46 replies to this topic

#1 SpecSlaughter22

SpecSlaughter22

Bearer of the Redemption of St. Sulech

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,260 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 03:39 PM

Next tourney idea is sort of the same as the EVO tourney but more complex.

1. Chapters will sign up for a specific time.

2. We will match you according to time. (I would show up ten minutes prior because as soon as its time, and your not there, its a DQ for you)

3. There is only one match and game type and they will be picked for you be me rolling a 1d4 for the game type and a 1d5 for maps. There is no DLC maps so everyone should be able to play.

4. Must be 5-8 people and that must be declared 3 days prior also(also cannot be fillers from other teams)

First round games are as such:
2500 for Seize Ground, unlimited time, ff off
75 for Annihilation, unlimited time. ff off
5 for CTF, 30 minutes, ff off
10 for c&c, 30 minutes, ff off

Maps are:
Manufactorum
Basilica
Waste Management
Habs Center
Shattered Bridge

5. Once your beaten your out of the tourney.

6. The matches will continue until there are 4 teams left the the finals begin.

Finals

1.Each team plays Annihilation Seize and CTF.

1. Matches won are determined by percentage.(see below)

(IE: Chapter Derp loses To Chapter IMAGUNUGITCHA 1765 to 2500.
You simply divide 1765 by 2500 and multiply by 100=70.6%

Then Chapter Derp beats IMAGUNAGITCHA 150 to 99=66%.

Then Derp loses again(poor Derp) 3 to 5 on CTF=60%

ADD them up: Derp=230.6 and IMAGUNAGITCHA=234.6 Close game :D)

Seize Ground-2500
Annihilation 150
CTF-5

Rules are:
No glitch kicking
No spawn camping
No rock glitch, heavy bolter glitch, cover glitch(whatever you want to call it...if you have Q's ask)
Max 2 of any weapon and perk (eg only 2 people on the team can use Melta Guns, only 2 people can use Death From Above).

If anything else comes up it will be implemented later.

Anyone found guilty of this will be DQ'd

Tourney sign ups are Monday April 8th and will last until Monday April 15th.

Matches will then be organized and put on the Challonge system for you to see by Tuesday April 16th 2013.

Matches begin Saturday, April 20th, 2013

If everything cant be carried out in one weekend, it will be carried over to the next weekend.

Thank you,
Your friendly neighborhood CM
Spec

Adding on the generic site tournament rules as a refresher

• All games are by standard the maximum limiting number of possible players while maintaining even teams
  • Teams can elect to restrict players on their chosen game in any given round (3 day rule)
  • Teams must state in advance if they are aware they cannot field the expected number (3 day rule)
  • Should a team unexpectedly be unable to field agreed numbers, the other team has the right to request a raincheck if time remains in the cycle.
    • Unavoidable or unforeseeable circumstances should not harm a team and a reduced game should be played - The team receiving the apologies decides what is acceptable to them
    • Should a team reject the reasons provided for decreased play, they can refuse the game/s and the outcome is decided by tournament organizers following brief consultation - if you pick this route both teams knowingly forfeit the right to complain if you are decided against. Breach of this clause leads to instant disqualification (level appeals do not count as complaints, this refers specifically to drama)
  • Once a game starts combatants are fixed
  • Should someone "drop in" without invitation combat must cease
  • Combatants may swap in/out between games in each round

I do not forget.
I do not forgive.
I am always watching.
Expect me.
Posted Image

#2 GK MadMan

GK MadMan

brother of the legion of the damned

• Members
  • Others: ,
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,362 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 04:10 PM

How many teams a chapter put in ?

their armour was coloured black and upon it was drawn chilling images of bones and fire, and on their helm they bore skulls... Like the bones of men in the torment of purgatory they were, and yet not a sound did they make... 

