#1 Romulus_Sorvian

Romulus_Sorvian

Son of Magnus

• Members
  • Others:
  • Pip
  • 235 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 03:09 PM

Decided on the Army i am gonna build. Gonna look for models this weekend.

Any tips on where to look? Also how hard will it be to build a pre-heresy army?

Thanks in advance for any responses :)
"Do Ut Des." - Roman Prayer

#2 JC 042

JC 042

Sons of The Fallen clan leader

• GWRS Governing Council
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter
  • 9,552 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 03:59 PM

Its VERY hard. The best place to look is Forge World, if your serious about doing a proper pre heresy army. It involves buying dozens of the same type of armour and weapons just for the basic model, then you have to buy loads of plastic kits for some half decent weapons and specific army conversions.

Of course a cheaper alternative is bying LOTS of thousand sons kits and swapping parts out with standard space marine parts. Such as always keep the heads for them. Also I know somone who has used grey knight terminators for his thousand sons, its all GK but the heads swapped out for Thousand Sons.

Posted Image

JC: 99% Anime, 1% hot gas

#3 Thugren

Thugren

Master Of The Sanctuary

• Administrators
  • Others: GWRS Governing Council
  • 14,265 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 04:10 PM

I have a prehetesy thousand son army, if you'd like hot me up in pm and I cam give you a laundry list

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Oh sanctuary...THAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT Rp
cainsig11.jpg

#4 Romulus_Sorvian

Romulus_Sorvian

Son of Magnus

• Members
  • Others:
  • Pip
  • 235 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 07:04 PM

Cool thanks guys. Good to know ahead of time what i am in for :P

#5 Cypher 1013

Cypher 1013

Raven Wing 2nd Company battle brother

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 818 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 10:58 PM

You should google mark 2,3 and 4 power armor to get ideas for the scheme. Should pads the plating has changed since. Good luck I cant wait to see the completed items.
Stoopid fuqing rools.
Awesome ends with me.

#6 Romulus_Sorvian

Romulus_Sorvian

Son of Magnus

• Members
  • Others:
  • Pip
  • 235 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 09:37 AM

Well from the pics i been seeing i am hoping for something like this.

I think the artist did an amazing job on these.

#7 Crimson Marine

Crimson Marine

Wolf in Primarchs clothing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 192 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 10:48 AM

They are works of art, the first one's power guan dao looks so realistic. But the second pics colour looks like there may be some photoshop creeping in.

Any hoo, good luck with the army, will be a interesting one to follow.

Sent via the Astronomican
Postad bild

#8 JC 042

JC 042

• GWRS Governing Council
  • 9,552 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 05:15 PM

I wouldnt set your ambitions THAT high unless your a master modeler with green stuff and used to work with the eavy metal class painting team.

If I was you, buy lots of Forge World, assuming if I was you with LOTS of money. But its your choice.

Also at the bare minimum I think you should use the current Thousand Sons kit's heads for you HQ and/or sergeant models.

Posted Image

#9 Darkanis

Darkanis

Black Cardinal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 149 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 06:30 AM

If your rich shop at Forge World if not then shop here TheWarStore.com/Scibor Monstrous Minis. Most of the parts on those two models were crafted by Scibor and TheWarStore.com gives great discounts. If your from the UK/EU it may be better for you to shop Scibors website sciborminiatures.com, just depends on where you live. Check it out. 
I forgot to put that Scibor even makes the Egypt style weapons. You'll have to look through the armor and weapons for what you like because he can't come out and say this is for Pre Heresy Thousand Sons due to GW's BS.

Posted Image

#10 JC 042

JC 042

• GWRS Governing Council
  • 9,552 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 07:25 AM

Theres a prob with the warstore site: "Due to Games Workshop's 'no internet shopping cart' policy we cannot display Games Workshop items for sale on our website, nor offer them for sale in a shopping cart."

Posted Image

#11 Darkanis

Darkanis

Black Cardinal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 149 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 02:33 AM

You have to call them to order all GW stuff except bits. They have word sheets they can send you via email with their prices. It's still 20-25% off GW prices with a $7 shipping fee. GW fucked everyone a few years ago when they said no one but the GW website could sell GW products online. The only reason I put TheWarStore out there is they are the only ones that I have dealt with since 99 that gives you low prices and a low ship rate. They are a great site to order from if you want to save money. Plus they have over seas products such as Scribor for sale under USD and no over sea shipping fee.

