Oh, how DARE you mourn!

#2 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

Squeak Squeak Mother F***ers

• Administrators
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter, GWRS Governing Council
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 09:40 PM

The reason that article had to be written could be used to justify extermination of Western and Asian culture.

Do Not XBL-Message or PM Me Website or Community Issues/Requests.
Use The Support Centre Instead!

cruSig2.jpg

#3 Apulo

Apulo

Lead Programmer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,465 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 09:54 PM

A friend of mine did this just today on Facebook.

He posted side-by-side pictures of Whitney Houston and a fallen marine asking why Whitney is getting all the press and the marine isn't.

I posted this article on my wall on Facebook as an answer.

#4 JC 042

JC 042

Sons of The Fallen clan leader

• GWRS Governing Council
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter
  • 9,552 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 10:16 PM

I have very mixed views on this, but the main reason I support this is probably because I dont know and hate most celebrities, the theory of the rich gets richer and the poor get poorer and that no single individual deserves so much attention for anything unless it somehow benefits humanity in some great way.

Second thing is that I laughed when I heard people were trying to contact Michael Jackson, from the beyond the grave... seriously. WTF! People shouldnt be idolizing and loving a celebrity, that only leads to somthing bad and is a waist of everyones time.

I dont agree how he's critising people for saying such and such died at war but no one knows him, but that links to the first point that no one deserves to so much attention and this stops celebrities from getting it. BUT I do DEFINITLY agree that people that are doing it just so they look smart and a better individual and for no other reason are complete dicks.

Right Im going to bed, using my thinking brain hurts to much, back to the thinking of how to better terrify my enemies :D

Posted Image

JC: 99% Anime, 1% hot gas

#5 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

• Administrators
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 10:19 PM

Second thing is that I laughed when I heard people were trying to contact Michael Jackson, from the beyond the grave... seriously. WTF!

Where were all those fans when he was on trial aye?

cruSig2.jpg

#6 Domine Nox

Domine Nox

Regent of Ultramar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,950 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 10:48 PM

The law of fame is that while you live people will do their best to tear you down and vilify you in any way they can. When you're dead you are immediately excused all your faults and put on a pedestal where suddenly nobody could ever possibly compare to what you accomplished.

Posted Image

Nolo mihi libet sis multo felis.

#7 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

• Administrators
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 10:55 PM

The law of fame is that while you live people will do their best to tear you down and vilify you in any way they can. When you're dead you are immediately excused all your faults and put on a pedestal where suddenly nobody could ever possibly compare to what you accomplished.

Yep - completely stupid

The corresponding rule is while politicians are in-power/alive we all hate them and accuse them of things. When they leave-power/die all our accusations are proven true!

cruSig2.jpg

#8 Apulo

Apulo

Lead Programmer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,465 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 11:00 PM

Okay, I really don't think we need to put the flags at half mast for Whitney. That's a little too far.

#9 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

• Administrators
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 11:08 PM

Okay, I really don't think we need to put the flags at half mast for Whitney. That's a little too far.

She wasn't even that good, plus her drugs and other addictions completely wrecked her daughters childhood and teenage years. Basically she's just a famous version of someone you would meet in poor suburbs

cruSig2.jpg

#10 Apulo

Apulo

Lead Programmer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,465 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 11:10 PM

There are a thousand of her that can't sing in my neighborhood.

Seriously, my town is a major hub for meth trafficking. I remember when Main street was closed for most of the day as the local police and FBI disassembled a meth lab.

Thankfully the chemists pretty much keep to themselves so it's not too bad a place to live.

Change Theme!