#3 SpecSlaughter22

SpecSlaughter22

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,260 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 04:40 PM

lol I dont know why everyone is thinking a bunch of teams. You are playing as a chapter so essentially there is one "team" per chapter. You can however swap players or field an entirely new team. you cant use other chapters players. That in mind you cant use someone from another chapter if they join your team mid tourney. Cuts down on the A team factor.  
Also fixed where it said it would start on the ninth. it will actually start the 20th.
I do not forget.
I do not forgive.
I am always watching.
Expect me.
Posted Image

#4 GK MadMan

GK MadMan

brother of the legion of the damned

• Members
  • Others: ,
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,362 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 05:13 PM

Fair enough I was asking cos we run 4 sqauds we dont have a team in the as. I was just ssking in case we cod more then one team out but thankz.
The as will defo be interested in this.

their armour was coloured black and upon it was drawn chilling images of bones and fire, and on their helm they bore skulls... Like the bones of men in the torment of purgatory they were, and yet not a sound did they make... 

#5 SpecSlaughter22

SpecSlaughter22

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,260 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 05:21 PM

i might have put these in the wrong place lol so if you cant access them ill ask a mod to move them...

or where they go...

cuz i think i have that power

...i think lol...

still new at this :D
I do not forget.
I do not forgive.
I am always watching.
Expect me.
Posted Image

#6 ajar1189

ajar1189

Brother I am Pinned Here!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 550 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 05:21 PM

A couple of things:

1) For finals scoring you write:

ADD them up: Derp=230.6 and IMAGUNAGITCHA=234.6 Close game)

Let's call them chapter D and I for simplicity. You have team D's scoring right but team I's score should be (100 + 66 + 100 = ) 266 not 234.6, which makes the scoring still pretty close but not as close as you made it seem :P.

2) Max 2 of any weapon and perk

It's going to be pretty damn hard to enforce the 2 of any perk rule with people dying and spawning all the time. I hope we can assume that no one will break the rule on purpose, but it's too easy to:

a) break the rule on purpose or not
B) accuse someone of breaking the rule (whether they did or not)

I'm not saying that people will intentionally break the rule or that they will falsely accuse a team of breaking it, but that it is pretty easy to do so without repercussion.

Just my thoughts on it.

Check out the app called Verge I Created: http://goo.gl/OFW1yl. It's only for android now, but will be out for iPhone in the near future!

It essentially allows you to share your location with your friends, family, coworkers, etc through a group in the app. You can find everyone in your group's location by pressing a button (assuming they respond to the request), and plot it on a map. From there you are given a point that is equidistant from everyone. With this you can find a place to search for and meet up and send this location to everyone in your group telling them thats where you want to meet. There's no need to enter any addresses, and all you need to do is click a few buttons.

#7 SpecSlaughter22

SpecSlaughter22

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,260 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 05:29 PM

A couple of things:

1) For finals scoring you write:

ADD them up: Derp=230.6 and IMAGUNAGITCHA=234.6 Close game)

Let's call them chapter D and I for simplicity. You have team D's scoring right but team I's score should be (100 + 66 + 100 = ) 266 not 234.6, which makes the scoring still pretty close but not as close as you made it seem :P.

2) Max 2 of any weapon and perk

It's going to be pretty damn hard to enforce the 2 of any perk rule with people dying and spawning all the time. I hope we can assume that no one will break the rule on purpose, but it's too easy to:

a) break the rule on purpose or not
B) accuse someone of breaking the rule (whether they did or not)

I'm not saying that people will intentionally break the rule or that they will falsely accuse a team of breaking it, but that it is pretty easy to do so without repercussion.

Just my thoughts on it.

lol i love math man...probably because i make mistakes and thats how i get better at it....still i like this system....thanks for doing my job lol

I think it will be a little easier to keep track of the loadouts because honestly your probably going to feel it more on the battlefield and you will start associating those players to the perks they run.

I want to make this tourney so everyone can switch loadouts if they need to. If this becomes a problem I can always make it so everyone will have to stick with the loadout they start with...we'll see how it goes. also remember the initial games will only be one game.

