80 replies to this topic

#1 Authrix

Authrix

Chief Organ Thief

• Acolyte
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter
  • 3,926 posts

Posted 30 November 2013 - 11:23 AM

Well to be fair only the Chapter Masters know of the GK's existence. The Space Wolves too but they're forbidden to speak of them.

You can't get much purer than a Grey Knight or an Exorcist now can you? Not one has fallen to Chaos ever. Kaldor Draigo has been in the warp for ages and is still pure as seen when he randomly appeared to fight M'kar the Reborn I think it was.

It isn't just Chapter Masters. Quite a few higher ups in 1st founding chapters know about them, such as the Salamanders and Blood Angels.

Explain how, if Grey Knights are so incorruptible, how Purifiers are even more incorruptible? If that isn't a literal case of 100+1 writing then I don't know what is. M'kar is Brother Captain Stern's schtick. Draigo just pops out from time to time - if you believe that part of the codex...

You need your head examined - CruciasNZ

Authrix stop making me spill things on my laptop with what you post - Pony

I cannot oblige Pony.

#2 Fallen Angels95

Fallen Angels95

Grand Provost Marshal

• Elite Member
  • Others:
  • 3,585 posts
  • Xbox Live:fallen angels95

Posted 30 November 2013 - 11:41 AM

Each Grey Knight is an accomplished, powerful psyker whose psychic presence is anathema to creatures of the Warp. They are trained to channel their psychic energies into a halo of protective wards known as The Aegis. Thusly armoured, a Grey Knight's presence becomes unpalatable to Daemons, making him immune to corruption, able to wield forbidden black magic, harness tainted artefacts and scour blasphemous tomes all without risk of being overwhelmed by the cursed power of Chaos.

To be just, our law must be cruel.

To stand upon the bedrock of law is our great duty. To presume to stand above it is our worst heresy.

We determine the guilty. We decide the punishment.

#3 JC 042

JC 042

Sons of The Fallen clan leader

• GWRS Governing Council
  • 9,552 posts

Posted 30 November 2013 - 11:59 AM

Wolves only if they are Wolfen.

Posted Image

JC: 99% Anime, 1% hot gas

#4 Fallen Angels95

Fallen Angels95

Grand Provost Marshal

• Elite Member
  • Others:
  • 3,585 posts

Posted 30 November 2013 - 12:06 PM

In my opinion the two could cause a huge war. But in theory the Inquisition could brand the wolves as traitors and then they'd be fucked.

To stand upon the bedrock of law is our great duty. To presume to stand above it is our worst heresy.

#5 JC 042

JC 042

• GWRS Governing Council
  • 9,552 posts

Posted 30 November 2013 - 12:08 PM

Wolves would do more damage than Grey Knights.

Titan would be completely fucked in minutes.

Posted Image

#6 Fallen Angels95

Fallen Angels95

Grand Provost Marshal

• Elite Member
  • Others:
  • 3,585 posts

Posted 30 November 2013 - 12:15 PM

A) They don't know where Titan is
B) Titan is just as heavily defended as Terra.

The GK are overall more skilled than the Wolves but the two would wear each other down.
Oh and the Inquisition wouldn't be so lenient next time..they'd appear over Fenris without warning and Virus Bomb the place on order of exterminatus

#7 JC 042

JC 042

• GWRS Governing Council
  • 9,552 posts

Posted 30 November 2013 - 12:19 PM

I thought you were talking about one or the other starting a war with the Imperium for some reason :huh:

Posted Image

#8 Fallen Angels95

Fallen Angels95

Grand Provost Marshal

• Elite Member
  • Others:
  • 3,585 posts

Posted 30 November 2013 - 12:24 PM

No I think this is on about them facing each other....my point on Titans defense still stands however.
besides...the GK...starting a war on the Imperium? That'd never happen unless the Imperium fell to chaos.

#9 JC 042

JC 042

• GWRS Governing Council
  • 9,552 posts

Posted 30 November 2013 - 12:44 PM

Grey Knights are corruptable, we learned that from the GK omnibus when what's his face was possessed.

Posted Image

#10 dx144

dx144

Amon Amarth, Sabaton, Red Army Choir and Ensiferum Fan

• Elite Member
  • Others: ,
  • 5,680 posts

Posted 30 November 2013 - 12:49 PM

Even though I'm not a Wolves fan I muchly prefer them to Grey Knights. Grey Knights are the guys who would kill everyone just because they were seen by an Imperial Guard regiment as it would reduce the size of their dick if they didn't or because they would become less of a legend/myth...

