Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 198 posts
  • Xbox Live:ICE JARL
  • Steam:bjorn_ironskull
  • Social Groups:Ice Wolves

Posted 03 December 2013 - 03:15 PM

Dx would the crimson fists like a chapter match?

Please keep stuff like that in the SM forum, don't junk up other forums and threads!

Also I don't think the space wolves have successors

They have one, called "The Wolf Brothers" and there's two sets of fluff about them.
  • Something bad happened and they got wiped out
  • They went 'Dark" and do their duty in the shadowy places no other Chapter treads

The wolf brothers were disbanded, due to the instability of the canis helix. Those who remained loyal were cut down a d destroyed, but many fell to chaos. many assisted the red corsairs. It is from the remnants of the loyal wolf brothers, that the ice wolves story comes in.

5a0878d3-1001-44ce-8a24-7d2530b2cb82_zps

#62 LeadCrazySam

LeadCrazySam

Hero of #GothicWars

• Premium Member
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter
  • 1,878 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 03:20 PM

Legion Of The Damned.

Posted Image

#63 Authrix

Authrix

Chief Organ Thief

• Acolyte
  • 3,926 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 03:25 PM

Legion Of The Damned.

It was kind of funny the first time. Quit it now please.

Saint: Sisters likely wouldn't take sides IMO. Unless it turned into the Inquisition vs Space Wolves.

You need your head examined - CruciasNZ

Authrix stop making me spill things on my laptop with what you post - Pony

I cannot oblige Pony.

#64 Emperors Saint

Emperors Saint

Romulous's lap dog

• Members
  • Pip
  • 237 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 04:13 PM

Jc said they would, it would be nice to see his reasons why he thinks this
The Emperor is all seeing and when he is unpleased with what is happening in his galaxy, he sends his saint.

#65 JC 042

JC 042

Sons of The Fallen clan leader

• GWRS Governing Council
  • 9,552 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 04:15 PM

Why would the sisters help the space wolves?

After Matt Ward made Grey Knights commit Khorne Worship slaughter an entire covent of Sisters of Battle and soak their own armour in their blood because as Grey Knights they weren't "pure enough" to fight a certain daemon.

Hence the images.

Posted Image

They want revenge....

Posted Image

Posted Image

JC: 99% Anime, 1% hot gas

#66 Emperors Saint

Emperors Saint

Romulous's lap dog

• Members
  • Pip
  • 237 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 04:19 PM

Do they know this happened or was it covered up
The Emperor is all seeing and when he is unpleased with what is happening in his galaxy, he sends his saint.

#67 JC 042

JC 042

• GWRS Governing Council
  • 9,552 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 04:23 PM

Do they know this happened or was it covered up

Well there were no witnesses as Grey Knights murder everything... As we know from Matt Ward's belief... :dodgy:

Posted Image

#68 Authrix

Authrix

Chief Organ Thief

• Acolyte
  • 3,926 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 04:35 PM

It depends on how you read it. Did the GKs tunr around and brutally murder them, or did they sacrifice themselves so the GK may succeed? Not defending Ward in the slightest, but bloodtide did exist before Ward wrote the 5th ED book.

You need your head examined - CruciasNZ

Authrix stop making me spill things on my laptop with what you post - Pony

I cannot oblige Pony.

#69 LeadCrazySam

LeadCrazySam

Hero of #GothicWars

• Premium Member
  • 1,878 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 04:37 PM

Leg... Yeah, I just felt like I needed input. My personal opinion would be the Space Wolves would win, but are Space Marines really designed to fight other Space Marines?

Posted Image

#70 ICE JARL (bjorn_ironskull)

ICE JARL (bjorn_ironskull)

Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 198 posts
  • Xbox Live:ICE JARL
  • Steam:bjorn_ironskull
  • Social Groups:Ice Wolves

Posted 03 December 2013 - 04:45 PM

Well, Sam, if you look at it n the terms of the space wolves were the emperor's sanction.... yes. But, until prospero and istvan 3 (the purge of the traitor legions), no. The adeptus astartes were never meant to wage war against each other. That said, their armour was designed to be the finest quality in the galaxy. The only weapons that mankind created to specifically defeat astartes power armour, were astartes weapons. So in a way; yes.

5a0878d3-1001-44ce-8a24-7d2530b2cb82_zps

#71 JC 042

JC 042

• GWRS Governing Council
  • 9,552 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 04:46 PM

It depends on how you read it. Did the GKs tunr around and brutally murder them, or did they sacrifice themselves so the GK may succeed? Not defending Ward in the slightest, but bloodtide did exist before Ward wrote the 5th ED book.

They did it without telling the Sisters at all why they were brutally murdering them.

Posted Image

#72 Emperors Saint

Emperors Saint

Romulous's lap dog

• Members
  • Pip
  • 237 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 06:39 PM

Well that sucks, thanks girls for your help and well done but I'm sorry to tell you this there is a chance you are now chaos so we will have to kill you all and i mean all

#73 JC 042

JC 042

• GWRS Governing Council
  • 9,552 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 07:51 PM

Well that sucks, thanks girls for your help and well done but I'm sorry to tell you this there is a chance you are now chaos so we will have to kill you all and i mean all

No, it's worse than that.

