Photo

Space Marine vs Spartan

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
21 replies to this topic

Poll: Who would win (1 member(s) have cast votes)

Who would win

1. Space Marine (23 votes [95.83%])

Percentage of vote: 95.83%

2. Spartan (1 votes [4.17%])

Percentage of vote: 4.17%

Vote

#1 Morentz01

Morentz01

Dark Apostle

• Members
  • Others: ,
  • Pip
  • 149 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 06:11 AM

After reading Space Marines vs Jedi, I wonder who would win in a fight between the Spartan and Space Marine. I personally would vote that the Space Marine would win in everything that was put on the table.
Cast down the idols! Destroy the temples! Slay the priests! Show these fools that they worship nothing more than a rotting corpse!

#2 Keiya

Keiya

Legatus Primus

• Interrogator
  • Others: Community Manager
  • 1,368 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 06:46 AM

As badass as Spartans are, (Spartan II's that is), a Space Marine would mop the floor. I think it's already been discussed elsewhere that even the Spartan Laser would have a hard time penetrating a Space Marines' armor.

Posted Image

"I scar my armor so that you may know, for I am a Templar of Blood."

#3 Ziet

Ziet

Guardian of the Great Angel's Tomb

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 933 posts
  • Xbox Live:reponinja666
  • Steam:ziet666
  • NDS Friend Code:1736-0763-4494

Posted 26 January 2013 - 06:47 AM

Lascannon... nuff said
Posted Image

#4 XVulkan He'stanX

XVulkan He'stanX

1st founding member

• Members
  • Others:
  • PipPip
  • 428 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 06:53 AM

Lascannon... nuff said

more like anything in the space marine arsenal nuff said. spartan armour has aparently a hard enough time stopping 5.56 rounds from an assault rifle let alone a 20+mm explosive missile
INTO THE FIRES OF BATTLE UNTO THE ANVIL OF WAR!

#5 Biohazard16

Biohazard16

JRDW Brony Rep

• Members
  • Others:
  • Pip
  • 166 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 07:31 AM

I mean, just taking setting into account should tell you who would win. Year 2552 or 40 freaking 000. Spartans are guardsman with a 4+ instead of 5+ save -_-
What is the strongest weapon of mankind? The god-machines of the Adeptus Mechanicus? No! The Astartes Legions? No! The tank? The lasgun? The fist? Not at all! Courage and courage alone stands above them all! -Lord Solar Macharius

#6 Brother Chewy

Brother Chewy

Marine

• Interrogator
  • 916 posts
  • Xbox Live:Vakarian58
  • Steam:SN Vakarian

Posted 26 January 2013 - 07:36 AM

SPARTANS WOOOOO!!!!
Posted Image

#7 Keiya

Keiya

Legatus Primus

• Interrogator
  • Others: Community Manager
  • 1,368 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 07:46 AM

Indeed. You're looking at THOUSANDS of years of technology. Lol.

Posted Image

"I scar my armor so that you may know, for I am a Templar of Blood."

#8 Authrix

Authrix

Chief Organ Thief

• Acolyte
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter
  • 3,926 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 08:27 AM

I vote space marine. Diamond tipped rocket-propelled mass-reactive shells say screw you to things much tougher than spartans, including orcs, chaos space marines, daemons and more.

Also, spartans run away. Space marines don't.

You need your head examined - CruciasNZ

Authrix stop making me spill things on my laptop with what you post - Pony

I cannot oblige Pony.

#9 GK MadMan

GK MadMan

brother of the legion of the damned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,362 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 08:53 AM

Tbh I tink a sm would win without armour lol. But yeah sm would win hands down in any situation.
But on the other hand if the spartan was transported to 40k universe ud find that the spartan is a space marine if u tink bout it.
With all the technology advances. A spartan is quite good already so if he got transported to 40k he/she had all the same stuff as a sm then ot would be a gd fight to watch

their armour was coloured black and upon it was drawn chilling images of bones and fire, and on their helm they bore skulls... Like the bones of men in the torment of purgatory they were, and yet not a sound did they make... 

#10 Authrix

Authrix

Chief Organ Thief

• Acolyte
  • 3,926 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 09:03 AM

Covenant grunt vs ork boy. Elite vs nob. A spartan couldn't deal with the things a space marine faces. Brinv in a daemon and the spartan would fold very quickly. Space marines are literally immune to fear, spartans are not.

I cannot oblige Pony.

