Brother I am Pinned Here!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 550 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 09:01 PM

http://eve-kill.net/...kll_id=18611012

Pandemic loses 500b in Supers including 300b+ revenant:

http://eve-kill.net/...kll_id=18611012

First revenant loss ever as well. Pretty epic loss, totaling about $13500 in real dollars lost in about ~10 minutes. Also very epic soundcloud clip of their comms of aftermath (absolutely hilarious, also very strong language):

https://soundcloud.c...xx-full-version

So much rage.

Also video from killers (Black Legion) Point of View:

Check out the app called Verge I Created: http://goo.gl/OFW1yl. It's only for android now, but will be out for iPhone in the near future!

It essentially allows you to share your location with your friends, family, coworkers, etc through a group in the app. You can find everyone in your group's location by pressing a button (assuming they respond to the request), and plot it on a map. From there you are given a point that is equidistant from everyone. With this you can find a place to search for and meet up and send this location to everyone in your group telling them thats where you want to meet. There's no need to enter any addresses, and all you need to do is click a few buttons.

#2 Emporer469

Emporer469

Merc commander

• Interrogator
  • 3,560 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 09:27 PM

Just an average day in null sec but hell getting caught in goon space is not a good place to be either

Emporer469, I use to be a spacemarine just like you but then i took a taser to the Knee.
love being a mercenary in sanctum

#3 ajar1189

ajar1189

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 550 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 09:28 PM

Hmm I wouldn't call losing 500b in supers or losing the first revenant ever an average day. The revenant alone is only worth $8000. There goes $8000 down the toilet. No big deal right?

The funniest part is the soundcloud clip. There's so much rage and its just fucking hilarious.

Check out the app called Verge I Created: http://goo.gl/OFW1yl. It's only for android now, but will be out for iPhone in the near future!

It essentially allows you to share your location with your friends, family, coworkers, etc through a group in the app. You can find everyone in your group's location by pressing a button (assuming they respond to the request), and plot it on a map. From there you are given a point that is equidistant from everyone. With this you can find a place to search for and meet up and send this location to everyone in your group telling them thats where you want to meet. There's no need to enter any addresses, and all you need to do is click a few buttons.

#4 Emporer469

Emporer469

Merc commander

• Interrogator
  • 3,560 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 09:48 PM

Its not really a big deal at all since these are big Alliances that have access to high price moons and very rewarding asteroid fields and not to mention several other ways on how to get huge amounts of ISK so they'll be back with there ships in a while but the rage that was in that is funny

I mean even now they seem to have a corporate mole in the alliance and guys raging is just making it better since he's not getting answers to a destroyed fleet op

Emporer469, I use to be a spacemarine just like you but then i took a taser to the Knee.

#5 ajar1189

ajar1189

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 550 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 10:35 PM

Yes they are probably spacerich, but losing this much does hurt quite a bit. It's also about the production time of these ships and not just cost. The revenant is a novelty item and there are only a handful left in the game. Supers also take a couple of months to build each as well.

#6 duo2142

duo2142

Kasrkin

• Members
  • Others: ,
  • PipPipPip
  • 882 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 01:31 AM

Alright bro, Ajar you are wrong on this because revenant is not a pay to win $8000. a Revenat is a specialty ship that you have to build once you find the blue prints in an incursions also iv been playing eve since the Apocrypha update and Pandemic legion has been a big part of the universer in war and alliance turnies 500 billion isk is not that much to loose when you take into account number of members and the resoures that Pandemic controls hell i lost over a billion isk in faction pvp and i have never had to pay for isk i know how to work the markets and im already pulling closer to another billion. 
also revenant is not a novelty and they are pleant more than a few as well as this is not the first lost goon lost one a mouth ago
Posted Image

#7 ajar1189

ajar1189

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 550 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 02:23 AM

Congratulations on comparing 1b loss to 500b because those are exactly the same...:rolleyes:

Yes 500b may not be an exorbitant amount for them, but it is still a hefty loss. Supers take a lot of time and resources to build. This time can not be gained any other way as you cannot dock them and need a dedicated character to pilot them. It will take them a fair bit of time to rebuild these ships (months) and recupe the losses.

