• GWRS Governing Council
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter
  • 9,552 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 07:35 PM

"Beware that the light is fading /
Beware as the dark returns /
This world's unforgiving /
Even brilliant lights will cease to burn..."

Can't... contain it... any longer... must... share!!

Hey everyone -- Rooster Teeth is very proud to announce that work has already begun on RWBY Volume 2. Monty is busy planning all sorts of insane action, Kerry and Miles are putting the finishing touches on the scripts (brace yourself for the feels, believe me), and the rest of the production team has begun to assemble. 

RWBY Volume 2 will premiere at RTX2014, in Austin, Texas, July 4-6. Details here, tickets on sale this Friday, January 31st. The volume's online debut will happen very shortly thereafter, and we will announce the date as soon as we have it. Volume 2 will run for twelve chapters of about twelve minutes each, and what's more, each week's web release will contain an entire chapter. We are anticipating the web release schedule will present a full chapter per week for a few weeks, take a week off, come back for a few more weeks, etc. But during those "off" weeks, you'll still be getting new story content from the world of RWBY. More on that later... ...yeah, I know, already teasing again -- sorry. (Warning: Not really sorry)

Just because the premiere is this Summer doesn't mean we won't have anything new to share with you until then. We've already started recording, concepting (that's a verb, right?), modeling, storyboarding, and even animating. Over the coming months, we'll continue to tease you mercilessly -- er, I mean update you on what we're up to with a series of production video journals, giving you a peek at who's involved, and how it's all going. The journals will also announce the winner of the Velvet Battle Gear Design Contest, then follow how Velvet's new look is turned into an actual production asset, and even watch her new model get animated for the first time!

With all that said -- thanks to all of you for watching, as well as keeping the world of RWBY going between volumes. Everyone here is constantly blown away by the art and stories and cosplay and RP-gaming and... well, let's just say it means a lot to us.

And lastly, the team would like to take this opportunity to thank our exec producers, Matt and Burnie, for letting us all visit the world of RWBY again, and so soon. Their constant support and guidance during Volume 2's launch has been invaluable.

Ruby and the gang are waiting for us to tell the next wave of stories, so we better get back to it. More catching up soon, ok?
-Gray

P.S. Who'd like to see RWBY Volume 2's first piece of promotional art, by Volume 2's Art Director, Kristina Nguyen?
Fnn6fzx.jpg

Edited by JC 042, 30 January 2014 - 07:36 PM.

• An_A10_Pilot likes this

Posted Image

JC: 99% Anime, 1% hot gas

#2 Talos Valcoran

Talos Valcoran

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • 1,202 posts
  • Xbox Live:Archmage Talos
  • PSN:Morgoth1100
  • Social Groups:Raven Guard

Posted 31 January 2014 - 02:08 AM

Sounds Amazing.

• JC 042 likes this

If you win, you live. If you lose, you die. If you don't fight, you can't win! - Eren Yaeger (Attack on Titan)

#3 Authrix

Authrix

Chief Organ Thief

• Acolyte
  • 3,926 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 11:18 AM

:D :D :D

That is all.

You need your head examined - CruciasNZ

Authrix stop making me spill things on my laptop with what you post - Pony

I cannot oblige Pony.

#4 DTdante2787

DTdante2787

I will never be a memory

• Interrogator
  • 1,886 posts
  • Xbox Live:dtdante2787
  • Steam:nightlorddante
  • Social Groups:Night Lords

Posted 04 February 2014 - 05:53 PM

Finally caught up on the series. Just fucking wow....it got real good real fast. Blake wins as my favorite

I'd like to see more of Sun in season 2. Also...Penny...dear god jaw dropping abilities. I fucking knew she had some off the wall power (it was the robot voice)

raptor_by_artimac-d4xg7cccopy_zps5623e7c

#5 JC 042

JC 042

Sons of The Fallen clan leader

• GWRS Governing Council
  • 9,552 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 06:14 PM

Finally caught up on the series. Just fucking wow....it got real good real fast. Blake wins as my favorite

I'd like to see more of Sun in season 2. Also...Penny...dear god jaw dropping abilities. I fucking knew she had some off the wall power (it was the robot voice)

Spoiler

Edited by JC 042, 04 February 2014 - 06:15 PM.

Posted Image

#6 Igness

Igness

Meatshield

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 12:27 AM

personaly im hopeing we find out more on Jaune "lady killer" Arc's as there have been way too many nods to it.... that and im a sucker for the one normal guy in an school for super heroes

• JC 042 likes this

#7 JC 042

JC 042

Sons of The Fallen clan leader

• GWRS Governing Council
  • 9,552 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 10:49 AM

personaly im hopeing we find out more on Jaune "lady killer" Arc's as there have been way too many nods to it.... that and im a sucker for the one normal guy in an school for super heroes

I've read WAY too many Harem mangas... To Love Ru, Rosario + Vampire, Love Hina.... I can't help but see it XD

Posted Image

#8 An_A10_Pilot

An_A10_Pilot

Shenanigans Master!

• Premium Member
  • 1,006 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 09:41 PM

Well.. I lost interest in RWBY, but I finally picked it up again. I do agree, it gets much better. I am now looking forward to volume 2. :)

Posted Image

"Sweet Tap-Dancing Night Lords, Batman!"

Change Theme!