One more space marine

Imperial Fist 1st Company Battle Brother

• Members
  • 37 posts
  • Xbox Live:TTD0Mindosa (no live)
  • Steam:Sergeant_Jesus
  • Social Groups:Imperial Fists

Posted 21 February 2014 - 11:42 PM

This is the biggest issue with me when people compare games due to similarity. STARCRAFT WAS ORIGINALLY A GW GAME!!! 

GW dropped it and allowed Blizzard to pick it up. This is why everything is fucking similar. Stop saying Blizzard violates copyright laws or is "ripping off Warhammer", GW abandoned Starcraft because they did not think it would become popular among other reasons.

We can all see the fucking resemblance in the Tyranids/Zerg, Eldar/Protoss, Space Marines/Terran; they changed what was necessary to not be a complete mirror to WH40k and to have an identity of their own. It is a completely different game with a story that not only develops differently, and honestly the only thing I have seen that begins to resemble WH40K is the way Terran Marines are equipped, but even in that case how would you create a process to equip a suit that is supposed to protect you from the perils of war and the vacuum of space? You vacuum seal that guy in their and ship him off on a drop-ship.

With that being said please stop mentioning starcraft, it is a great game and their is a serious reason as to why aesthetically it looks like WH40K.

I figure that is borderline heresy at this point.

BURN HERETIC- One more space Marine

#2 Armoured Priest

Armoured Priest

Man in the long black coat

• Administrators
  • Others: GWRS Governing Council
  • 10,192 posts

Posted 22 February 2014 - 02:04 AM

I don't why this thread was even made since I had not seen anyone post on this entire site about Starcraft and Warhammer 40k. Not only that, but to expect people to understand or change their viewpoint at this point or in such a matter of the way it has been typed here is a hell of a way to start off something ugly. 

I'm posting here just to make sure everyone still post will a calm head and wording.

Spoiler

Burning, Stabbing, Devouring, Changing, Resurrecting and creating in Sanctuary
We have such sights to show you...

SignatureBurias_zpsafd03a97.jpg

#3 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

Squeak Squeak Mother F***ers

• Administrators
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter, GWRS Governing Council
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 22 February 2014 - 08:22 AM

Pretty stupid decision for GW to abandon Starcraft and Warcraft. Just think how much better gaming would be if they were still GW IP's. 

Do Not XBL-Message or PM Me Website or Community Issues/Requests.
Use The Support Centre Instead!

cruSig2.jpg

#4 Doomdrinker1

Doomdrinker1

Brother Icarus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,571 posts

Posted 22 February 2014 - 09:03 AM

Just a tad confused about this post I mean I love the whole pro scene of SC2 but have not seen anyone ever even mention the two franchises.

Just a bit of topic but you guys know that the arcade for SC2 is now completely free, if you download the free starter edition you get full access to the arcade which is basically thousands of fan made games on the starcraft engine.

• Armoured Priest likes this
Posted Image

#5 Trollet

Trollet

Captain of the 3rd company

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 22 February 2014 - 07:36 PM

Actually I read an interview with Bill Roper who completely denied the connection between the two. The only game Blizzard ever were planning on doing with GW were a game based on Necromunda. Starcraft almost became a starwarsgame, but Lucasart apparently canceled a lot of projects after "Yoda´s desktop adventure" so they made there own universe instead. 

Primarch-Progenitor, to your glory and the glory of him on earth!

#6 One more space marine

One more space marine

Imperial Fist 1st Company Battle Brother

• Members
  • 37 posts
  • Xbox Live:TTD0Mindosa (no live)
  • Steam:Sergeant_Jesus
  • Social Groups:Imperial Fists

Posted 07 March 2014 - 05:02 PM

I posted this because I read another "THIS GAME RIPPS OFF STARCRAFT HURR" post. I don't want to grave digg, but they're lurking here somewhere. I've hit my breaking point with that and got tired of seeing it, anyone who generates an opinion instantly at face value without even the slightest bit of digging into the subject needs to keep it to themselves. 

Actually I read an interview with Bill Roper who completely denied the connection between the two. The only game Blizzard ever were planning on doing with GW were a game based on Necromunda. Starcraft almost became a starwarsgame, but Lucasart apparently canceled a lot of projects after "Yoda´s desktop adventure" so they made there own universe instead. 

Do you have a link to it? That would be kind of silly.

BURN HERETIC- One more space Marine

Change Theme!