It is also a matter of pride. These big alliances and PL especially values their killboard efficiency and supercapital fleet dominance. Sure these losses don't hurt too much, but it was essentially losses that were thrown away for nothing. Imagine if 5% of your military just vanished. Sure you can recover the losses without much of a hiccup, but it hurts your pride and if you suffer multiple successive blows like this it can put a big dent in your military power.

Additionally, the $8000 is simply a valuation based on buying plex with Real Money and the current plex price. Additionally, you can cash out isk for Real Money through some illegal channels, so yes these items do have a Real Money cost. The pilot who lost the ship payed 300b for the revenant, and at current plex prices it is worth roughly $8000. Therefore he lost $8000 in a manner of speaking.

And yes the Revenant is essentially a novelty item. It is an inferior supercapital to all other supercapitals, and has no practical use in fleets. The only reason you would fly one around is to show how much of a boss you are at this game. It is therefore a status symbol with a very hefty pricetag. The reason the price tag is so high is mainly because of its rarity. It took months before the FIRST BPC even dropped from when CCP introduced it. If I had to guess I would say there are no more than 10 in existence (although I think there are less than that). This one was also the first one lost in actual combat. The only other previous loss was a CCP revenant loss in some fluff RP event. Pandemic Legion seems to think this in the clip I linked and I'm sure with some google searching you will find this to be true as well.

Also, video from Black Legion POV:

#8 duo2142

duo2142

Kasrkin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 882 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 03:25 AM

alright bro, but plex yes in really money but all that plex is a 30 day additional game time, which poeple do cash them in a trade for is but its you can not inject isk into the game like CCP make PLEX to shift isk around not inject more of it. also in comparison 1 man making isk 1 billion and lose 1 billion isk is on the same grounds as 309,030,412,238 ISK (the really amount lost). grounds with pandemic 2148 people as of 20 mins ago. the Revenant is a first level carrier its armor tanks better and has a bigger drone hold then Chimera, Archon, Nidhoggur, and Thanatos which are all of the same carrier level and the resourses that go into rebuilding it are not as hard as you believe they are, which are very quick to make and oh sure its 1-2 mounths for glueing and duck taping the pieces togeather but again its really not that big in you ever actually play eve because stuff like this happens and its about where you there when it happend and FYI the biggest lose in EvE is the cluster bomb of B.O.B. when you factor in inflation since 2008.
Posted Image

#9 ajar1189

ajar1189

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 550 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 04:04 AM

A revenant is a Supercarrier not a regular carrier. Try and dock with one and you'll see how it turns out. As a supercarrier it performs significantly worse than any of its other supercarrier counterparts. See http://wiki.eveuniversity.org/Revenant for more information.

Your comparison of 1 man losing and gaining 1 billion is nowhere near the same as 1 man losing 300b. It is not an alliance effort to buy a Revenant. A revenant is a glorified paperweight, and no alliance would chip in to buy one of its members one. It is a personal asset from 1 guy. So no, it wasn't the whole of PL losing a revenant, it was one guy. I would think he had significantly more isk to cover other losses, but I would think it would be a pretty big blow to the guy's wallet.

Yes the disbanding of BoB was a huge loss, but the worst of it was their broken morale after trying to recover the space that was stolen from them.

And yes, EVE is effectively pay to win if you are willing to pay enough. When this revenant was auctioned off I could have easily bought the $8000 worth of plex, sold them, and paid for the revenant if i so chose to. In Jita alone there is 1.5 trillion isk in plex traded DAILY. And yes you can convert isk into real dollars. In many MMOs (EVE included), you can go through some illegal channels to sell in-game currency for real world currency. This is not allowed, but it happens anyways, and this is where the real world valuation of the items comes from as well.