Grey Knights how they can become incorruptible is kind of strange as well. I think the only way Psykers were ever made to be truly was being soul binded to the Emperor. I highly doubt that every Grey Knight is blind has been soul binded.

Grey Knights couldn't outright declare any Chapter of the 1st founding (Space Wolves, Blood Angels, Dark Angels ect.) Heretics as the backlash within the Imperium would be ridiculous main problem would be if they said that the Space Wolves are now a Heretical Chapter every or almost every group that is founded from the Space Wolves Legion could feel compelled to assist their brothers as well. Also Bjorn kind of will fuck up any of those Grey Knight bastards in knowledge or in a fight also he is one of the only Space Marines who has seen a Primarch...

1st founding Legions/Chapters will still have traitors but the Inquisition are just dicks. I don't think anyone would side with the Inquisition on the choice they made to kill and destroy worlds that saw them during the Armageddon War...

The Imperial Guard gained much valued experience from fighting such a foe and earned the respect of the Wolves during the defence but the Inquisition is just no one much know we were there... Nuke 'em!

In total fuck the Inquisition and their Grey Knight friends.

I would say the Wolves might have trouble taking Titan. They only really managed to take Prospero when they were a Legion because Magnus let them... If Magnus let the Sons know what was happening the most powerful defences in the (Pre-Heresy) Imperium would have been alerted and not a thing would have broken through without taking heavy losses.

That though is different as the Grey Knights' Psyker powers fail in comparison with Thousand Sons so I think if it was the Wolves as a Legion they would roll over the Grey Knights.

After typing that I need something to eat.

"You fiend, have I never encountered such corrupt and foul-minded perversity! Have you ever considered a career in the Church?" - The Baby-Eating Bishop of Bath and Wells

#11 Fallen Angels95

Fallen Angels95

Grand Provost Marshal

• Elite Member
  • Others:
  • 3,585 posts

Posted 30 November 2013 - 01:10 PM

Well the knight that was possesed didn't fall to chaos and turn demonic and blah blah blah become traitor etc. I never said the GK agreed with the liquidisation of the IG regiments. The Inquisition are just bitchy over the Imperiums greatest weapons being kept secret. Because that is what makes them so deadly. The arch-traitor forces of chaos know next to nothing on the GK.

In relation of Psyker powers to the Thousand Sons. The legion wasn't entirely psychic. The Grey Knights are. Of course hardly anyone bar Kaldor Draigo and the strongest in the Chapter could rival Magnus the Red.

They're still extremely strong though or do you forget it was just a simple justicar who shattered Angron's legendary black blade?

If it was the Wolves as a legion, they'd probably win through sheer scale of number of 100-1. However, with the reputation and skill and powers of the GK, they'd be giving the wolves a run for their money. Especially as when facing the entire of Angron's armies on Armageddon (which numbered millions) they only lost the one company to the man in comparison to the devastating losses of the Imperial Guard, PDF, Inquisition troops and Space Marine Chapters etc.

You can understand why the Inquisition want to keep the Grey Knights a secret. Secrecy is a powerful thing.

As for the whole Bjorn would fuck them over in knowledge etc...the Grey Knights have seen primarchs. Draigo carved his predecessors name into Mortarions heart, Angron has been banished numerous times by the GK. As well as this, the 8 founding space marines had all seen their respective primarchs. Nobody knows what happened to them so it is a possibility they're still alive somewhere perhaps.

Knowledge...c'mon...the Grey Knights have access to every single Imperial record ever. Stretching right back before the heresy. The GK have access to even forbidden knowledge.. They also have a book containing every demons name.. Now if that isn't an upperhand I don't know what is.

The GK can't declare outright war on anyone. The Inquisition fat cats do.
The Grey Knights would be so much better if the current day Inquisition didn't have them held tight on a leash.

Just as the Space Wolves are the Emperor's lapdogs, so too are the Grey Knights the Inquisitions.

Not all would side with the Inquisition correct but the many would. Many chapters are extremely zealous. The Black Templars, The Ultramarines, The Dark Angels etc.

The Inquisition could cause extreme damage to the Space Marines too. They do have their methods after all.

Personally I dislike a majority of the current Inquisition but I think that right in its roots it was a good thing.

