• This topic is locked This topic is locked
10 replies to this topic

#1 ImperialFist66

ImperialFist66

Imperial Fists 1st Company Chaplain

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 03:21 PM

After years of trying to find a gf/wife that can tolerate Warhammer 40k, I found one. After ballets, going to off broadway shows, movies with no explosions or excitement of any sort in general, she said she'd 'try it out.' She paints better than I do after two (expletive deleted) attempts, rolls near contact 6's like the dice are loaded, and spent about 200 bucks on a starter Space Wolf army, because "They don't look like your sissies in yellow. I mean really, they are RIDING WOLVES. I think Bjorn should have prettier colors though."

The Emperor provides...
"The Emperor commands us. Dorn guides us.
Honor shields us. Fear our name, for it is vengeance."

From the teachings of Rhetoricus

#2 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

Squeak Squeak Mother F***ers

• Administrators
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter, GWRS Governing Council
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 11:00 PM

Hahaha - such is life, I know someone who's gf wanted to paint Necrons pink like the ones online because they weren't evil, just misunderstood. HOW DO YOU MISUNDERSTAND GENOCIDAL TERMINATORS?!

Do Not XBL-Message or PM Me Website or Community Issues/Requests.
Use The Support Centre Instead!

cruSig2.jpg

#3 ajar1189

ajar1189

Brother I am Pinned Here!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 550 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 11:03 PM

To be fair their leader sold their souls to the Ctan, so maybe they are just a little misunderstood.

Check out the app called Verge I Created: http://goo.gl/OFW1yl. It's only for android now, but will be out for iPhone in the near future!

It essentially allows you to share your location with your friends, family, coworkers, etc through a group in the app. You can find everyone in your group's location by pressing a button (assuming they respond to the request), and plot it on a map. From there you are given a point that is equidistant from everyone. With this you can find a place to search for and meet up and send this location to everyone in your group telling them thats where you want to meet. There's no need to enter any addresses, and all you need to do is click a few buttons.

#4 Armoured Priest

Armoured Priest

Man in the long black coat

• Administrators
  • Others: GWRS Governing Council
  • 10,192 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 11:05 PM

"They don't look like your sissies in yellow. I mean really, they are RIDING WOLVES. I think Bjorn should have prettier colors though."

Well, she does have a good point. :D

Burning, Stabbing, Devouring, Changing, Resurrecting and creating in Sanctuary
We have such sights to show you...

SignatureBurias_zpsafd03a97.jpg

#5 ImperialFist66

ImperialFist66

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 12:39 AM

"They don't look like your sissies in yellow. I mean really, they are RIDING WOLVES. I think Bjorn should have prettier colors though."

Well, she does have a good point. :D

I tried to explain the Horus Heresy, and she mentioned holding onto past glories 10,000 years old was a tad much, and then asked me wasn't the Palace (or fort or whatever) breached? I've never been more proud/upset.

#6 Armoured Priest

Armoured Priest

Man in the long black coat

• Administrators
  • Others: GWRS Governing Council
  • 10,192 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 01:10 AM

......She gets a medal now.

Burning, Stabbing, Devouring, Changing, Resurrecting and creating in Sanctuary
We have such sights to show you...

SignatureBurias_zpsafd03a97.jpg

#7 Master Romulous

Master Romulous

Dark Angels Chapter Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,315 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 01:37 AM

A woman who will drop a dime to get a army for herself AND PLAY! IS SHE ASIAN!?! if so I hope you never meet an untimely demize :D

She got a twin?
Posted Image

#8 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

Squeak Squeak Mother F***ers

• Administrators
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter, GWRS Governing Council
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 01:55 AM

Sorry Rom Nom but I hear she also has standards ^~

Do Not XBL-Message or PM Me Website or Community Issues/Requests.
Use The Support Centre Instead!

cruSig2.jpg

#9 ImperialFist66

ImperialFist66

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 02:12 AM

A woman who will drop a dime to get a army for herself AND PLAY! IS SHE ASIAN!?! if so I hope you never meet an untimely demize :D

She got a twin?

Not Asian, though she does have wicked blue-gray eyes with black hair... But did you skip over the ballet, broadway MUSICALS, and non-explosive movies ( with lots of words and feelings and... Weeping...)? Oh, and I'm talking interpretative dance ballet, not swans and nutcrackers. 'Don't you appreciate the dance ?' 'Huh? Sorry, i fell asleep and spilt my wine on my Easter pants.'

Seriously though, I think I have a winner, mildly questionable Chapter choices notwithstanding... Maybe it's because she's a veterinarian. Hmm.

#10 Brother Agatone

Brother Agatone

The Relentless

• Premium Member
  • Others:
  • 1,320 posts
  • Xbox Live:The Warmaster82

Posted 24 April 2013 - 04:55 AM

Keep her, don't let her go, or you'll regret. If she understands you, then she won't nag about how much money your spending because she does it too. Seriously, the chances of this happening is the probability of winning the lottery. Obviously, you went for the triple mil, and hit the jackpot, so I wouldn't let this one get away.

Although, the imperial fists aren't my favorite, I salute you good sir for discovering what many have failed to find.
Purge the heresy with the Emperor's fire of retribution. Destroy the mutant against the anvil of his wrath. Exterminate the xenos with the courage of humanity.

#11 JC 042

JC 042

Sons of The Fallen clan leader

• GWRS Governing Council
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter
  • 9,552 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 06:58 AM

I know of some woman into 40K, but I think most of them went into the hobby the same time their BF/fiancé did.

Posted Image

JC: 99% Anime, 1% hot gas

Change Theme!