MasterDabater

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,852 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 03:36 AM

The Righteous
++948.M41++
++Rajput, Khattar++

A golden knight flashed across the field smashing in skulls, and slicing apart cultist as he went. The screams of the traitors cried out to the dark god Slaanesh. It was revolting to his ears, and it fueled his hate driving him to even greater feats.
‘The Emperor has judged you traitors! Your cries are for nothing! Face judgment!’ He screamed as he ended another wailing cultist who was mutated so much it disgusted him to even look upon them. His gleaming gold armor was smeared with blood of the traitors. It had been a short violent campaign; five companies of Celestial Lions were dispatched with the Inquisition to put down the revolt. It had started simple enough until it was found the planet had fallen to chaos. Many citizens had proven loyal fighting a guerrilla campaign. This had pleased the Lions greatly, always eager to help the Imperium.
‘Captain the way is clear, we draw near the center, the chanting grows louder.’ He voxed, appalled at the noise he heard and sights he saw. The followers of Slaanesh were crude and debased, the sights his anger to new levels. He felt as if he would never be clean, much time would be spent with Chaplain Clement he told himself.
‘Well done Liam, press on we are close,’ Was the response. Saul was a fine Captain; he was honorable and decisive in his actions. Liam was his sword; anything that stood in Saul’s way would be met by the ferocity of his Champion. Since the inception of the Chapter no other marine had been named a Champion so soon. It was said he was destined to be made Captain when a spot opened up.

‘In HIS NAME!’ He roared. Liam saw the readout, his Captain and fellow command squad draws closer. Reactivating the rune on his power sword to burn the heretical blood from it, sneering as he did. Khattar had been a loyal Imperial World with a large priest presence. Somewhere they had fallen and in turn followed the dark god Slaanesh. The 2nd company led by Captain Saul had led a spearhead into the cultist lair to earn a quick victory. Much cleansing would be still to come but with the head dead the body would wither and die.

When the full extent of the heresy had been discovered the Inquisitor had called for viral bombs. The Captains of the Lions had convinced him otherwise. He had assured the Lions that should they finish the campaign quickly they would work to rebuild the world. So the Celestial Lions had unleashed all five companies sweeping away all opposition in their path. Simple heretics could not stand against, word of traitor marines were wide spread, but to this point not proven true.

As Liam neared the inner sanctum of the heretic, only vaguely aware of the cultist he was cutting down around him. The resistance they offered was that of flies, mere pests to be swatted aside. As he closed in the chanting grew louder, and louder. He could not make out the words, nor did he wish to. He used it all to fuel his rage; anger was gift from the Emperor after all. Liam used it well.

As he entered the inner sanctum his senses were assaulted from every direction causing him to fall to his knees. Behind his golden helm he wept, why he did not know, what he saw he knew not how to describe. He barely felt the heavy hand swat him aside slamming into the wall.

‘It is PERFECTION that makes you weep Astartesss! Such is the will of Slannesh! It is all perfect.’ The voice sounded like a snake in the wind. Thankfully his hubris woke Liam from his stupor; lifting himself from the ground he realized his plasma pistol was broken.

‘Witness our glory Astartesss!!’ The chanting grew louder; Liam struggled to shut it out. Anger is a gift he remembered.

‘You seek perfection! Look upon it then, I am perfection blessed by the Emperor in his image!’ He roared taking off his helm, letting it drop to the floor. His long golden hair fell to his shoulders, piercing blue eyes bored a hole into the traitor. The traitor was at one time human, but no longer, he bore armor designations that labeled him one of the Emperor’s Children. Such a farce Liam thought.

‘He has judged you all! I carry his will!’ Liam charged the pistol one last time and threw it at the chanting cultist resulting in a vibrant explosion. He drew his combat knife in his off hand and charged.

‘FOOL!! I will wear your face asss a massssk!!’ The traitor screamed bringing to bear a jagged sword.

The explosion marked the entry of the 2nd Companies command squad. ‘Liam has stirred the nest! Cover him!! We are the Emperors Pride!!!’ Saul roared. ‘HEAR US ROAR!!’ Came the response.

Liam heard nothing, in a battle trance everything moved in slow motion. He swatted aside more flies as he advanced, showers of blood and screams followed. He tuned them all out, focused on one adversary. With a roar Liam was upon the traitor we swung with unnatural speed and strength. The traitor could see he was outmatched and cried out to his god. The only response was the Emperors fury made manifest in this Golden knight. Liam hammered away at the slow defense; working inside his guard he severed the serpent’s sword arm. A swift kick to the chest sent the beast tumbling away.

As he approached the traitor came to his knees. ‘I was promisssed untold gloriessss!! You cannot ssstop me Astartesss!! Blessssse……’

Liam had heard enough, severing the serpents head from its body, it continued to mouth words with no sound. Liam stopped that with a stomp of his boot. The anger receded, pain flaring in his body, broken ribs for sure. He stuffed the pain down, no time for that he thought.
‘The Emperor demands the end of all traitors, His will be done.’ Liam said wiping his golden mane from his face, he snarled one last time at the traitor. As he looked about his Brothers were already bringing flamers to bear.

‘Liam! Glad you could save some for us!’ His Captain said as he approached him, removing his helm and patting him on the shoulder, ‘Still no marks I see? Ha the Emperor truly favors you!’ He said with a smile.

‘Of course Captain, I merely did my duty.’ He said returning the smile.

‘Indeed Brother! We must inform the inquisitor of this victory. Let us return to the ship, Brother Lycos brings the flamers to purge these abominations.’ Saul said turning to the rest of the squad, they departed.

Posted Image
Worried you are becoming a super DB tool? CLICK ME! Repent I say! Repent!

#2 Grimaldus

Grimaldus

Librarian, Keeper of the Lore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,125 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 04:26 AM

awesome story brother :)

Posted Image

#3 Gerhart

Gerhart

MasterDabater

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,852 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 04:34 AM

Its not done yet.

Posted Image
Worried you are becoming a super DB tool? CLICK ME! Repent I say! Repent!

#4 Grimaldus

Grimaldus

Librarian, Keeper of the Lore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,125 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 04:36 AM

Its not done yet.

then why are you not writing the rest :) i want more :@

Posted Image

#5 J NOSK36

J NOSK36