#10 Emporer469

Emporer469

Merc commander

• Interrogator
  • 3,560 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 04:32 AM

If Eve is pay to win the person who's buying Isk all day must be sitting in high sec all day since there is no such thing as pay to win in this game, because people can and will do stupid things with their Isk. And that selling in-game currency for real world currency is aloud in game so I don't where the hell you come up with that since Jita markets sell this hell any station on EvE universe does this.

And about the plex and Isk being sold Illegally...Is this WoW I mean come on Isk and plex are not that hard to come by and if there are people doing this then there retarded since all you have to do get either of these things is just play the markets...with what you said about the Illegal channels...I don't know if now there's a new kind of stupid in EvE cause it sounds like Scam central

#11 duo2142

duo2142

Kasrkin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 882 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 04:41 AM

The Revenant is classified as as Supercarrier because it is Sanshas only carrier and its size yet it drone hold, shield and armor tank should place it with regular carrier. Now when ot come to saying that the one flying the ship os the one who bears the cost is just wrong its not how Pandemic Legion and hell most of other corps do things. In Pandemic Legion its all about the group each helping out to make it fun and kill all who stand before us. hell most Corps on eve are like this and to get a ship of that class and keep in 0.0 sec is a corp and even allaince level of working. so when a corp or allaince member lossess a capital ship it is a Corp level lost that get sent up the chain to be paid for not placed on one guy. finaly when it comes to plex, plex is just a 30 day additional game which is the same price $19.99 which if you factor in the activation fee of $5 to your 14.99 a mounth. https://www.deepspac...imecodes-1.html
so yea wheres all this backroom, underground, chinese sweat shop mob of money money money when you can go here and buy more game time convert to plex then go to the markets and sell it for someone to pay me 500 million isk that they got oh from mining or mission running and hey faction warfare,
Posted Image

#12 ajar1189

ajar1189

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 550 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 06:21 AM

The Revenant is classified as as Supercarrier because it is Sanshas only carrier and its size yet it drone hold, shield and armor tank should place it with regular carrier.

Yes this is why it is useless. It is a supercarrier with carrier stats...

Now when ot come to saying that the one flying the ship os the one who bears the cost is just wrong its not how Pandemic Legion and hell most of other corps do things. In Pandemic Legion its all about the group each helping out to make it fun and kill all who stand before us. hell most Corps on eve are like this and to get a ship of that class and keep in 0.0 sec is a corp and even allaince level of working. so when a corp or allaince member lossess a capital ship it is a Corp level lost that get sent up the chain to be paid for not placed on one guy.

Yes this is true for any sort of actual ship that will help the corp/alliance at any level. This is not true for vanity items like the Revenant that are effectively overpriced because of rarity and useless because of other supers being significantly better than it.

finaly when it comes to plex, plex is just a 30 day additional game which is the same price $19.99 which if you factor in the activation fee of $5 to your 14.99 a mounth. https://www.deepspac...imecodes-1.html
so yea wheres all this backroom, underground, chinese sweat shop mob of money money money when you can go here and buy more game time convert to plex then go to the markets and sell it for someone to pay me 500 million isk that they got oh from mining or mission running and hey faction warfare,

Yes PLEX is a 30 day addition to the gametime. So what this means is that every account will need to plex once a month. With hundreds of thousands of accounts this means that many people will need them on a daily basis. This is where the figure i listed comes from. 1.5 trillion isk per day is traded in PLEX alone in Jita alone. An average of 3000 plex at current price of 530m per plex.

Therefore, assuming that you can achieve 100% market dominance on plex, you can be essentially printing 1.5 trillion isk per day assuming you have the cash to buy the said plex. Obviously this comes from other players, but the number above is proof of how much isk is actually moved in plex per day, and if you had enough money to spend on the game you could easily buy your way into anything. If you doubt the facts go check the Jita market yourself. And, I'm sure if you gave tens to hundreds of thousands of dollars to any alliance leader they would easily give you control. If you want to spend enough money you can do or get anything you want. I'm not saying that I or anyone else would or has done this, but it is a very real possibility. In fact, I haven't paid for my subscriptions for 2+ accounts for over a year now, nor do I intend to.

