Photo

Life it not as we know it - jkharvey95

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
13 replies to this topic

#1 Talon Lord Othrim

Talon Lord Othrim

WARMASTER, Commander of the Night Lords.

• Elite Member
  • 3,234 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 03:03 PM

Posted Image

It had been many months since Karamos had left the arboretum of the Jade college on Altdorf to travel deep into the Great Forrest. He had longed to be free of his tutors and masters so that he could finaly feel the world beneath his feet at it felt so right for him to do.
Now he felt truly in his element. The forrest was teeming with life and he felt more alive here than he had everdone before. He could feel the energies that connected all living things flow through him, connecting him to the very strands he saught to master as he joind the web of life.

As he stood before a great stone monalith he scrunched up his toes to feel the grass and dirt inbetween them. Pure, fresh air filled his lungs with every breath. His tutors could never have prepaired him for this experiance. All was at peace....

That was, untill the beast came.....

Half stumbling, half crashing into the clearing of the stone monument a great cat, standing almost as tall as himself, entred. It looked at him and growled. He ould see that it was set ready to pounce at him and just as it exerted the effort to leap, flopped to the ground........

[spoiler=ooc]The rest of this story is yours to create....... have fun and good luck.[/spoiler]
Posted ImageUploaded with ImageShack.com

#2 Warmonger

Warmonger

=][=

• Premium Member
  • Others: ,
  • 1,304 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 07:51 PM

extrending his senses, Karmos detected that the animal was wounded, or at least appeared to be so.

approaching this beast in such a condition might be more foolhardy than wise. A beast in distress is more likely to lash out, but can I let it die and leave the wind of Ghyran? he thinks to himself

he approaches the beast cautiously, drawing on a little magic... just in case he has to defend himself

Spoiler

This planet is a graveyard - care to join me? 

#3 Talon Lord Othrim

Talon Lord Othrim

• Elite Member
  • 3,234 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 10:29 PM

[spoiler=ooc] in the first set of brackets you type - spoiler= then whatever you want. It will then title your spoiler. [/spoiler]

The beast lays dead. As he gets a little closer he can see it's deseased. Boils, cracked skin and an awful stench of necrotic rot.

#4 Warmonger

Warmonger

=][=

• Premium Member
  • 1,304 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 05:17 PM

"what kind of blasphemy is this?" Karmos mutters as he sees the extent of the damage wrought upon the creature.
I wonder whether this is the work of a disease, or something more insidious...

he decides to track the beast, and see whether the path it has travelled holds more clues as to it's poor demise

[spoiler= to track the path] 1d100 rolled for a total of: 60 (60) [/spoiler]

#5 Talon Lord Othrim

Talon Lord Othrim

• Elite Member
  • 3,234 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 12:48 PM

The path the beast took is easily followed. Away from the sacred stones the route takes him up into the hills. As he makes his way he can see another of the poor creatures. This younger, smaller cat lays cold and still. It still breaths but bairly. It's milky eye's trasfixed upon the sky.

#6 Warmonger

Warmonger

=][=

• Premium Member
  • 1,304 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 06:57 PM

Humble me! This is appalling... Karmos thinks as he approaches the prone beast.

"Easy now," he murmurs as he draws near the beast "let's see what you can show me!"
[spoiler= to near the beast] 1d100 rolled for a total of: 53 (53) [/spoiler]
[spoiler= to heal it] 1d100 rolled for a total of: 52 (52) [/spoiler]

#7 Talon Lord Othrim

Talon Lord Othrim

• Elite Member
  • 3,234 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 11:01 AM

Filling his body with the energy of the earth he lays his hands upon the cat and wills the purifying energy to force out the malignant desease inflicting is curse upon it. He watches as putrid ooze is expeled from every pore and upon contact with his healing energy is destroyed. Once the spell is complete and there is no sign of further infection he can see the beast breathing easier. He see's one of it's eyes clear, the other destroyed, and it focuses on him. The cat tries to gain it's footing, however too weak to stand, falls back onto it's side winded.

#8 Warmonger

Warmonger

=][=

• Premium Member
  • 1,304 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 08:37 PM

"Beast, hear my words, and understand them if you may... Some malignant power laid it's curse on you, seeking to tear you from this world. I have riddenyou of the sickness, and when you regain strength, would have you lead me to where this happened"

[spoiler= hoping it doesn't maul me...] 1d100 rolled for a total of: 45 (45) [/spoiler]

#9 Talon Lord Othrim

Talon Lord Othrim

• Elite Member
  • 3,234 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 01:12 PM

The great cats eyes meet with his and there seems to be an underlaying connection there.

After some time it stands and keeping it's distance from him it begins to move off, up into the foothills. Once it feels comfortably away from him he can see it pause briefly to look back at him then continues to move on.

#10 Warmonger

Warmonger

=][=

• Premium Member
  • 1,304 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 02:59 PM

NO WAY! i didn't expect this to work

He follows the beast, at a cautious distance, afterall - an animal is still an animal. Extending his senses through his connection to the earth, he tries to keep aware of the environment around him, part to ensure that he wont be ambushed, and part to ensure that the infection has not spread to the earth itself.

[spoiler= extending senses] 1d100 rolled for a total of: 93 (93) [/spoiler]

#11 Talon Lord Othrim

Talon Lord Othrim

• Elite Member
  • 3,234 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 12:23 PM

After some time the cat stalked around the entrance to a natural cave mouth. From his vantage point he could see the evidence that the cave was inhabited by the great cats.

#12 Warmonger

Warmonger

=][=

• Premium Member
  • 1,304 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 08:11 PM

ach, this could get messy... I have gained the trust of one of them, but the whole group? muttering under his breath he sends forth his power, looking for any traces of inherent infection amongst the animals.

[spoiler= magicky stuff] 1d100 rolled for a total of: 48 (48) [/spoiler]

#13 Talon Lord Othrim

Talon Lord Othrim

• Elite Member
  • 3,234 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 09:24 AM

He senses that the infection is strong within the cave. The young great cat watches him intently from it's vantage point.

He has a choice. Search the cave or leave......

#14 Talon Lord Othrim

Talon Lord Othrim

• Elite Member
  • 3,234 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 05:06 PM

bump

Change Theme!