#21 JC 042

JC 042

Sons of The Fallen clan leader

• GWRS Governing Council
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter
  • 9,552 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 01:27 PM

I'm going.

Stealth Bombers can't go into Carriers? That explains why I was so confused by them :/

Posted Image

JC: 99% Anime, 1% hot gas

#22 An_A10_Pilot

An_A10_Pilot

Shenanigans Master!

• Premium Member
  • 1,006 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 05:12 PM

I am able to attend. I shall be playing as Germany.

Also. one of my buddies is able to attend. His steam tag is DatSandwich. He shall be playing rome. I have forwarded the rules to him and explained them to him.

Posted Image

"Sweet Tap-Dancing Night Lords, Batman!"

#23 ajar1189

ajar1189

Brother I am Pinned Here!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 550 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 05:24 PM

I would be down to play if you guys have room.

Steam name is ajar1189

Check out the app called Verge I Created: http://goo.gl/OFW1yl. It's only for android now, but will be out for iPhone in the near future!

It essentially allows you to share your location with your friends, family, coworkers, etc through a group in the app. You can find everyone in your group's location by pressing a button (assuming they respond to the request), and plot it on a map. From there you are given a point that is equidistant from everyone. With this you can find a place to search for and meet up and send this location to everyone in your group telling them thats where you want to meet. There's no need to enter any addresses, and all you need to do is click a few buttons.

#24 dx144

dx144

Amon Amarth, Sabaton, Red Army Choir and Ensiferum Fan

• Elite Member
  • Others: ,
  • 5,680 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 06:04 PM

I'm going.

Stealth Bombers can't go into Carriers? That explains why I was so confused by them :/

Yes its because of the Stealth Bombers size as they are unable to launch from Aircraft Carriers. Their range counters that with a 20 hex range. I think Bombers have 12 so it is a massive improvement and they only cost 1 aluminum which later on when you have recycling centres its very easy to get a large amount of them without costing much unless you're going for a space victory and all of your cities have Spaceship Factories.

Also is this all against all or teams of 2/3?

"You fiend, have I never encountered such corrupt and foul-minded perversity! Have you ever considered a career in the Church?" - The Baby-Eating Bishop of Bath and Wells

#25 An_A10_Pilot

An_A10_Pilot

Shenanigans Master!

• Premium Member
  • 1,006 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 07:25 PM

never mind.

Edited by An_A10_Pilot, 04 July 2014 - 07:26 PM.

Posted Image

"Sweet Tap-Dancing Night Lords, Batman!"

#26 JC 042

JC 042

• GWRS Governing Council
  • 9,552 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 07:44 PM

unless you're going for a space victory and all of your cities have Spaceship Factories.

That's another thing, I built all the spaceship parts, what do you do then?

Posted Image

#27 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

Squeak Squeak Mother F***ers

• Administrators
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter, GWRS Governing Council
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 08:34 PM

That's another thing, I built all the spaceship parts, what do you do then?

Move em to your capital city, select them and then launch

Do Not XBL-Message or PM Me Website or Community Issues/Requests.
Use The Support Centre Instead!

cruSig2.jpg

#28 ebonybrotherhood

ebonybrotherhood

Blood Thirsty Psychopath

• Members
  • Others:
  • Pip
  • 167 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 09:06 PM

Still going.

How could my Chaos Space Marine possibly be this cute?

#29 JC 042

JC 042

• GWRS Governing Council
  • 9,552 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 09:19 PM

Move em to your capital city, select them and then launch

I did that, are they meant to stack on top of eachother? Because mine would always displace eachother to another tile.

Posted Image

#30 ajar1189

ajar1189

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 550 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 09:20 PM

Never really had a game where stealth bombers were used with any sort of relevance.

Unless you're specifically rushing them, they arrive so late that either a science or culture victory (unless you choose dead wrong ideologically) is imminent.

Check out the app called Verge I Created: http://goo.gl/OFW1yl. It's only for android now, but will be out for iPhone in the near future!

