43 replies to this topic

#41 ajar1189

ajar1189

Brother I am Pinned Here!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 550 posts

Posted 05 July 2014 - 07:58 PM

Yeah I would agree with that sentiment 100%, but I am not trying to start a discussion just trying to get clarification on the rules.

Usually in games when I find people being overly aggressive I will ally with others to team up against them.

Check out the app called Verge I Created: http://goo.gl/OFW1yl. It's only for android now, but will be out for iPhone in the near future!

It essentially allows you to share your location with your friends, family, coworkers, etc through a group in the app. You can find everyone in your group's location by pressing a button (assuming they respond to the request), and plot it on a map. From there you are given a point that is equidistant from everyone. With this you can find a place to search for and meet up and send this location to everyone in your group telling them thats where you want to meet. There's no need to enter any addresses, and all you need to do is click a few buttons.

#42 dx144

dx144

Amon Amarth, Sabaton, Red Army Choir and Ensiferum Fan

• Elite Member
  • Others: ,
  • 5,680 posts

Posted 05 July 2014 - 08:33 PM

I literally just googled it to find out: http://www.gothicwar...1652-teamspeak/

Thanks =)

"You fiend, have I never encountered such corrupt and foul-minded perversity! Have you ever considered a career in the Church?" - The Baby-Eating Bishop of Bath and Wells

#43 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

Squeak Squeak Mother F***ers

• Administrators
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter, GWRS Governing Council
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 05 July 2014 - 08:43 PM

Question/clarification about rushing:

What exactly do you mean by no rushing? Like how many turns before attacking is considered rushing? I would say before like 80 ish turns on quick is a good mark for that ( 1/3 game roughly i would say).

Also what about taking unprotected workers/settlers?

Also what about attacking units/settlers that are going to settle in a location that you plan to settle in?

Sorry I was busy with Naia all day yesterday. Yes you can play

Rushing is sort of a grey area, there's no defined time and as Ebony says some civs are designed for it. Basically if you ruin someone elses fun within the first hour or so, yer getting booted. If you steal the odd worker that's fine, if you repeatedly harass someone early on by taking as many as you can, you'll get booted. The idea is to let people who want to play Military do so, but without stomping on the pleasure of the others who prefer to go for science and such. Without a no rush timer in the game it's hard as hell to police and generally comes down to communal judgement.

Settling in a desired area is first come first served, though you could steal the settlers then path them back to the owner's city. Thereby ensuring you get to settle there, but without permanently stealing. Obviously after an hour or so it's fair game.

Do Not XBL-Message or PM Me Website or Community Issues/Requests.
Use The Support Centre Instead!

cruSig2.jpg

#44 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

Squeak Squeak Mother F***ers

• Administrators
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter, GWRS Governing Council
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 08:12 PM

Well this was a flop due to 4th July festivities and extreme lag. Still thanks for turning up people!

We'll do some research on reducing lag and avoid holidays for the next event.

• JC 042 likes this

Do Not XBL-Message or PM Me Website or Community Issues/Requests.
Use The Support Centre Instead!

cruSig2.jpg

Change Theme!