#2 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

Squeak Squeak Mother F***ers

• Administrators
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter, GWRS Governing Council
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 08:28 PM

Hopefully it's not as shite as Fable 2 or 3 and goes back to it's epic roots

Do Not XBL-Message or PM Me Website or Community Issues/Requests.
Use The Support Centre Instead!

cruSig2.jpg

#3 MetalHead666X

MetalHead666X

Sorcerer Supreme of the Thousand Sons

• GWRS Governing Council
  • 2,438 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 08:55 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Two Giratina are better than one.

Posted Image

Thanks to Astral Shadow of Serebii for the Signiture

#4 An_A10_Pilot

An_A10_Pilot

Shenanigans Master!

• Premium Member
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter
  • 1,006 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 12:00 AM

I have never picked up the fable series. Looks interesting though.
Posted Image

"Sweet Tap-Dancing Night Lords, Batman!"

#5 Talos Valcoran

Talos Valcoran

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • 1,202 posts
  • Xbox Live:Archmage Talos
  • PSN:Morgoth1100
  • Social Groups:Raven Guard

Posted 05 June 2013 - 03:02 AM

Jack of Blades FTW!

Best Fable character ever.

If you win, you live. If you lose, you die. If you don't fight, you can't win! - Eren Yaeger (Attack on Titan)

#6 Eon SilverWulf

Eon SilverWulf

Just another day in paradise.

• Members
  • Others:
  • PipPip
  • 322 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 02:03 PM

Its to bad he was easy to defeat at the end though but none the less i'm super excited about this ^.^

-Goranok

Former member of the Dark Angels 5th company

Former member of the Raven Guard

#7 Kite Arca

Kite Arca

Vizen The Scion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,777 posts
  • Xbox Live:Kite Arca
  • PSN:Kite Arca
  • Steam:Fives

Posted 05 June 2013 - 02:10 PM

Jack is BAAAACK!
Posted Image
I hear you calling calling for me Queen of battle Infantry

#8 JC 042

JC 042

Sons of The Fallen clan leader

• GWRS Governing Council
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter
  • 9,552 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 02:15 PM

I adored Fable 1, easily my favourite Xbox game I've played.

Lionhead Studios became my first favourite developer when I was a kid, particularly for games like Black and White which I spent YEARS playing =)

Posted Image

JC: 99% Anime, 1% hot gas

#9 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

Squeak Squeak Mother F***ers

• Administrators
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter, GWRS Governing Council
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 09:37 PM

I never got to play the Lost Tales expansion, so I'll be getting this game when I can

Do Not XBL-Message or PM Me Website or Community Issues/Requests.
Use The Support Centre Instead!

cruSig2.jpg

#10 Brother Agatone

Brother Agatone

The Relentless

• Premium Member
  • Others:
  • 1,320 posts
  • Xbox Live:The Warmaster82

Posted 06 June 2013 - 03:41 PM

Can someone explain to me what the hell fable is?
Purge the heresy with the Emperor's fire of retribution. Destroy the mutant against the anvil of his wrath. Exterminate the xenos with the courage of humanity.

#11 MetalHead666X

MetalHead666X

• GWRS Governing Council
  • 2,438 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 04:52 PM

@Talos; Amen.

@Eon: He was Hard compared to the other bosses in the other games. Especially in TLC where he becomes a Dragon and you have to shoot him because he is overpowered as shit.

@Kite: INDEED! SHITS GETTING REAL!

@JC: I can more or less agree. Still is today now.

@Cru: Total worth it. As mentioned before theres a Dragon. Ice Trolls. Undead Hordes. THE CHOICE TO BECOME JACK OF BLADES! ERMAHGURD. And my personal favorite the Oracle. Ask him a question about a character, a place, people or anything. IT KNOWS ALL. Will give you an answer depending on what you did. Oh and Scythe too. He was pretty awesome

@Agatone:
Basically: It would take me to long to explain the basics of Fable 1 because Fables lore is ultimately complicated. I will make a massive post on it soon just for you.