Finally, since you apparently haven't heard of RMT i'll leave you with this:

http://massively.joy...he-rmt-problem/

Do a bit of googling and i'm sure you can find out that you can turn isk into money. As I have mentioned, this happens in many MMOs, so it is no surprise that it would happen here. Some of these big alliance leaders have paid for cars/houses/etc with isk essentially.

I have presented facts and sources multiple times and apparently there is still an argument about something or other. I have no interest in continuing if you simply disregard the facts.

#13 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

Squeak Squeak Mother F***ers

• Administrators
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter, GWRS Governing Council
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 06:53 AM

I wish I could participate in things like these, they look so epic

Do Not XBL-Message or PM Me Website or Community Issues/Requests.
Use The Support Centre Instead!

cruSig2.jpg

#14 duo2142

duo2142

Kasrkin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 882 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 07:12 AM

your sources is 3 years old and that very problem which the link states has been cracked down on the very small segment of the people who play eve who do that are finding there space smaller and smaller. the Reveant is also the same price as a regular carrier so in fact you do just get a more meating regular carrier if you didnt already know that all carrier prices have double to around 400-900 billion isk in the last few mounths because of a few wars and an increase in faction warfare. now you say

Some of these big alliance leaders have paid for cars/houses/etc with isk essentially

why this may be true on other MMO its very rare to see it in EVE because that is not how the community of EVE is we have morals and such and a code of Ethics if you will. our people here on GW are the same way and respectful and responable for the money that has been given to them. now i know that after readding that part you will shoot back with all the big alliance rob jobs and ship steal but hey that just another part of eve. now this main argument was started by you us for complaining about a ship now to each its own on where they standas well on Plex. Plex you have stated as being

you can be essentially printing 1.5 trillion isk per day assuming you have the cash to buy the said plex. Obviously this comes from other players, but the number above is proof of how much isk is actually moved in plex per day, and if you had enough money to spend on the game you could easily buy your way into anything.

in which is not true because you yourself stated is traded to other players. so you are giving away your own payed game time to get isk in return is not a pay to win or buy your way into anything because its not an exclusive content that your are paying CCP to have but merly trading. Now i must say in fact that pandemic legion does not work in such dark and chinese farming way becasue i know people who are appart of it, gone on raid, hade losses paid off by them because they care about the member just oh most big alliances do. Now Good Sir I Bid You A goodday and safe skies. o7
Posted Image

#15 JC 042

JC 042

Sons of The Fallen clan leader

• GWRS Governing Council
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter
  • 9,552 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 12:39 PM

[spoiler=I just listened to the recording of that Grath guy...]Posted Image[/spoiler]

Posted Image

JC: 99% Anime, 1% hot gas

#16 Emporer469

Emporer469

Merc commander

• Interrogator
  • 3,560 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 02:58 PM

Well JC a fleet commander would be upset after getting setup probably or not being told information for jumping into an Enemy controlled system...it does suck but his rage is Justified

#17 JC 042

JC 042

• GWRS Governing Council
  • 9,552 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 03:57 PM

Well JC a fleet commander would be upset after getting setup probably or not being told information for jumping into an Enemy controlled system...it does suck but his rage is Justified

LoL, then why was he yelling as if he wasn't responsible? :P

Posted Image

#18 Emporer469

Emporer469

Merc commander

• Interrogator
  • 3,560 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 04:38 PM

Don't know really I mean he could have been a corp leader and is mad that the fleet jumped straight into an ambush and he lost probably an expensive ship as that could be the reason JC

#19 JC 042

JC 042

• GWRS Governing Council
  • 9,552 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 06:01 AM

I found this little article and figured y'all might need a read :D

http://games.yahoo.c...-190533986.html

I think the comment section is better, with the stupid arguments of real life vs. gaming :D

Posted Image

Change Theme!