#12 dx144

dx144

• Elite Member
  • 5,680 posts

Posted 30 November 2013 - 03:59 PM

Well how does a fucking recruit/newbie to the Grey Knights smash Angron's Daemon Blade. I mean its Daemonic but Grey Knights are just one of those fucked up Chapters.

Draigo I consider to be lore breaking. If someone could hold down a Daemon Primarch with one hand and then rip out his heart write his name on it and walk away.
1. Daemon Primarch Prince of Nurgle would choke the life out of anything alive. EG When Garro first meets a Plague Marine he is restraining himself from throwing and dying from it. Now I think Mortarion would have a much stronger presence than that so Draigo being able be next to him and not dying is retarded.
2. No Astarte could stand up to a Primarch and win and since Mortarion is blessed by Nurgle he must have rolled one after one after one to get fucked over so much by a single Astarte who also managed to beat the Deathshroud as well...
3. If you ripped out or even smelt the inside of a Nurgle thing you would probably die....

I doubt the Inquisition know the name of every Daemon as some haven't even left the Warp...

The Grey Knights didn't agree with the "Destruction" of the Imperial Guard Regiments but they went along with and basically did it... That is cool.

Kaldor Draigo couldn't match up to Magnus. Magnus has just increased his knowledge since going into the Warp and before he could rival the Emperor in Psychic powers and the Thousand Sons when defending Prospero had a single Astarte take control of a Titan and held the line before the Astartes was killed.

You make it sound like each Grey Knight has the strength of a Custode...

Grey Knights read records while Bjorn has actually seen the Emperor, fought alongside Russ and fought in the Horus Heresy. He knows better than a record as he has been there.

Grey Knights to sum it up are stupid. Being able to be basically have the strength of Custodes, psychic powers that each rival Magnus and then they are able to beat any foe they go against...

The Wolves are probably lapdogs who would do almost anything which the Emperor asked/ordered.

That is why Kharn even said the reason why they changed from War Hounds to World Eaters is because the Emperor already had his lapdogs and the World Eaters aren't dogs as they don't follow orders.

But that is like any of the Chapters/Legions if they received orders from the Emperor would do anything the message said. If the Emperor returned he would remove the Inquisition as they basically expanded and caused the Imperium to become so religious. I mean Lorgar originally started that but the Emperor halted that while the Inquisition spread it like wildfire across the Imperium so that now I think the Emperor if he did comeback would kill himself from the amount the Inquisition and High Lords of Terra fucked the Imperium up.

Yeah I think I need to be a writer for Games Workshop and I can write a load of bullshit and no will care... I might also fuck up the lore on par with or even worse than Matt Ward and no fucks will be given right?

"You fiend, have I never encountered such corrupt and foul-minded perversity! Have you ever considered a career in the Church?" - The Baby-Eating Bishop of Bath and Wells

#13 fklm

fklm

War Leader of the Battle Company

• Members
  • Others:
  • 62 posts

Posted 30 November 2013 - 04:04 PM

Not all would side with the Inquisition correct but the many would. Many chapters are extremely zealous. The Black Templars, The Ultramarines, The Dark Angels etc.

Dark Angels would not side with Inquisition as they are all secretive and "Fallen". Black Templars would not side with Inquisition as they witnessed the treatment of the Celestial Lions on Armageddon. This chapter was all but wiped out by the Inquisition but as it was a fellow Imperial Fist founding the Black Templars are helping rebuild it.
Squire, bring me my lag sword.

#14 Draco Ny'ade

Draco Ny'ade

Forgefather

• Interrogator
  • 2,208 posts

Posted 30 November 2013 - 05:05 PM

The Space Wolves would win because the Grey Knights codex was written by the evil that is Matt Ward, whereas the SW codex was written by Phil Kelly, who is plain awesome.

FULL Stop, end, no more, etc
Posted Image

#15 Prosperan Son

Prosperan Son

Grand Apostle Narak of the Word Bearers

• Elite Member
  • 1,749 posts

Posted 30 November 2013 - 05:16 PM

Indeed. No dark angel or successor chapter of the DA would sise with the inquisition out of fear the Inquisition would find about the Dark Angels true history.
“A king must live a life more vivid than any other and be a figure for all to admire! The king is the one who collects the envy of all his heroes and stands as their guide! Therefore, the king is not alone. For his will equals that of all his followers combined!”

#16 Fallen Angels95

Fallen Angels95

Grand Provost Marshal

• Elite Member
  • Others:
  • 3,585 posts

Posted 30 November 2013 - 08:19 PM

The Inquisition didn't form the Imperial Cult...the Ecclesiarchy did.
They tolerate it because it keeps the faith and reduces the chance or heritical acts.

