

Posted 27 August 2014 - 11:38 PM

Well, I think using the the term mmo for destiny is not a very good word to describe it. Bungie said many times that destiny was not designed to be a full on mmo which means it will have all the characteristics of an mmo, and it was indeed a beta. The only thing I was dissapointed in was not having more areas to explore I thought earth would be the main world and we'd get three to four areas there and then maybe one or two on other worlds, but they said they plan to add on and expand so I'm not too disappointed. I do like what I've been hearing about the reef though
Purge the heresy with the Emperor's fire of retribution. Destroy the mutant against the anvil of his wrath. Exterminate the xenos with the courage of humanity.

#68 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

• Administrators
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 02:42 AM

Destiny is an MMOFPS where the MMO part is largely optional. Most people think MMO means MMORPG, but Destiny is not an RPG but an FPS. The way the missions and cutscenes are styled is not RPG style (eg Mass Effect), but rather Halo style. There's not the depth of storyline customization that is required to hit full RPG status.

Does not detract from how good the game felt when we played the beta, but it's important to acknowledge it's limitations lest we judge it unfairly.

cruSig2.jpg

#69 Baron

Baron

Meatshield

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 04:20 PM

Destiny is a MMOFPSRPG, because it is definitely a dedicated massive multiplayer online game, dealing from the perspective of a first person shooter.

The RPG element does come into effect because everyone does have a role they play. Warlocks being Glass Cannons/Support/DoT. Titans being Tanks/DPS and Hunters being different forms of DPS (I only really familiarized myself with Warlock.) There are raids and dungeons/instances/strikes. The side missions supposedly have an effect on the world, like side quest in other MMORPGs. The story of the Destiny Universe is based around the character you make. 

Of course it is limited compared to most other full fledged RPGs. There isn't (to my knowledge) any true decisions you will make that will effect the story, like GW2 or ME. 

#70 An_A10_Pilot

An_A10_Pilot

Shenanigans Master!

• Premium Member
  • 1,006 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 06:00 PM

Decisions affecting the story in mass effect? Ain't that a hoot and a half.
Posted Image

#71 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

• Administrators
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 07:20 PM

Destiny is a MMOFPSRPG, because it is definitely a dedicated massive multiplayer online game, dealing from the perspective of a first person shooter.

The RPG element does come into effect because everyone does have a role they play. Warlocks being Glass Cannons/Support/DoT. Titans being Tanks/DPS and Hunters being different forms of DPS (I only really familiarized myself with Warlock.) There are raids and dungeons/instances/strikes. The side missions supposedly have an effect on the world, like side quest in other MMORPGs. The story of the Destiny Universe is based around the character you make. 

Of course it is limited compared to most other full fledged RPGs. There isn't (to my knowledge) any true decisions you will make that will effect the story, like GW2 or ME. 

Distinct Classes do not constitute an RPG, otherwise games like Battlefield would count as one. RPG refers to the style of play of games like Final Fantasy, Baldurs Gate, Mass Effect, Dragon Age.

http://en.wikipedia....le-playing_game

A role-playing game (RPG and sometimes roleplaying game[1][2]) is a game in which players assume the roles of characters in a fictional setting. Players take responsibility for acting out these roles within a narrative, either through literal acting or through a process of structured decision-making or character development.[3] Actions taken within many games succeed or fail according to a formal system of rules and guidelines.[4]

The only bit Destiny seems to satisfy is character development, but again I point to Battlefield series and it's character development. You need a combination of those aspects to be an RPG. Now if your story changes based on character decisions and conversation options (ala Mass Effect, ala Knights of The Old Republic) then I will be very pleased to be wrong. We'll find out September 9th :D

O and Bungie have said servers will be live in advance so those of us ahead of USA in timezone can play at the legally stated time. So instead of waiting for the 10th I can play on the 9th, before Pilot :D :D :D

Decisions affecting the story in mass effect? Ain't that a hoot and a half.

