Photo

Enernal Crusade Founder Program is here!

• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

#61 dx144

dx144

Amon Amarth, Sabaton, Red Army Choir and Ensiferum Fan

• Elite Member
  • Others: ,
  • 5,680 posts

Posted 22 November 2014 - 05:48 AM

If its for Xbox One then yes I'd be interested if its not then fuck it. I could deal with playing as Eldar or even some less awesome Chaos group I guess but if I need to buy a new computer to play it then I really can't be fucked with that.

"You fiend, have I never encountered such corrupt and foul-minded perversity! Have you ever considered a career in the Church?" - The Baby-Eating Bishop of Bath and Wells

#62 Authrix

Authrix

Chief Organ Thief

• Acolyte
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter
  • 3,926 posts

Posted 22 November 2014 - 10:15 AM

Hmm. DX has a point there. Doubt my PC will even want to run it. Guess we'll have to wait on the specs.

You need your head examined - CruciasNZ

Authrix stop making me spill things on my laptop with what you post - Pony

I cannot oblige Pony.

#63 JC 042

JC 042

Sons of The Fallen clan leader

• GWRS Governing Council
  • 9,552 posts

Posted 22 November 2014 - 04:33 PM

You could always do the f2WAAAGH to decide.

Posted Image

JC: 99% Anime, 1% hot gas

#64 dx144

dx144

• Elite Member
  • 5,680 posts

Posted 22 November 2014 - 07:02 PM

By the Hammer of Thor! I made a point!

But yeah I'm not a fan of shooters on PC. Last one I played was Command and Conquer Renegade which for some time has been dead I think...

"You fiend, have I never encountered such corrupt and foul-minded perversity! Have you ever considered a career in the Church?" - The Baby-Eating Bishop of Bath and Wells

#65 JC 042

JC 042

• GWRS Governing Council
  • 9,552 posts

Posted 22 November 2014 - 08:21 PM

By the Hammer of Thor! I made a point!

But yeah I'm not a fan of shooters on PC. Last one I played was Command and Conquer Renegade which for some time has been dead I think...

There is such thing as controller support.

Whether it would leave you at a disadvantage compared to mouse/keyboard players is yet to be found out.

Edited by JC 042, 22 November 2014 - 08:22 PM.

Posted Image

#66 dx144

dx144

• Elite Member
  • 5,680 posts

Posted 22 November 2014 - 08:56 PM

Meh still prefer my Xbox...

#67 JC 042

JC 042

• GWRS Governing Council
  • 9,552 posts

Posted 23 November 2014 - 02:29 AM

Meh still prefer my Xbox...

I will never understand you stubborn console peasants...

Posted Image

#68 dx144

dx144

• Elite Member
  • 5,680 posts

Posted 23 November 2014 - 03:18 AM

One day the oppressed masses of Console players will overthrow you up your own arse PC gamers and then you'll beg us for mercy and we shall consider it.

I will admit Strategy are almost impossible to play on Console after playing on PC. Seriously I tried to play C&C Red Alert 3 on Xbox 360 and PC if I was needed in one side of the map I'm there, but Xbox takes me a minute or two of doing shit to arrive there and see the Japanese super robots have crush my red army...

#69 An_A10_Pilot

An_A10_Pilot

Shenanigans Master!

• Premium Member
  • 1,006 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 07:22 PM

Indeed. My faith in game developers and video games in general is at about 2/10 right now. So im sticking to my hard line of waiting for reviews before even considering buying a game.
Posted Image

"Sweet Tap-Dancing Night Lords, Batman!"

#70 dx144

dx144

• Elite Member
  • 5,680 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 09:10 PM

Lots of games now released are also depending upon their DLC so much more than the original game like previous games I know if you bought BF3 you could enjoy the fuck out of that game with it in vanilla but BF4 if you don't buy the DLC you have less equipment and weapons than people who've bought the DLC. EG Being attacked by people with Ballistic Shields which only people who've bought Dragon's Teeth can get...

Also RPGs are my new hope that they will be the games you can play without DLC. Just because many new games are selling you a disc for £40 and asking for £20+ for access to certain parts of the disc or to be able to compete with other players who did spend £20+...

But EC has always been called a game which will not be pay to win but pay to dress or something like that as that is all the money can be spent on Cosmetic shit. If someone wants to spend their cash on something flashy then by all means do so but if it was buy this Bolter which looks slightly different to a standard bolter but does double damage because fuck it why not they gave me money...

#71 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

Squeak Squeak Mother F***ers

• Administrators
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter, GWRS Governing Council
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 09:19 PM

Every game I've encountered with a cash shop (inc WoW ~ eg battlepets) has inevitably become P2W, I don't expect it to be any different with EC. I would rather have a P2W game that works, than a F2P/Sub game that doesn't. 

The most important thing about EC though will be how do they handle latency. Too many games are designed for US level ping (50-75ms) and are nigh unplayable at a competitive level at international ping (175-300ms). I'm looking at you Planetside 2

Do Not XBL-Message or PM Me Website or Community Issues/Requests.
Use The Support Centre Instead!

cruSig2.jpg

#72 dx144

dx144

• Elite Member
  • 5,680 posts

Posted 26 November 2014 - 01:06 AM

Guess you're right about having a working p2w game. Still annoying though... =/

#73 --------

--------

Meatshield

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 14 June 2015 - 08:26 PM

Be part of the war: 

<Link Removed By Mods>

Wow.... really? You guys are assholes.

Edited by WeedLOL, 14 June 2015 - 08:26 PM.

#74 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

Squeak Squeak Mother F***ers

• Administrators
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter, GWRS Governing Council
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 15 June 2015 - 02:01 AM

Wow.... really? You guys are assholes.

We're arseholes but not for moderating your OP, you just didn't declare you would profit from people clicking on the link. Quite standard and the reason is even displayed on the first post. If you'd expended the effort to mention that, your link would have been left as is - after all plenty of other members (myself included) have put up referral links with notice.

However, we are indeed arseholes because we'll quite happily run each other over with Warthogs on Halo, or nuke each other on Command and Conquer. Or hell, just because we play Cards Against Humanity every weekend on Teamspeak

Do Not XBL-Message or PM Me Website or Community Issues/Requests.
Use The Support Centre Instead!

cruSig2.jpg

Change Theme!