It will also be very difficult to see if someone is using a glitch to kill you if someone else steals the kill or glitch kicking you from behind...i hope everyone plays fair...i dont want to start limiting things....theres a reason i let the jump swing slide:-/ 
oh that or the teams keep playing until they can fight fair....dont know...its another option we have.
I do not forget.
I do not forgive.
I am always watching.
Expect me.
Posted Image

#8 BANEofDAEMONS

BANEofDAEMONS

BANEofDAEMONS

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 424 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 06:20 PM

I know this is none of my business but why not set up the first matches like u have the final matches (i know itd b really difficult to do) and make the final matches (with the exception of the championship match) one and done. This would give teams a lil more time to play together and understand the rules that way by the time teams make it to the finals their at their best and would make for closer matches. This would also elminate the luck factor and allow a more pure competion at the end.
Posted Image

#9 SpecSlaughter22

SpecSlaughter22

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,260 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 06:30 PM

This is supposed to be a fast tourney. I will however do the smaller chapters first so they dont face the larger chapters first so they can actually progress in the tourney. The idea here is that you fight, you post your scores on here, then fight your next match. very fast paced and will rely on your leaders to be very responsive, cooperative, and patient.

the rules arent that hard though, dont spam, dont glitch kick or cover glitch, show up on time, post your scores, progress in the tournament. Map choice and game type will already be decided for you.
I do not forget.
I do not forgive.
I am always watching.
Expect me.
Posted Image

#10 BANEofDAEMONS

BANEofDAEMONS

BANEofDAEMONS

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 424 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 08:20 PM

ok kool thanx spec
Posted Image

#11 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

Squeak Squeak Mother F***ers

• Administrators
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter, GWRS Governing Council
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 11:57 PM

It's going to be glaringly obvious if someone is cheating with extra rapid deploy, 2 weapons, nukades etc etc

If someone has more than 2 of things like extra ammo it would indeed be hard to find, but since they are not going to swing many games we're not overly concerned.

Actually reporting it will be a pain in the ass, so we'd recommend recording games if you suspect your opponents to be less than honorable based on track record or past interaction. In the case of he-said-she-said situations, we'll have to look at the quantity of accusations, the character of accuser and defenders and track record of them as well. Won't be pleasant, so just don't cheat - impo if you need to cheat to win because loosing honorably isn't an option then you shouldn't be on GWRS anyway /shrug

Do Not XBL-Message or PM Me Website or Community Issues/Requests.
Use The Support Centre Instead!

cruSig2.jpg

#12 ajar1189

ajar1189

Brother I am Pinned Here!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 550 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 01:17 AM

I'm not trying to argue for the sake of arguing here, but just bringing things to light which I think may cause issues. It's more in the case of being accused of cheating when not doing so than the ease of cheating:

It's going to be glaringly obvious if someone is cheating with extra rapid deploy, 2 weapons, nukades etc etc

For example, if person A and B decide to rapid on a point to save it, but one of them dies and person C immediately rapids on it to defend it, the other team may think you are cheating if they haven't noticed person A or B dying.

It's just basically the fact that the maps are quite large and you can't always tell what someone is running, etc which is why I mention that it may be hard to enforce. If you also take a look at the proposed 3v3 tournament thread where one person had to lock into a class I mentioned that it would be cool if you could switch classes, but it would be hard to enforce not having duplicate classes. The same sort of logic applies here except that its even less noticeable (you can instantly find out someone's class) what perk someone has.

Again, i'm not trying to encourage spam or argue one side or the other. Nor am I trying to say that people will intentionally cheat or falsely accuse someone of cheating. I'm just putting out there some logistical issues that may occur during gameplay. I will be recording any match that I am a part of for everyone to see, and it's good to know that accusations of cheating will be handled in a way more complex than just "oh you said he cheated so he did."

Check out the app called Verge I Created: http://goo.gl/OFW1yl. It's only for android now, but will be out for iPhone in the near future!

It essentially allows you to share your location with your friends, family, coworkers, etc through a group in the app. You can find everyone in your group's location by pressing a button (assuming they respond to the request), and plot it on a map. From there you are given a point that is equidistant from everyone. With this you can find a place to search for and meet up and send this location to everyone in your group telling them thats where you want to meet. There's no need to enter any addresses, and all you need to do is click a few buttons.

