43 replies to this topic

#1 Fuzzy

Fuzzy

Death Guard Warmaster

• Elite Member
  • Others: ,
  • 2,367 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 08:10 AM

Yeah as the title says, are the chapters and warbands on this site really what they set out to be anymore? By this I of course mean, why call yourself a space marine chapter/warband if you play every game but? Half of the groups on here just don't play Space Marine anymore and if they're going to be like that then stay together sure but don't call yourselves a SPACE MARINE CLAN IF YOU DON'T PLAY THE DAMN GAME. The majority are now just a group of friends that once upon a time played Space Marine but now probably don't even remember the controls so why for the last time call yourselves a clan for a game you aren't even active on?

I don't think Farther's For Justice will allow you in the protest where you will be running around on a really high roof while pissed off your face

#2 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

Squeak Squeak Mother F***ers

• Administrators
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter, GWRS Governing Council
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 08:54 AM

Yeah as the title says, are the chapters and warbands on this site really what they set out to be anymore? By this I of course mean, why call yourself a space marine chapter/warband if you play every game but? Half of the groups on here just don't play Space Marine anymore and if they're going to be like that then stay together sure but don't call yourselves a SPACE MARINE CLAN IF YOU DON'T PLAY THE DAMN GAME. The majority are now just a group of friends that once upon a time played Space Marine but now probably don't even remember the controls so why for the last time call yourselves a clan for a game you aren't even active on?

SM is a dead game, most of the groups that formed for it (and are still around) play other games. If you play lots of games but don't really settle on any particular one, why not glorify your heritage?

Do Not XBL-Message or PM Me Website or Community Issues/Requests.
Use The Support Centre Instead!

cruSig2.jpg

#3 Authrix

Authrix

Chief Organ Thief

• Acolyte
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter
  • 3,926 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 09:08 AM

What Cru said. I'm not about to walk away from my friends in any of the groups I'm in simply because I don't play one game.

You need your head examined - CruciasNZ

Authrix stop making me spill things on my laptop with what you post - Pony

I cannot oblige Pony.

#4 Fallen Angels95

Fallen Angels95

Grand Provost Marshal

• Elite Member
  • Others:
  • 3,585 posts
  • Xbox Live:fallen angels95

Posted 19 November 2013 - 09:17 AM

I play SM still.

To be just, our law must be cruel.

To stand upon the bedrock of law is our great duty. To presume to stand above it is our worst heresy.

We determine the guilty. We decide the punishment.

#5 LeadCrazySam

LeadCrazySam

Hero of #GothicWars

• Premium Member
  • 1,878 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 09:21 AM

Legion of the damned baby. We are united by space marine, I don't play any other games. We can proudly say we all still play.

Posted Image

#6 GREEN M00SE

GREEN M00SE

Guardsmen

• Members
  • Others:
  • PipPip
  • 555 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 09:32 AM

Yip the Damned still play space marine rand regularly. Granted it's a lot harder to find a game, but it's still going. And I do still see members from other chapters playing (although it's mainly the DA, Wolves and Salamanders)
Posted Image

In Dedicato Imperatum Ultra Articulo Mortis

#7 LeadCrazySam

LeadCrazySam

Hero of #GothicWars

• Premium Member
  • 1,878 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 10:24 AM

Yeah, to be fair, nothing from the blood eagles. :/

I'd say we're the most active.

Posted Image

#8 Lord Ariok

Lord Ariok

Chaos Lord

• GWRS Governing Council
  • 2,772 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 11:28 AM

Night Lords are still active on it so yeah we are still a spess mehene warband
Posted Image

#9 fklm

fklm

War Leader of the Battle Company

• Members
  • Others:
  • 62 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 02:12 PM

Our members have always been active on Space Marine whether they were Disciples of Caliban or Knights of Blood.
Squire, bring me my lag sword.

#10 Emperors Saint

Emperors Saint

Romulous's lap dog

• Members
  • Pip
  • 237 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 03:13 PM

I agree with fuzzy
The Emperor is all seeing and when he is unpleased with what is happening in his galaxy, he sends his saint.

#11 Fuzzy

Fuzzy

Death Guard Warmaster

• Elite Member
  • 2,367 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 03:41 PM

I'm not saying to walk away from friends or leave the group you're in. I'm just saying that if you are going to call yourselves a Space Marine group you should at least play the game. It's like me starting a group and saying we're a Forza clan even though I haven't played it in ages. If you're a Space Marine clan then play Space Marine. If you don't play a game you aren't a group for that game.

