54 replies to this topic

#21 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

Squeak Squeak Mother F***ers

• Administrators
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter, GWRS Governing Council
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 01:59 AM

The Renegade option (Destroy) results in a special cutscene of Shepard lying in Concrete block rubble, then he breaths. Perhaps this is hinting at the indoctrination theory.

However, the ending still sucked. My biggest issue remains how empty the London part feels. You see movies of massive battles, but never take part in one

Do Not XBL-Message or PM Me Website or Community Issues/Requests.
Use The Support Centre Instead!

cruSig2.jpg

#22 RDSFirebane

RDSFirebane

Guardsmen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 313 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 03:26 AM

http://www.gamepur.c...s-effect-3.html

ya and Microsoft gives you 20 dollars off when you add the game to cart.

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTfjgLlMzdxNZZPvrul2rS6qcWN-47VkKR1rdWV4WW-jzWitzxC&t=1

#23 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

• Administrators
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 03:43 AM

I got it from a brick and mortar store, and while the ending sequence (everything after you kill the Hades Cannon) is shit, the rest of the game was just amazing

cruSig2.jpg

#24 RDSFirebane

RDSFirebane

Guardsmen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 313 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 03:55 AM

o I agree the rest of the game is fine but the fact this is going on says something.

keep in mind the amazon thing is still being looked into atm.

Edit: and best buy to the list as well I'm getting news both are giving refunds.

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTfjgLlMzdxNZZPvrul2rS6qcWN-47VkKR1rdWV4WW-jzWitzxC&t=1

#25 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

• Administrators
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 04:03 AM

o I agree the rest of the game is fine but the fact this is going on says something.

keep in mind the amazon thing is still being looked into atm.

I suspect it was a glitch of somekind. Amazon don't refund for poor products, only faulty

cruSig2.jpg

#26 RDSFirebane

RDSFirebane

Guardsmen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 313 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 01:38 AM

Well was confirmed both Amazon and Origin are giving refunds if you bought the game and are dissatisfied with the product.

#27 Domine Nox

Domine Nox

Regent of Ultramar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,950 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 01:42 AM

So people complain that they want a new ending... but then return the game? So if Bioware does make a new ending, the people that wanted it don't have the game anymore.

Posted Image

Nolo mihi libet sis multo felis.

#28 NightWolf889

NightWolf889

Crimson Fist Initiate

• Members
  • Pip
  • 298 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 04:19 AM

Am I the only one finding it odd that these people are damning the entire game because of the ending? Heck I filled in everything that was missing with my own thoughts and ideas. It may not have been shown, but until Bioware says otherwise the version I created for myself will remain, to me, the ending.
“Victory does not always rest with the big guns:
but, if we rest in front of them we shall be lost.”
-Commander Argentius, Silver Skulls

#29 Yapay38

Yapay38

Ⓝⓘⓖⓗⓣ Ⓛⓞⓡⓓⓢ

• Premium Member
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 04:28 AM

Wait. Didn't Bioware tell people to "save" the profile that they ended with?

#30 Domine Nox

Domine Nox

Regent of Ultramar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,950 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 04:32 AM

People are too distraught it seems to care what else Bioware might do. And if they do care then all this refund nonsense is doing is allowing the people that don't give a shit to pick up the game, play it, and then return it for full price.

Posted Image

#31 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

• Administrators
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 04:39 AM

Am I the only one finding it odd that these people are damning the entire game because of the ending? Heck I filled in everything that was missing with my own thoughts and ideas. It may not have been shown, but until Bioware says otherwise the version I created for myself will remain, to me, the ending.

I am on my 3rd playthrough now (Normal and Insanity done) and love the game to bits. However everything after landing in London should be declared excommunicatus traitorus

cruSig2.jpg

#32 Yapay38

Yapay38

Ⓝⓘⓖⓗⓣ Ⓛⓞⓡⓓⓢ

• Premium Member
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 04:43 AM

People are too distraught it seems to care what else Bioware might do. And if they do care then all this refund nonsense is doing is allowing the people that don't give a shit to pick up the game, play it, and then return it for full price.

Well true but they said this before it was launched right? I believe I remember you telling me that.

#33 NightWolf889

NightWolf889

Crimson Fist Initiate

• Members
  • Pip
  • 298 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 04:45 AM

I am on my 3rd playthrough now (Normal and Insanity done) and love the game to bits. However everything after landing in London should be declared excommunicatus traitorus

Agreed...Really wanted to be in the thick of it, fighting the Reapers WITH the other soldiers, not just weaving my way through back alleys. Maybe a few other choices like...Save this Turian squad who have heavy weapons to take out a Reaper strongpoint, or save a human platoon and attempt to storm the point instead.

However I did like that little fight at the very end, holding off waves of Reaper forces while dodging the giant laser of doom.

#34 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

• Administrators
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 05:34 AM

However I did like that little fight at the very end, holding off waves of Reaper forces while dodging the giant laser of doom.

I used that laser to kill the Banshees on Insanity mode lol.

Yeah they hyped it with the Take Back Earth trailer and then just gave us the same old shit.

cruSig2.jpg

#35 Apulo

Apulo

Lead Programmer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,465 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 04:18 PM

This was posted today:

http://blog.bioware....012/03/21/4108/

#36 NightWolf889

NightWolf889

Crimson Fist Initiate

• Members
  • Pip
  • 298 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 05:00 PM

This was posted today:

Well that's certainly nice to hear.

#37 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

• Administrators
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 06:20 PM

This was posted today:

Translation: We fucked up but the critics love it so meh!

I reckon they'll do something but they won't redo the entire London and Final Citadel sections so my hopes will not be high.

cruSig2.jpg

#38 Apulo

Apulo

Lead Programmer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,465 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 06:28 PM

Nope. They'll probably release some DLC to tie up some loose ends.

#39 Domine Nox

Domine Nox

Regent of Ultramar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,950 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 06:28 PM

Translation: We fucked up but the critics love it so meh!

I reckon they'll do something but they won't redo the entire London and Final Citadel sections so my hopes will not be high.

How is that the translation? I think you read a different article than I did Crucias. The translation I got was... well it didn't need a translation.

As co-founder and GM of BioWare, I’m very proud of the ME3 team; I personally believe Mass Effect 3 is the best work we’ve yet created.

Seems to be them saying they liked what they did. That would not be a fuck up.

I also believe in and support the artistic choices made by the development team.

Again that's a "I like what the artistic team did." Which is also not a mistake.

As to them redoing stuff...

Building on their research, Exec Producer Casey Hudson and the team are hard at work on a number of game content initiatives that will help answer the questions, providing more clarity for those seeking further closure to their journey.

That pretty much answers that. They are not going to redo anything. They are standing by their ending. They intend to release more stuff to answer questions that people want answered. The whole "What happens to everything else?" part. The game itself is very much going to stand as it is.

Posted Image

#40 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

• Administrators
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 04:25 AM

That pretty much answers that. They are not going to redo anything. They are standing by their ending. They intend to release more stuff to answer questions that people want answered. The whole "What happens to everything else?" part. The game itself is very much going to stand as it is.

What a real shame, still won't stop me playing through it again and again but would have been nice to be able to enjoy everything after Cerberus base. After I hit London it turns from WOOT to MEH and I loose the drive

The game is spectacular, and with the exception of everything after London, is by far the best game Bioware have produced. Actually it's probably the best RPG ever made.

cruSig2.jpg

Change Theme!