They killed them because they were the only thing NOT tainted by Chaos so the Grey Knight's needed their blood which according to Matt Ward is purer than all of the Grey Knight's training and armour in comparison...

Posted Image

#74 Emperors Saint

Emperors Saint

Romulous's lap dog

• Members
  • Pip
  • 237 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 07:56 PM

Just reading that annoyed me :s

#75 Fallen Angels95

Fallen Angels95

Grand Provost Marshal

• Elite Member
  • Others:
  • 3,585 posts
  • Xbox Live:fallen angels95

Posted 03 December 2013 - 09:03 PM

It depends on your view like Authrix said. Besides desperate times call for desperate measures. I'd gladly sacrifice the sisters in exchange to save billions of imperial lives.

To be just, our law must be cruel.

To stand upon the bedrock of law is our great duty. To presume to stand above it is our worst heresy.

We determine the guilty. We decide the punishment.

#76 JC 042

JC 042

• GWRS Governing Council
  • 9,552 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 09:14 PM

It depends on your view like Authrix said. Besides desperate times call for desperate measures. I'd gladly sacrifice the sisters in exchange to save billions of imperial lives.

No, the stupidity of it is that Grey Knights, the most purest untainted warriors in the Imperium, needed to shower in the blood of Sisters of Battle, who are known to have fallen to Chaos on many occasions, because the Grey Knights weren't pure enough...

Posted Image

#77 Armoured Priest

Armoured Priest

Man in the long black coat

• Administrators
  • Others: GWRS Governing Council
  • 10,192 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 10:31 PM

Really? No really? You do not see the fluff breaking the actions here? The grey knights, who are literally written as the truest and incorruptible organization by the same guy who then says that they must douse themselves in blood, which can and should bee seen more as a form of Khornate ritual, of sisters of battle to kill one daemon. You know what, I'm just going to put in a quote in the hopes that you understand just how bad the entire subject matter is.

Basically one story in the new Grey Knight Codex, "The Bloodtide Returns", lists the Grey Knights as coming across a planet wherein a powerful Dark Age of Technology nanite weapon controlled by a bloodthirster resided - one so powerful that it was corrupting the populace by flying into their pores and driving them crazy. There was a convent of Sisters that were being slowly wiped out near the site whose faith was keeping them pure and untouched by the taint except for all the ones who were corrupted, and instead of asking for the Sisters' assistance the Grey Knights proceeded to slaughter them all and make wards from their blood, then go about banishing the daemon. Read the fucking fluff some time. All after the codex stating literally that their faith is strong enough to protect them from any kind of daemonic corruption.
Think about this, for just a minute. The Sisters' faith protected some of them from being corrupted. Yet, as has been shown before, there have been a few Sisters of Battle that have fallen to Chaos. In come the Grey Knights, whose faith is so powerful it is quite literally their strongest weapon and their most potent protection. These Grey Knights' faith is not strong enough to withstand the NANITE WEAPONS of Chaos, while the Sisters' is? Does that make ANY sense at all?

This is a classic case of extra heresy; canon to this point had implicitly detailed 3 things:

That the Grey Knights greatly loathe chaos and are completely immune to it's corrupting influence. They wouldn't need a ward made on the spot to withstand daemonic corruption, given that just their Aegis armor would deflect any corruptive influence that would try to tempt them.

That no Grey Knight in the history of the chapter has ever fallen to the temptations of Chaos due to the massive amounts of spiritual and physical indoctrination and training they go through that would make the Space Marines' training and creation regiment look like the guard's conscript training, along with their anti-daemon Aegis armors. In addition, in older fluff, the Grey Knights COULD fall to Chaos, in theory. However, in addition to their intense faith, they closely regulated themselves. If a Battle-brother's reaction to Chaos was anything less than "NO FUCKING WAY!", they would have a force halberd to the face in record time.

That but a single Sister of Battle has fallen to Chaos.
And yet we have this - evidence of the darkest kind of heresy, if not outright Khorne worship, and it's canon.

Burning, Stabbing, Devouring, Changing, Resurrecting and creating in Sanctuary
We have such sights to show you...

SignatureBurias_zpsafd03a97.jpg

#78 Fallen Angels95

Fallen Angels95

Grand Provost Marshal

• Elite Member
  • Others:
  • 3,585 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 07:31 AM

I still disregard the story. Matt Ward wrote it.

To stand upon the bedrock of law is our great duty. To presume to stand above it is our worst heresy.

#79 Armoured Priest

Armoured Priest

Man in the long black coat

• Administrators
  • Others: GWRS Governing Council
  • 10,192 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 07:34 AM

He wrote your story, he wrote your codex, he wrote what the grey knights are and how other factions will be.

The story is more relevant then you could possibly think. Just stick with Emperor's children, they are easier to defend and don't have their own fluff broken by themselves nearly as often.

Burning, Stabbing, Devouring, Changing, Resurrecting and creating in Sanctuary
We have such sights to show you...

SignatureBurias_zpsafd03a97.jpg

#80 Fallen Angels95

Fallen Angels95

Grand Provost Marshal

• Elite Member
  • Others:
  • 3,585 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 07:46 AM

He wrote the most recent shit. If we disregard it then nooootthing happened

Change Theme!