Aside from the completely different game tac'd onto the end of ME3 (aka London and Space Boy) there was a lot of player driven story development. You chose characters who lived or died, races which lived or died, etc etc. I despise said ending, but on average the series was stellar, it's really hard to forget how much joy that series brought me

cruSig2.jpg

#72 An_A10_Pilot

An_A10_Pilot

Shenanigans Master!

• Premium Member
  • 1,006 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 05:21 PM

I thoroughly enjoyed the entire series. It just pissed me off when 600 hours of play and 5 different characters turned to ash in my mouth due to that ending.

Back on topic, I am energized and looking forward to destiny. Unfortunately this Saturday will be when I ultimately make my decision as to which console I'll be buying.
Posted Image

#73 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

• Administrators
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 07:12 PM

I thoroughly enjoyed the entire series. It just pissed me off when 600 hours of play and 5 different characters turned to ash in my mouth due to that ending.

Back on topic, I am energized and looking forward to destiny. Unfortunately this Saturday will be when I ultimately make my decision as to which console I'll be buying.

Magic 8-ball man, cannot stress it enough. We make all our critical website decisions with one ^~

cruSig2.jpg

#74 Baron

Baron

Meatshield

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 03:06 PM

I would go with the PS4, because

A: Destiny gets exclusive stuff on it. 

B: Bloodborne

C: Bloodborne

D: BLOODBORNE

#75 An_A10_Pilot

An_A10_Pilot

Shenanigans Master!

• Premium Member
  • 1,006 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 06:50 PM

It's just a rather complex problem.
A lot of my friends that live near me have grabbed ps4's, but most of them are quite soft core gamers. Most of my friends who I know will be on the high skill/dedication end will be on the xbox.

The ps4 also has all of those exclusives you talked about, which is quite cool, but I like the Xbox controllers better. Ndkdjdjchfjdje I hate having to pick between consoles.
Posted Image

#76 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

• Administrators
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 07:08 PM

Halo Master Chief Collection

Game. Set. Match.

Destiny exclusive content is one or two quests and dungeon things things, think Destiny called them Fireteams. Not a staggering amount of content, they estimated it at 3 hours of gameplay somewhere. My advice is if your IRL friends are soft-core you would be better getting the xOne so you can pay with all of GWRS who you've played games with for years. Also xOne has an HDMI bypass so you can plug your laptop through it into a big screen, therefore only needing one screen to do stuff with.

cruSig2.jpg

#77 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

• Administrators
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 01:15 AM

Tour Destiny with Google Street View

Whether it's touring an insanely large cruise ship or the Polar Bear capital of the world, Google's Street View has you covered. But the search giant doesn't want to limit that virtual experience to tangible, real-life things, which is why it's teamed up with Bungie to let you experience the magical nature of Destiny by way of Street View. Once inside, explorers can choose to wander around and learn more about places that are key elements to the storyline of Bungie's new franchise. Destiny Planet View, as the map is officially known, offers detailed, 360-degree views of locations inside Mars, Venus and the moon. It gives the breakdown on various hotspots, more information on characters from a particular territory and allows users to access Destiny tips along the way. Bungie points out that this is the first time Google's mapped a video game world, and it's a good one -- sure, it's pretty to look at, but the real goal is to get you even more hyped up ahead of Destiny's launch, next week on September 9th.

http://www.engadget....ny-planet-view/

cruSig2.jpg

#78 Brother Agatone

Brother Agatone

The Relentless

• Premium Member
  • Others:
  • 1,320 posts
  • Xbox Live:The Warmaster82

Posted 05 September 2014 - 11:07 AM

Four days my brethren, my limited edition shall arrive soon. So what editions did you get?
Purge the heresy with the Emperor's fire of retribution. Destroy the mutant against the anvil of his wrath. Exterminate the xenos with the courage of humanity.

#79 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

• Administrators
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 07:28 PM

Limited Edition, I pick it up at midnight on Monday, Got Tuesday off :D

cruSig2.jpg

#80 Baron

Baron

Meatshield

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 06 September 2014 - 02:41 PM

Normal, because the extra stuff would just clutter my room.

Change Theme!