The Dark Angels may side because if they do not...then what would the Inquisition do if they didn't? I think it'd be worse than if they did side them.

I personally despise most of the Inquisition but this isn't an entire Imperium VS the Inquisition talk. This is a Space Wolf VS a Grey Knight talk.

DX, he was a Justicar (Sergeant equivalent) which means he had a fair amount of service time.

As for how Kaldor Draigo fought through the Deathshroud...it wasn't over quickly. Though formidable the Deathshroud are slow and bloated etc. They were a difficult fight but overall Draigo had the upperhand on so many levels. He didn't tear out Mortarions heart, if he had Mortarion would of perished. He pinned him down and carved the name in.

Now anger can fuel our strength greatly boosting our adrenaline. Give that to an astartes and it will increase even further. Give it to an incorruptible astartes who is a living embodiment of the Emperor's will and well....You get a primarch being downed..

Grey Knights are not stupid. C'mon now, hardly any astartes is stupid. That is a rather foolhardy statement.

Custodes aren't hugely strong anyways. Remember how they were killed by an unarmed, unarmoured World Eater and his fellow astartes as they escaped Terra?

Though stronger than a normal astartes, Grey Knights are no normal astartes.

I am not basing this off the Codex anyway. Matt Ward is a great storyteller but should stick to just that.

If Malcador the Sigilette saw the current day Inquisition of the Imperium he would wipe it out. It is a shadow of his creation.

The High Lords of Terra are all corrupt.

Now in regards to Grey Knights being able to take down any foe they come across...that isn't true because though extremely powerful, they still can bleed...and if it can bleed...it can die.

#17 Prosperan Son

Prosperan Son

Grand Apostle Narak of the Word Bearers

• Elite Member
  • 1,749 posts

Posted 30 November 2013 - 08:50 PM

I'm sorry fallen but I just can't accept any of the Grey Knight lore. I think it is in fact stupid as to how powerful they are. And I think their current lore created by Ward is even worse due to the heavy favoritism. I'm with DX when he says that Kaldor Draigo shouldn't have been able to beat Mortarion. No lone Astartes should be able to do such a thing as beat a primarch. Let alone a Daemon Primarch, even if they have powers granted by the Emperor. We've read stories in recent times where Primarch's have a hard enough time beating each other.

A living Astartes the embodiment of will defeating a Daemon Primarch, a literail son of the Emperoe, granted even more power by the Gods? By himself? The mere idea is ludicrous, and the dact that it was passed off as trye fluff only furthers my anger towards it.

If I remember correctly as well the incident involving Angron wasn't resolved by just one GK Justicar, but an entire brotherhood, a large majority of which were slain in the process.

I don't think the Grey Knights are stupid, but the current lore surrounding them is lore breaking, over powered, and biased.
“A king must live a life more vivid than any other and be a figure for all to admire! The king is the one who collects the envy of all his heroes and stands as their guide! Therefore, the king is not alone. For his will equals that of all his followers combined!”

#18 JC 042

JC 042

• GWRS Governing Council
  • 9,552 posts

Posted 30 November 2013 - 09:11 PM

Anything that is done by Matt Ward I don't bother with.

Which is why I've stopped caring about ALL updates to 40K fiction.

Posted Image

#19 Fallen Angels95

Fallen Angels95

Grand Provost Marshal

• Elite Member
  • Others:
  • 3,585 posts

Posted 30 November 2013 - 09:29 PM

I didn't say the problem with Angron was resolved with one astartes... The Justicar broke the black blade..took the brotherhood to banish him.

Primarchs may be strong but they can be beaten. Of course they will struggle fighting one another as they're each others equals however just like in another fictional story, David beat Goliath. This is what happened here.

The Space Wolves fucked off Magnus remember when Fenris was invaded.

#20 dx144

dx144

• Elite Member
  • 5,680 posts

Posted 30 November 2013 - 09:56 PM

Lore breaking = stupid.

Its what happens when Fanboys write lore. I know if I wrote some lore it would be biased towards the Emperors Children as I prefer them to almost or possibly everyone else which is why anything I write will be considered bullshit, fanfaggotry or fan-fiction. Like what Matt Ward should be but for some reason Games Workshop think that it will be cool...

Still if Matt Ward decided to write something that made the Eldar have superpowers I would laugh about it, touch myself and then contemplate suicide.

Change Theme!