4 replies to this topic

#1 Paladin Xenos

Paladin Xenos

For The Horde!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,373 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 04:36 PM

So before I left the forum I was hearing a lot of talk about a warhammer MMO, now that Sega has the license for warhammer, do you think they will make one? Or is it just a bad idea all together?
Posted Image

#2 Takavis

Takavis

Meatshield

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 05:42 PM

here is what id like from it skyrim esq perk trees :
character creation all known races roll the bottom of there army list and only threw experience and gear can you be promoted via a perk tree
( this works real well for tyranid as they evolve )
so sure you can put points in to healing but if you didnt get a Narthecium drop you cant heal this makes the game huge for tradeing and with all the wargear for all known races would make the game fun

after all maybe i fought a mob a meckboy or something and he dropped a assault cannon for a dreadnought maybe i dont want to play that or dont have perks for it i could trade it to someone for something i do wana play like a bionic arm or eye for my captain part of the HQ perk tree

it would have to be race specific drops tho cause i dont see how a space marine finding a eldar rifle could trade it to them.. hmm maybe a black market idea to get some cash might work tho but then the chances of getting what you want become to big i think

i will fight till Death, then i will fight Death itself

#3 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

Squeak Squeak Mother F***ers

• Administrators
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter, GWRS Governing Council
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 09:06 PM

So before I left the forum I was hearing a lot of talk about a warhammer MMO, now that Sega has the license for warhammer, do you think they will make one? Or is it just a bad idea all together?

Warhammer Online was the best PVP MMO ever made, it just sunk because EA made them release a year before they wanted to and the PVE content wasn't up to scratch at the time.

Now if Dark Millennium could even come close to that level of PVP perfection then they should go for it whole heatedly. However, there are a few issues.

1) The game studio which was making SM and DM was NOT purchased when THQ flew to bits

2) The 40K License was to THQ and was non-transferable, Sega is currently in negotiation to acquire it - SM2, DM and DoW3 are now in limbo because of the license.

3) MMOs are becoming less and less lucrative, we have so many of them now and most cannot survive. There's not enough players, and players are no longer willing to play $15 a month for them - that means freemium like Planetside 2. So if PS2 does well, it bodes well for DM

Do Not XBL-Message or PM Me Website or Community Issues/Requests.
Use The Support Centre Instead!

cruSig2.jpg

#4 Paladin Xenos

Paladin Xenos

For The Horde!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,373 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 09:10 PM

I can see where your coming from Crucias, hopefully things level out and Warhammer has its time to shine.
Posted Image

#5 Brother Iken

Brother Iken

Chief Librarian

• Members
  • Others: ,
  • 47 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 09:20 PM

if it does come out I wish I could play it but I can't because I only have this crappy laptop.
Posted Image

Change Theme!