#13 SpecSlaughter22

SpecSlaughter22

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,260 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 02:10 AM

i can see that happening maybe but really leaders should stay ontop of that. if theyre doing it and it becomes a problem restart the match. 
if it keeps happening and it becomes apparent its intentional the they would become disqualified.
I do not forget.
I do not forgive.
I am always watching.
Expect me.
Posted Image

#14 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

• Administrators
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 02:35 AM

You make good points Ajar, but the leader of each team only has 8 people (inclusive) to organize. Not all of them will be the same class. It's not that hard to ensure that the ones of the same class cooperate on their loadout selections.

My advice if team leaders want a cruisy tournament then make the team setup specific loadouts that minimize illegal overlap in the early planning stages. Only have 3 people with Meltas on any loadout so only those 3 need to care about that weapon, and make sure everyone knows who they overlap with.

If we have too much issue with this then we'll just swap to a static loadout selection.

cruSig2.jpg

#15 Master Romulous

Master Romulous

Dark Angels Chapter Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,315 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 03:02 AM

Lo there Do i See the xDAx

Lo there Do i see the Deathwing

Lo there do i see Twiggy , Opeth , and Woody.

Lo there do i see Angron , Ajar and PP.

Lo there do i see Aqua , Try , Saint and Crafty.

Chosen of the Lion!

Thee Emperors Finest!

Death Incarnate!

Whom Know No Fear!

The Dark Angels Formally submit for entry into the tournament, The perk between my Deathwing will be enforced so that each member only has the perks assigned to them for that match on there customzer and all other perks shall be removed from there customizer ahead of game time to make it impossible for overlapping perks.

If our opponent has used more than the assigned 2 limit, we will have screen shots via cellular device of the load outs of all 3+ individuals involved to back the claim.

Good luck gentlemen.

There is no substitute for zeal.
Supreme Grand Master Romulous, Keeper of the Truth. "Forever Maw"

Posted Image

#16 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

• Administrators
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 03:08 AM

Nice post Rom, wrong thread bro XD

I'll copy your post over so you don't have to rewrite it

cruSig2.jpg

#17 ICE JARL (bjorn_ironskull)

ICE JARL (bjorn_ironskull)

Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 198 posts
  • Xbox Live:ICE JARL
  • Steam:bjorn_ironskull
  • Social Groups:Ice Wolves

Posted 09 April 2013 - 11:56 PM

This sounds really cool spec, you have obviously done a lot of work for this. I'm just waiting on the votes from the rest of the wolves and I will post a yay or nay. Looks good so far tho.

5a0878d3-1001-44ce-8a24-7d2530b2cb82_zps

#18 SpecSlaughter22

SpecSlaughter22

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,260 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 12:32 AM

lol it has a evo tourney type of setup so wolves should feel familiar lol thats when you guys proved the white scars werent invincible lol good times...deathwatch should be rolling deep with this one. were sort of addicted to bling ya know :D so expect the inquisition
I do not forget.
I do not forgive.
I am always watching.
Expect me.
Posted Image

#19 D0R0TKA

D0R0TKA

Faction XO

• Members
  • Others:
  • Pip
  • 183 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 07:19 AM

Spec, this is looking very good :) hell yeah, I wanna to participate in this tournament :)
And like you wrote this can be a little push for chapters to train, I like it :rolleyes:
I hope we will get more volunteers from our chapter, but now still waiting for response tho.
Postad bild
Choć droga jest bez końca, pozornie bez znaczenia. Mniemam, że mam powody by drogi swej nie zmieniać!

#20 SpecSlaughter22

SpecSlaughter22

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,260 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 12:50 PM

thanks dorotka:) i think you guys will like the tourney and i think itll be great to see how far the lotd have come since you guys started up. im pretty sure you guys are going to give everyone a run for their money:-p

i also would like to remind people that sign ups are up and i think only one team has stepped up. theres not a big rush to do it but remember sign ups end next monday.
I do not forget.
I do not forgive.
I am always watching.
Expect me.
Posted Image

Change Theme!