1 reply to this topic

#1 Opeth Of Epica

Opeth Of Epica

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,482 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 08:21 PM

My 1v1 with Sam today inspired me to make deadicated to our favorite 1v1's ever on Space Marine. I've had 200+, maybe 300+ 1v1's on Space Marine which to my knowage and here's my top 7 (7 because I can :P) :).

7. Fuzzball666 vs. OpethxDAx (Perks match): I put this lower than the others because it I’m kinda cheating with this one since even though it was a great match; I put it on here because of a very personal reason. This was Fuzzy's last ever match on Xbox Live. Since I’ve been through thick and thin with him, I have to put this on my list.

6. LeadCrazySam vs. Opeth xDAx (Lascannon No-Perks match): The match today with Sam was for me a first (and also being one of the very few, to be exact 4 people that have ever beat me in a 1v1). The main reason why I liked this so much is that it makes me laugh how much I was pissed off when I lost. The match itself was a great, no doubt about it (the CQC fights were great especially) but the shear rage of losing to someone who I do better at with a Lascannon against Assaults and in teams games was although frustrating, a rather humbling experience. It just goes to show that 1v1's are a completely different ball game. Well done Sam, I can't fault you in 1v1 Las matches :).

5. Twiggy vs. Opeth xDAx (Perks match): Our record between each other was 3-3 before this match and I lost by one kill on this match >:3, but it was a spectacular one. It was NOTHING but Stalker and Plasma Pistol and it was vicious and fast in the first while in the second half, it became slower and far more calculating. It was two monsters of SM giving it their all in their prime, and no one could have asked for anything more.

4. IISurfacingII vs. Opeth xDAx (Tactical only Perks match): This was an outstanding match in all areas. In fun, challenge and how interesting the match was. Using a variety of weapons, this match was tactical, long and had plenty of clutch plays. I couldn’t fault this match at all.

3. cloud53 vs. Opeth xDAx (Perks match): This was the demented version of Loony Tonnes, shear madness at unmatched speeds. Having the fast Assault in the game with one of the two fastest Tacs in the game (the other being DeeSoDee), the pure shear enjoyment and glee I got out this 1v1 was unmatched. If I went of shear enjoyment of the 1v1, this would be my top pick.

2. Twiggy vs. Opeth xDAx (No perks Assault vs. Lascannon match): The main reason why I regard this so high is how interesting the match was. It had us use our strengths but had them weakened in certain areas to not only make it more balanced, but also more challenging. The unusualness of the match made it far more interesting, with me being a Dev vs. an Assault, there was nowhere to hide with nothing but shear skill determining the winner. It was full amazing plays and the agility and accuracy in this match was monstrous.

1. xRandomxPlayerx vs. Opeth xDAx (Perks match with PC, BF, IMC and CS ban): Oh fuck yes, I adore this for so many reasons. Firstly I can safely say I was shitting myself before this match, which was feeling I didn't have before and never will have again probably on SM. For once I was the underdog, going against the undefeated champion of SM with the odds ultimately stacked against me. It wasn't it could go either way or I was probably going to win, it was I have a large chance of losing and if I lost this 1v1, then all of my other 1v1's would have been for nothing. Secondly was the match itself with me being forced to make every shot count. Fuzzy and Rom were watching the match from above with me and Random giving everything we got at each other. My mega clutch on the 17th kill made Rom scream, and not only did it cement my win (he gave up after that kill), it gave me the biggest sense of relief I ever had on SM. Last reason was the reaction afterwards with the DA celebrating, CF's being in complete shock and Random player calling me out on the forum, brilliant.

So there's my fav 1v1's, list your's below :D.

eB3ZWV8.jpg

#2 LeadCrazySam

LeadCrazySam

Hero of #GothicWars

• Premium Member
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter
  • 1,878 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 09:00 PM

My favourite: All the ones where I win. :P Kidding, I will list them later.

Posted Image

Change Theme!