Posted Image

#12 Romulus_Sorvian

Romulus_Sorvian

Son of Magnus

• Members
  • Others:
  • Pip
  • 235 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 05:42 AM

Real Quick question.

The pics i put up there. Anyone know what kinda Power armor that would be? Like what Parts where used to make it as well as the other details on the armor like the Scarbs and such?

Sorry noob question /:

#13 Domine Nox

Domine Nox

Regent of Ultramar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,950 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 06:05 AM

Well that's Mk III Power Armor. My guess would be forge world pieces for the main armor and for the little details very skillful use of greenstuff.

Forge World Mk III Iron Armor link

Posted Image

Nolo mihi libet sis multo felis.

#14 Romulus_Sorvian

Romulus_Sorvian

Son of Magnus

• Members
  • Others:
  • Pip
  • 235 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 06:18 AM

Well that's Mk III Power Armor. My guess would be forge world pieces for the main armor and for the little details very skillful use of greenstuff.

Forge World Mk III Iron Armor link

Alright very cool, thank you much bud. Wish me luck :D

They shall be perfect or i wont stop tweakin em :P  
Ah one more thing, Is that an Old Jump pack on the Assault guy?

#15 Domine Nox

Domine Nox

Regent of Ultramar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,950 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 06:39 AM

Yes, that will also be forge world... but it seems Forge World isn't doing them anymore. This site has them though.

Jump Pack Piece Link

Posted Image

#16 Romulus_Sorvian

Romulus_Sorvian

Son of Magnus

• Members
  • Others:
  • Pip
  • 235 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 06:50 AM

Yes, that will also be forge world... but it seems Forge World isn't doing them anymore. This site has them though.

Jump Pack Piece Link

Freakin awesome :P thank you muchly :D

#17 DTdante2787

DTdante2787

I will never be a memory

• Interrogator
  • 1,886 posts
  • Xbox Live:dtdante2787
  • Steam:nightlorddante
  • Social Groups:Night Lords

Posted 16 March 2012 - 06:07 PM

Wouldn't they be able to use the Mk. V "Heresy" armor too? Because that armor you could swap in some terminator heads since those helmets look similar (that's what I did with my lead biker for my 13th Company Space Wolves, to emulate the older style feel)

Also, it's a shot in the dark, but remember to check ebay as well, you can get some awesome deals if you search hard enough. That's how I got 4 Chaos Bikers for $15 USD (which is a steal). You might need to strip some paint off, but it's worth it

raptor_by_artimac-d4xg7cccopy_zps5623e7c

#18 JC 042

JC 042

• GWRS Governing Council
  • 9,552 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 08:20 PM

Mark V looks nothing like Mark III, they're completely different, and too be honest I dont see how terminator head looks like Mark III, the only time it could is if you go crazy with a file or use Grey Knight ones.

Posted Image

#19 Domine Nox

Domine Nox

Regent of Ultramar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,950 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 05:00 AM

Dante was saying that a Pre-Heresy army could use Mark V armor, as that is "Heresy" armor. In fact you could use as far as Mk VI Corvus, though in small numbers, as Mark VI was being produced at the time that Horus announced his treachery it was the super new armor at the time.

And for the helmets Dante was saying terminator helms work for Mark V, which it's kinda close.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#20 Romulus_Sorvian

Romulus_Sorvian

Son of Magnus

• Members
  • Others:
  • Pip
  • 235 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 08:43 AM

Alright very cool, thanks muchly to you all for the info, good to have some peeps who know what they are talking about help me out :D

I'll assume though i'll have to use alot of Greenstuff to get this all pulled off the way i want. Any tips for that?

If not no worries just figured sense i was getting good feed back i would ask :P

Thanks again brothers! 
Also one more thing, the assault guy still has the well lets say "Vents" in the helmet covering the mouth, where as the other is smoothed out which looks awesome.

Question is which would be more Thousand Son like? I want the Army to be as Pre-Heresy as it can be so just seeing what i will need to work on and such.

Anyways sorry for more noob questions lol and thanks again.

Change Theme!