It essentially allows you to share your location with your friends, family, coworkers, etc through a group in the app. You can find everyone in your group's location by pressing a button (assuming they respond to the request), and plot it on a map. From there you are given a point that is equidistant from everyone. With this you can find a place to search for and meet up and send this location to everyone in your group telling them thats where you want to meet. There's no need to enter any addresses, and all you need to do is click a few buttons.

#31 ajar1189

ajar1189

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 550 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 09:20 PM

I did that, are they meant to stack on top of eachother? Because mine would always displace eachother to another tile.

No once they are on your capital they have a button to "launch" or whatever which puts it on the victory progress screen.

#32 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

Squeak Squeak Mother F***ers

• Administrators
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter, GWRS Governing Council
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 05 July 2014 - 07:40 AM

Reminder that this is tomorrow morning (for me anyway). See ya all there

Do Not XBL-Message or PM Me Website or Community Issues/Requests.
Use The Support Centre Instead!

cruSig2.jpg

#33 ajar1189

ajar1189

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 550 posts

Posted 05 July 2014 - 03:02 PM

So can I play or what. I see you updated the OP Crucias but did not include my name. Does that mean I cannot play? It would be good to know sooner rather than later.

#34 JC 042

JC 042

• GWRS Governing Council
  • 9,552 posts

Posted 05 July 2014 - 03:59 PM

So can I play or what. I see you updated the OP Crucias but did not include my name. Does that mean I cannot play? It would be good to know sooner rather than later.

Just poke him on Steam an hour before the event I guess (bet he's gonna be asleep until then).

Also I won't be able to talk on TeamSpeak that late at night, is there an in game chat?

Posted Image

#35 ajar1189

ajar1189

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 550 posts

Posted 05 July 2014 - 04:22 PM

Okay well I couldn't find the tag listed for crucias on steam so i added crucias and some others. And yes there is in-game chat.

• JC 042 likes this

#36 ebonybrotherhood

ebonybrotherhood

Blood Thirsty Psychopath

• Members
  • Others:
  • Pip
  • 167 posts

Posted 05 July 2014 - 04:51 PM

Just poke him on Steam an hour before the event I guess (bet he's gonna be asleep until then).

Also I won't be able to talk on TeamSpeak that late at night, is there an in game chat?

Yes, There are also whispers.

#37 dx144

dx144

Amon Amarth, Sabaton, Red Army Choir and Ensiferum Fan

• Elite Member
  • Others: ,
  • 5,680 posts

Posted 05 July 2014 - 06:50 PM

I've forgotten the password for the Gothic Wars teamspeak anyway...

"You fiend, have I never encountered such corrupt and foul-minded perversity! Have you ever considered a career in the Church?" - The Baby-Eating Bishop of Bath and Wells

#38 JC 042

JC 042

• GWRS Governing Council
  • 9,552 posts

Posted 05 July 2014 - 07:17 PM

I've forgotten the password for the Gothic Wars teamspeak anyway...

I literally just googled it to find out: http://www.gothicwar...1652-teamspeak/

Posted Image

#39 ajar1189

ajar1189

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 550 posts

Posted 05 July 2014 - 07:21 PM

Question/clarification about rushing:

What exactly do you mean by no rushing? Like how many turns before attacking is considered rushing? I would say before like 80 ish turns on quick is a good mark for that ( 1/3 game roughly i would say).

Also what about taking unprotected workers/settlers?

Also what about attacking units/settlers that are going to settle in a location that you plan to settle in?

#40 ebonybrotherhood

ebonybrotherhood

Blood Thirsty Psychopath

• Members
  • Others:
  • Pip
  • 167 posts

Posted 05 July 2014 - 07:48 PM

To be honest, I think a 'no rushing' rule is kind of ridiculous, because there are late and early game civs, who are more powerful at different intervals. To put it in a way some may understand, imagine playing League and saying 'no ganks or kills allowed until 20-30 minute mark', meaning whoever is most powerful late game insta wins. And don't see this as the guys I play being weak in late game, because Egypt can wonder-rush until they are nigh unstoppable. 

TLDR: A no rushing rule is silly. If somebody is being overly aggressive, there is no reason you could not, lets say, band together with other teams to take them out.

Edited by ebonybrotherhood, 05 July 2014 - 07:49 PM.

Change Theme!