Photo

Blood Bowl?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Poll: Blood Bowl? (3 member(s) have cast votes)

Would you be interested in joining the Blood Bowl League?

1. Yes (1 votes [33.33%])

Percentage of vote: 33.33%

2. No (2 votes [66.67%])

Percentage of vote: 66.67%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 dx144

dx144

Amon Amarth, Sabaton, Red Army Choir and Ensiferum Fan

• Elite Member
  • Others: ,
  • 5,680 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 03:48 PM

Just asking if anyone would be interested in joining as I am thinking of getting it back up as before it kind of broke down a few months after its creation/separation from the Night Lords area. This was due to real life stuff that some members had which couldn't have been helped.

Blood Bowl Trailer - http://www.youtube.c...h?v=t3xsSN7UEFI

If anyone would like to join in your more than welcome to come along. We will need about 6+ members to get a good competition. At the moment there is myself and Lothair willing to be part of the Blood Bowl League.

Only rules we have our:

1. Most importantly play matches through to the end. Even if you're facing Wood Elves and they are dancing around your Ogres with their ridiculous Agility and scoring touchdowns every couple of turns or if your best player was just killed by a fan throwing a rock. Get over it. Its a game and shit happens.

2. Try and have fun with others. Its a game and no matter how much the dice try to convince you with the bad rolls its supposed to be played for fun.

"You fiend, have I never encountered such corrupt and foul-minded perversity! Have you ever considered a career in the Church?" - The Baby-Eating Bishop of Bath and Wells

#2 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

Squeak Squeak Mother F***ers

• Administrators
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter, GWRS Governing Council
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 09:18 PM

PC?

Do Not XBL-Message or PM Me Website or Community Issues/Requests.
Use The Support Centre Instead!

cruSig2.jpg

#3 Trollet

Trollet

Captain of the 3rd company

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 09:30 PM

I wouldn´t mind joining in. It´s a really fun game.

• dx144 likes this
Primarch-Progenitor, to your glory and the glory of him on earth!

#4 dx144

dx144

• Elite Member
  • 5,680 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 08:16 AM

PC?

Yep. I must have forgot to put that in...

I wouldn´t mind joining in. It´s a really fun game.

Great! That makes 3 of us just need a few more now and we can start it up =)

"You fiend, have I never encountered such corrupt and foul-minded perversity! Have you ever considered a career in the Church?" - The Baby-Eating Bishop of Bath and Wells

#5 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

• Administrators
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 08:57 AM

What version? Can Dark Elves edition play with you?

cruSig2.jpg

#6 dx144

dx144

• Elite Member
  • 5,680 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 09:15 AM

Anyone version I think. I have the legendary edition but a few of the others were playing with the Chaos edition and worked fine. Othrim used Dark Elves in the last competition I think so should work out fine =)

#7 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

• Administrators
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 09:06 PM

Might consider joining you sometime then. I am fuck off terribad with the game though, so practice might be required

cruSig2.jpg

#8 dx144

dx144

• Elite Member
  • 5,680 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 10:18 PM

No problem. I didn't know half of the stuff that I could upgrade my units with was.

Just play a competition a bit and you will learn a bit. Block I would say is necessacitity for a successful team. That is just me though. I choose power/tank teams most time or a team with really good players with some really shit players EG Lizardmen. Skinks can run faster but have terrible strength so they can get pummelled. Good thing there is a lot of them =P

Play around with all the teams and find one you like then play with them. Skaven from memory were pretty good as Lothair's tan won with them and had the highest ranked player.

#9 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

• Administrators
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 10:19 PM

I played Dark Elves against Skaven. I won only because I eliminated their entire team, didn't manage to score once

cruSig2.jpg

#10 dx144

dx144

• Elite Member
  • 5,680 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 10:27 PM

It's a bit of a learning curve for the game. I remember I used he Undead at first. Got fucked up constantly. I didn't understand agility/strength/movement allowance and all that fun stuff when I first started. I think just playing a bit would help you out. I used lizard men and they became pretty OP in my mind.

Just try out a few teams. You will probably find one you'll love over others. If you want sometime in January we could have some practice matches and I could ask Lothair if he wants to play some practice/sparing matches =)

#11 dx144

dx144

• Elite Member
  • 5,680 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 10:35 AM

Due to the amount of interest I am afraid that the Blood Bowl league will not continue. If more people come at a later date saying they would like to join but at the moment we have 4 players and if the same rules apply for a faction/group we need to have 5 as a minimum but if anyone would like a game or two on Blood Bowl in the future let me know. I might even use Ogres as they are hilarious when they throw Snotlings across the pitch! =D

So to sum up that the Blood Bowl league is put on hold possibly forever or until the day when some more people come along. I think a few who were part of the Blood Bowl League on GWRS 1.0 are just starting to come over here so who knows this could be start a week later or a month or a year. Who knows.

Thanks you for those who responded and showed an interested. If the Blood Bowl League does kick off then I will be sure to inform you so that if you're still interested then we can get this set up and running =)

Change Theme!