#1 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

Squeak Squeak Mother F***ers

• Administrators
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter, GWRS Governing Council
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 08:27 PM

Dear players,

Today DUST 514 will go offline for an extended period of time starting from 11:00 GMT. Server is expected to come back up at 12:15 GMT. Today's hotfix will deploy following changes:

• Fix to the 'Gorewreck' GK-13 Burst Assault Rifle missing aim down sight dot
  • Improved spawn mechanics and new spawn locations for Ambush game mode with biomass or communication outposts on maps. After the downtime please provide your feedback on the new spawn locations and mechanics on these maps right here.
  • Two new game mode variations - Manus Peak (OMS) and Skim Junction (OMS)
  • Improved some map performance
  • Contacts will now sort alphabetically
In addition, CCP Draco would like to explain further our ultimate goal with Ambush spawn system changes:

Ambush deployment has been in need of an overhaul for a long time and here’s finally the first step towards a better experience.

The new model calculates a rating for each deployment location and drops you into one of the best ones. The rating takes into account all enemy troops and vehicles around each location, using weights based on their threat level. In addition, the rating is also affected by nearby team and squad mates, as well as allied vehicles. So you can still end up in a firefight, but you’ll at least have backup close by. Squad mates are highly rated so you are more likely to end up next to a squad mate than a team mate.

Due to the short time frame, this is just a sample of the improvements we ultimately want to get in, and we will closely monitor your feedback to see how you feel it’s working in large scale battles from here on. Finally, we’re already working on several additional improvements to the rating system to take snipers and installations into account and allowing for much more flexible per-map tuning. An overhaul of the actual deployment locations on the maps themselves is also underway.

/CCP Draco

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Source

Do Not XBL-Message or PM Me Website or Community Issues/Requests.
Use The Support Centre Instead!

cruSig2.jpg

#2 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

• Administrators
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 08:28 PM

Hopefully this means we will not spawn infront of 2 HMG totting Heavies anymore :D

cruSig2.jpg

#3 NJSniper00

NJSniper00

Guardsmen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 08:42 PM

i guess being spawned killed multiple times yesterday on that live stream made them actually go wow this is a really really terrible spawn system

#4 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

• Administrators
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 10:17 PM

i guess being spawned killed multiple times yesterday on that live stream made them actually go wow this is a really really terrible spawn system

So what you're saying is that IGN actually did something right? Holy shit, what's the word coming to

cruSig2.jpg

#5 JC 042

JC 042

Sons of The Fallen clan leader

• GWRS Governing Council
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter
  • 9,552 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 11:19 PM

I was spawn killed so many times today that I yelled at the screen enough until my wifi completely died...

Posted Image

JC: 99% Anime, 1% hot gas

Change Theme!