#11 dx144

dx144

Amon Amarth, Sabaton, Red Army Choir and Ensiferum Fan

• Elite Member
  • 5,680 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 09:03 AM

Well a Spartan is someone who has been genetically enhanced to improve themselves in combat and shit.. They are kind of like proto-proto-Space Marines or something similar to that....

Didn't in Halo 4 say that was the next step to Human Evolution or something with the Spartan project?

Why don't we make everyone in Space Marines! That would be awesome! =P

Also yes a Space Marine would wipe the floor with them... A Space Marine would be able to use any weapon available to them and win... If they wanted to the Space Marine could best them to death with their fists.....

"You fiend, have I never encountered such corrupt and foul-minded perversity! Have you ever considered a career in the Church?" - The Baby-Eating Bishop of Bath and Wells

#12 GK MadMan

GK MadMan

brother of the legion of the damned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,362 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 09:23 AM

Covenant grunt vs ork boy. Elite vs nob. A spartan couldn't deal with the things a space marine faces. Brinv in a daemon and the spartan would fold very quickly. Space marines are literally immune to fear, spartans are not.

See to this I wont say ork vs grunt I would say grunt vs gretchin elite vs ork boy knight vs brute. Well for for the nobz n hard boys n stuff notink in the halo would last long vs these. Thts my view anyway :)

their armour was coloured black and upon it was drawn chilling images of bones and fire, and on their helm they bore skulls... Like the bones of men in the torment of purgatory they were, and yet not a sound did they make... 

#13 Authrix

Authrix

Chief Organ Thief

• Acolyte
  • 3,926 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 10:37 AM

Well, gretchin are about human sized. I guess that's fair, but that means the warboss won't ave noffin ta foight. An da boss loves a good foight almost as much as givin dem umies a good krumpin! XD

I cannot oblige Pony.

#14 dx144

dx144

• Elite Member
  • 5,680 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 10:54 AM

Well the Warboss would get to fight. He wouldn't get a challenge though.

"You fiend, have I never encountered such corrupt and foul-minded perversity! Have you ever considered a career in the Church?" - The Baby-Eating Bishop of Bath and Wells

#15 Authrix

Authrix

Chief Organ Thief

• Acolyte
  • 3,926 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 11:05 AM

The thing is, master cheef's skill is "being lucky". Any named Sm's is being badass.

I cannot oblige Pony.

#16 TechGerhard

TechGerhard

Cannon Fodder

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 608 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 02:25 PM

I'd go with the Space Marine. They have better equipment, armor, and weapons. (What'd you expect from the year 40 freaking 000.) They deal with multiple armies, each one larger than the covenant. And the fact that you can kill a spartan with modern weapons would probably foreshadow what a bolter could do.
Posted Image

#17 xxxblackspider

xxxblackspider

Kasrkin

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 618 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 03:11 PM

I honestly think that master chief might be able to beat an ork boy... but never more than one or two
Posted Image

#18 Brother Agatone

Brother Agatone

The Relentless

• Premium Member
  • Others:
  • 1,320 posts
  • Xbox Live:The Warmaster82

Posted 26 January 2013 - 06:16 PM

Why don't we make everyone in Space Marines! That would be awesome! =P

reproduction would be a problem though because technically space marines are not attracted to females because that was basically taken out of them, and we have no idea if the emperor modified their reproduction systems to create space marines, so this is pointless because then you space marine adults but mortal human babies. If he had thought about it the time he probably should have done this and then look you have billions more space marines and no imperial guard that have to be used as meat shields, oh and then there's the fact that if a million were to break off or more than you have a new Horus heresy with power comes doubt which breeds heresy you see you need mortals and you need space marine to be able to subdue them if necessary, so imagine a lot more chaos space marines.

Purge the heresy with the Emperor's fire of retribution. Destroy the mutant against the anvil of his wrath. Exterminate the xenos with the courage of humanity.

#19 dx144

dx144

• Elite Member
  • 5,680 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 06:35 PM

Well just ask Fabius to fix that stuff... Will probably end up with some fucked up experiment instead.... Good 'ol Fabius...

What was the last thing he was working on? Last I read about it was a clone of Horus but Abaddon got in a pissy fit about it....

#20 Doomdrinker1

Doomdrinker1

Brother Icarus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,571 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 06:43 PM

Space marine would win. Although the spartan armour is technicly better over all it does not offer the same protection as power armour not to mention the fact that space marines are generticly altered aswell.
Posted Image

Change Theme!