#1 Romulus_Sorvian

Romulus_Sorvian

Son of Magnus

• Members
  • Others:
  • Pip
  • 235 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 08:45 PM

So been a Warhammer fan for sometime only got into 40k really heavy after the first RST came out.

Been wanting to play the table top and now i got a couple friends interested as well so i was wondering where to start.

Would love to put together a Imp Guard army and a Space Wolf army based off the 13th company as well. But havent decided what i would like my loyalist chapter army will be. Space Wolfs is just my first choice still looking threw things.

Just kinda hoping for some feed back on what i should be looking for and such. Want to build a real unique army rather then something run of the mill.

Anyways not sure what else to ask like i said not sure where to start so any info you guys wanna give would be awesome.

Thanks for your time brothers!
"Do Ut Des." - Roman Prayer

#2 Thugren

Thugren

Master Of The Sanctuary

• Administrators
  • Others: GWRS Governing Council
  • 14,265 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 12:24 AM

When I make an army I start with my lord..I play a pure thousand son and a pure night lord theme for my armies..I have my spec lord in term armor and my night lord commander with lightning claws term blah blah..than you gotta go your playstyle see for me I prefer heavy choices like elites to port in and butcher resistance while my havoks slam the enemy from all sides what theme you looking for your army

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Oh sanctuary...THAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT Rp
cainsig11.jpg

#3 Romulus_Sorvian

Romulus_Sorvian

Son of Magnus

• Members
  • Others:
  • Pip
  • 235 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 10:28 AM

Hmm well i am not totally sure on all the different ways to play, like i said still way need to the table top version.

Though i am leaning to the Guard army alot atm.

Maybe something based around Arty support :P

#4 Bayard

Bayard

night lord tactical

• Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 07:43 PM

If u want a unique guard army check out some of the guys on the forge world website www.forgeworld.com or just type in forge world in google. Also another army to look at are the Vostryian first born, or the Ice Warriors of Vallhala. If you want a good melée space marine army go either Death Company Blood Angles or Black Templars, if u want a unique ranged space marine army go Legion of the Damned. (note these are just suggestions, in the end all that matters is that you think your guys are cool and awesome and you have fun playing)
Night Lord tactical of Death Claw

#5 Romulus_Sorvian

Romulus_Sorvian

Son of Magnus

• Members
  • Others:
  • Pip
  • 235 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 08:25 PM

Very cool thank you much for the info :).

Been looking threw a alot of things and alot on the site you posted. Belive i'ma go with the Death Korps of Krieg and build an army. :D

they look badass and think i will like the heavy weapon squads and arty/mortars they can brind to bear. :P

Anyways gonna keep lookin and deciding so any tips you guys wanna give would be sweet but i dont wanna take up to much of your time.

Thanks again!

#6 Darkanis

Darkanis

Black Cardinal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 149 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 03:29 AM

Go Imperial Guard man. Shit load of tanks and infantry.

Posted Image

#7 Romulus_Sorvian

Romulus_Sorvian

Son of Magnus

• Members
  • Others:
  • Pip
  • 235 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 03:36 AM

Go Imperial Guard man. Shit load of tanks and infantry.

Pretty sure thats what i'm gonna do, love the guard always play em in the RTS. So think i'll go Death korps :P

Change Theme!