I don't think Farther's For Justice will allow you in the protest where you will be running around on a really high roof while pissed off your face

#12 Doomdrinker1

Doomdrinker1

Brother Icarus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,571 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 03:58 PM

Well the example you gave is wrong fuzzy none of us started and chapter/warband and when we hadn't played in ages we all joined clans and played a bunch back when we did play the game but all games die and well if the clan outlives the game then why shouldn't the clan still exist via a name they have made for themselves?
Posted Image

#13 Authrix

Authrix

Chief Organ Thief

• Acolyte
  • 3,926 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 03:58 PM

Does it really matter though? The difference being these groups were made on Space Marine, so actually do have a claim to the title of a Space Marine Chapter.
However, Space Marine is now, as Crucias said, a dead game. Like, I'd understand the problem if there were a load of guys wanting to play as the Imperial Fists or the Salamanders. The fact that a lot of these groups also play other games together justifies it, as well as the fact that GothicWars is (technically) a 40K board...
Not having a go or anything, just sayin'.

You need your head examined - CruciasNZ

Authrix stop making me spill things on my laptop with what you post - Pony

I cannot oblige Pony.

#14 JC 042

JC 042

Sons of The Fallen clan leader

• GWRS Governing Council
  • 9,552 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 04:41 PM

I (kinda) agree with what Fuzzy is saying. (*GASP!* :0 )

SOTF have played loads of games BUT Space Marine this past year and simply as a group a friends.

But I think the only thing we change in some respects is this:

Spoiler

And that we don't categories factions under games anymore. Simply as factions (maybe under loyalist and traitor still though and a new Other category) or something else up other than a game's title.

Posted Image

JC: 99% Anime, 1% hot gas

#15 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

Squeak Squeak Mother F***ers

• Administrators
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter, GWRS Governing Council
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 05:22 PM

I (kinda) agree with what Fuzzy is saying. (*GASP!* :0 )

SOTF have played loads of games BUT Space Marine this past year and simply as a group a friends.

But I think the only thing we change in some respects is this:

Spoiler

And that we don't categories factions under games anymore. Simply as factions (maybe under loyalist and traitor still though and a new Other category) or something else up other than a game's title.

Coming in 2.0 already. Most clans don't hamstring themselves by playing only one game, and we gave up long ago moving factions to their new main game because it changes so often; simply having a universal clan area will be simpler, and we can always work out a way to make an index of clans by game.

Do Not XBL-Message or PM Me Website or Community Issues/Requests.
Use The Support Centre Instead!

cruSig2.jpg

#16 Fuzzy

Fuzzy

Death Guard Warmaster

• Elite Member
  • 2,367 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 06:12 PM

Does it really matter though? The difference being these groups were made on Space Marine, so actually do have a claim to the title of a Space Marine Chapter.
However, Space Marine is now, as Crucias said, a dead game. Like, I'd understand the problem if there were a load of guys wanting to play as the Imperial Fists or the Salamanders. The fact that a lot of these groups also play other games together justifies it, as well as the fact that GothicWars is (technically) a 40K board...
Not having a go or anything, just sayin'.

I refer you to the incident that happened a little bit ago with the Angels Sanguine wanting to take the Blood Angels name. They never played the game yet believed they had some claim to it still. See my point?

#17 Doomdrinker1

Doomdrinker1

Brother Icarus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,571 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 06:14 PM

That was stupid circumstances and should not be used as an example Fuzzy.
Posted Image

#18 JC 042

JC 042

Sons of The Fallen clan leader

• GWRS Governing Council
  • 9,552 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 06:15 PM

Well we're looking to improve the system to make sure that doesn't happen anymore. 
Ninja DoomDrinker...

Also that was kind of uncalled for.

Posted Image

JC: 99% Anime, 1% hot gas

#19 Doomdrinker1

Doomdrinker1

Brother Icarus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,571 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 06:17 PM

I have strong feeling's over what happened at that time.
Posted Image

#20 Fuzzy

Fuzzy

Death Guard Warmaster

• Elite Member
  • 2,367 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 06:26 PM

Doom: It is a prime example. The BA were not and still are not active at all on the game or forums and hardly even their enjin yet still claim to be a Space Marine group.

Edit: I am not and never will be here to worry about people's feelings over a video game.

Change Theme!