#81 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

Squeak Squeak Mother F***ers

• Administrators
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter, GWRS Governing Council
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 01 March 2015 - 09:45 PM

To return the conversation to WAR

There's only 12 levels right now so I'll grind up to that cap this coming weekend. We should take stock and see what people intend to play and arrange times to do group content (Player Quests) and PVP

Do Not XBL-Message or PM Me Website or Community Issues/Requests.
Use The Support Centre Instead!

cruSig2.jpg

#82 Lord Ariok

Lord Ariok

Chaos Lord

• GWRS Governing Council
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter
  • 2,772 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 12:18 AM

ok im halfway there now and im open for group ups anytime really

Posted Image

#83 MetalHead666X

MetalHead666X

Sorcerer Supreme of the Thousand Sons

• GWRS Governing Council
  • 2,438 posts

Posted 03 March 2015 - 11:02 AM

I will start re-downloading it today, and will grind when I can. This time, I shall find those bloody cannons. 

Two Giratina are better than one.

Posted Image

Thanks to Astral Shadow of Serebii for the Signiture

#84 NinjaJohnno

NinjaJohnno

Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 239 posts
  • Xbox Live:NinjaJohnno

Posted 03 March 2015 - 11:27 AM

To return the conversation to WAR

There's only 12 levels right now so I'll grind up to that cap this coming weekend. We should take stock and see what people intend to play and arrange times to do group content (Player Quests) and PVP

That's a shame, most of the really decent goodies are available from rank 21 onwards.

Super Bolter ftw

#85 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

• Administrators
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 03 March 2015 - 05:23 PM

That's a shame, most of the really decent goodies are available from rank 21 onwards.

Yes and no, I found the 1-10 PVP the most balanced and fun as no classes had snowballed yet (cough choppa and slayer cough). They're working on a roughly a tier at a time, getting it ready before moving on

cruSig2.jpg

#86 NinjaJohnno

NinjaJohnno

Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 239 posts

Posted 03 March 2015 - 06:47 PM

Yes and no, I found the 1-10 PVP the most balanced and fun as no classes had snowballed yet (cough choppa and slayer cough). They're working on a roughly a tier at a time, getting it ready before moving on

haha true, things like Flurry and Furious Choppin, I can't remember the self heal on both those classes.

Also I hope the AOEfest that was tier 4 is toned down in this version.

Super Bolter ftw

#87 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

• Administrators
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 04 March 2015 - 12:24 AM

haha true, things like Flurry and Furious Choppin, I can't remember the self heal on both those classes.

Also I hope the AOEfest that was tier 4 is toned down in this version.

They have not altered anything from official WAR (when it shut down) aside from a few things that were bugged or broken. The final patch of WAR was pretty well balanced and developed, it's such a shame that they were forced to shut the game down through the transfer of the Warhammer IP to another developer. The second expansion sounded awesome :(

cruSig2.jpg

#88 NinjaJohnno

NinjaJohnno

Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 239 posts

Posted 04 March 2015 - 09:17 AM

I wasn't there for the last patch, or the closing party to have a final kill frenzy.

I loved that game, it was fantastic on so many levels, and Bioware/EA are fools for what they did to it, they had a premade fanbase waiting for them.

In the end all the Pve content in the lower tiers was made redundant, all I will say is explore, there are so many excellent areas, public quests it really had a lot of attention to detail and the developers really dropped the ball on an epic scale.

I still try and avoid Bioware/EA if I can help it, just out of spite for what they did to that game.

Super Bolter ftw

#89 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

• Administrators
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 04 March 2015 - 06:29 PM

I wasn't there for the last patch, or the closing party to have a final kill frenzy.

I loved that game, it was fantastic on so many levels, and Bioware/EA are fools for what they did to it, they had a premade fanbase waiting for them.

In the end all the Pve content in the lower tiers was made redundant, all I will say is explore, there are so many excellent areas, public quests it really had a lot of attention to detail and the developers really dropped the ball on an epic scale.

I still try and avoid Bioware/EA if I can help it, just out of spite for what they did to that game.

I think the only mistake they made was unbalancing the game, there was a blog post where the devs admitted they ALL played order. The result of this was Destro got repeatedly nerfed, to the point where a single Warrior Priest could hold his own against 10 Destro players of equal rank. When they finally realised their mistake and rebalanced it the Destro side squashed Order on every server, as they had learned to play better because they were weaker, so when balanced there were more superior skilled players. That slam back to balanced is what killed off a lot of servers. The fact people hated on it for not being WoW, or PVE friendly, was irrelevant because it said on the box it was a PVP focused game.

Loved the PQs though, grinded to 50 through some epic PQ sessions. Balance issues aside, I consider this game to be the pinnacle of MMO PVP and depth. I mean you could walk into a bar and see Gotrek and Felix recovering from hangovers

cruSig2.jpg

#90 NinjaJohnno

NinjaJohnno

Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 239 posts

Posted 04 March 2015 - 10:20 PM

Like I said earlier I played a Whitelion, I hated it when it got buffed, the class didn't need it, I played on the last open rvr server and in the end I was the last Whitelion left playing pretty much, and I could top the score boards vs the form classes.

When I switched to a Destro guild it really did make me a better player, we held our own vs the guilds that ran just Bright wizard, Warrior priest & Knight groups and Aoe bombtarded everything, when they balanced out the Aoe we wrecked, loads of the bomb guilds quit as they couldn't adapt and their easy mode was taken away.

If I was ever to get another PC I would really have to consider playing this again, it was like you said the best MMO PVP game.

My old guild leader made this video:

We really didn't mind what class people played, just wanted to have fun.

Super Bolter ftw

#91 NinjaJohnno

NinjaJohnno

Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 239 posts

Posted 04 March 2015 - 10:28 PM

Love this video shows what a high end Witch elf can do!

Super Bolter ftw

#92 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

• Administrators
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 05 March 2015 - 12:37 AM

Nice to meet someone who had a similar experience to me on WAR ^^

Gotta say I'm looking forward to randomly messing with people on it again. Still think the 'chicken' mechanic was the single best MMO mechanic ever created

cruSig2.jpg

#93 NinjaJohnno

NinjaJohnno

Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 239 posts

Posted 05 March 2015 - 09:05 AM

I have many great memories from that game.

After it closed people held a massive get together in the UK, but I couldn't attend, shame as the pictures looked messy! haha

Super Bolter ftw

#94 MetalHead666X

MetalHead666X

Sorcerer Supreme of the Thousand Sons

• GWRS Governing Council
  • 2,438 posts

Posted 06 March 2015 - 07:52 PM

If anyone wants to play, I am currently grinding my Level 6 Slayer up. Help would be appreciated. Name is Gurni.

Two Giratina are better than one.

Posted Image

Thanks to Astral Shadow of Serebii for the Signiture

#95 NinjaJohnno

NinjaJohnno

Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 239 posts

Posted 08 March 2015 - 09:26 PM

You mentioned the chicken buff Cru.