Posted Image

#12 Brother Agatone

Brother Agatone

The Relentless

• Premium Member
  • Others:
  • 1,320 posts
  • Xbox Live:The Warmaster82

Posted 06 June 2013 - 08:43 PM

Good, looks like something I'd be interested in, just don't know what it is about.
Purge the heresy with the Emperor's fire of retribution. Destroy the mutant against the anvil of his wrath. Exterminate the xenos with the courage of humanity.

#13 MetalHead666X

MetalHead666X

• GWRS Governing Council
  • 2,438 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 09:37 PM

Righto:

Along time ago in the Old kingdom of Albion the people lived in more or less peace. No big issues. When one day extra dimensional beings called the Court who were ancient before we existed demanded that the people bowed down. When the denied this they razed the world in fire. The second time the did not give in, the lifted the water into the air and flooded shit. Thirdly they promised peace and were denied again so they mind fucked everyone until they gave in (Which they did)

Eventually a humble Blacksmith had a son known as William Black. When he grew up he had the amazing power to do things which normal men could not do and amazed the people of his town. His powers were the first sign of the "Power of Will". Eventually he became obsesed with the court and tried to over throw them. He read a strange tome which teleported him to the Jack of Blades on his throne. JoB tried to enslave him with a sword but failed with William escaping and stealing his sword known as "The Sword of Aeons" Important. Remember that name.

The sword offered him a soloution. Give it his soul and he gets power which is excepted and he sets of to the Roun the highist peak where the court lies. He challanges the court in this Order:

Decimates the Knight
Breaks the Jack (Doesnt Kill)
Changes the land in an epic battle with the Queen and destroys her

The people of Albion thank him and apoint him as "Archon" a posh word for magic king. And he unifies albion into the greatest nation.  
That was Part one. Basics.

Part two:

So the Archon bends the universe to his will and is a belevolent ruler creating citys in days and machines that ran on will. He had children. Lead a thousand years of peace (Forgot to mention he is immortal) His descendants shared the same powers as him the Will. But with no enemy's they became petty and evil and terrorized the people. William could have stopped them but had other issues (Which can be explained later not important.) With a disease plaguing him, he coats himself in gold and blue and vanishes.

IMPORTANT BIT RIGHT HERE:
The last Archon built a great tower known as the spire. It concentrated all of the will into one place to commit one wish per person. But here is something Important. It blew up destroying the old kingdom and wiping Blacks empire out instantly. GAME OVER MAN.

So. Yeah. Thats the basics. 
So the surviving villages and towns that survived were isolated. And Anarchy erupted. The old kingdom disappered and was covered by lots of woodlands.

It became a dark land. Every one would fight for something or someone. The Fallow Wars broke out which covered the land red in blood bringing them near to extinction. So very close.

When he appeared. Nostro the Bandit. The Hope from the East. Who pledged peace to the land.

He was driven to leave a mark on the world. And he couldent until he met Scythe. AkA William Black (but no one knows that). Turns out Nostro held the power of the Archons he just didnt know it. Scythe trained him in to a leader among men. And he started the Heroes Guild where men and women would gather to become real heroes. But peace had to be forced among the people. He also had a collisium built and a powerfull sword to match The Sword of Aons.

Eventually Nostro was corrupted by a Prostitue Magnadela. The Arena was now entertainment and the heroes were yet again thugs. He saw his faults and was assassinated through poison. He is buried but haunts the world unsatisfied with his death and choices further in life.

After Nostro's death, Albion continued to grow and thrive, as did the Heroes' Guild. The Guild came to be led by a succession of Will users, who individually varied from well-meaning to cruel in their intentions. The Guild itself adopted a simple code: complete the quest to the letter, ask for payment up front, and obey the local law enforcement unless a Hero is on a quest.

On an other note two churchs were founded by a merchant. One on a ground which healed and an other on a ground which caused bloodlust. Over time they became worshiped as real though they were proven to be idols by the Oracle (Another story part 2). And there was a war.

Thats the lore upto the first game. Play them to find out the rest. Or just ask. I dont mind. There are some unfinished tales which may need explaining. Plotholes ya see.  
Just read into it.

Turns out that though Avo and Skorm are fake there are actually Gods and demons of which are more powerfull than the court. The Jack of Blades compares his powers to them but is realised as much weaker on the scale. There was also a war of gods.

I would tell you what happens between games but that would ruin the fun.

Posted Image

Change Theme!