36 replies to this topic

#1 CotW

CotW

Busy Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,003 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 08:30 PM

Any of you ever play as a vampire? I'm thinking of doing it for the Vampire Mastered achievement but get frustrated each time I am infected and go out into the sun. It just seems to be a pain in the ass.

I thinking for the achievement sake I will just load an old file and spam killing hold guards until I get all the perks.
Who's like us?
Damn few, and they're all dead!

#2 dx144

dx144

Amon Amarth, Sabaton, Red Army Choir and Ensiferum Fan

• Elite Member
  • Others: ,
  • 5,680 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 09:25 PM

I tried to be a Vampire. Never really used any of the powers they get though.

When I did become a Lord Vampire I just hated the Magic...

Also firing a Dwarven improved Crossbow with enchantments into a Vampire is so much more fun =D

I have done it for a Werewolf. That is just have fun on a killing spree =D Don't forget to eat the people you kill =P

Also can you become a Werebear?

"You fiend, have I never encountered such corrupt and foul-minded perversity! Have you ever considered a career in the Church?" - The Baby-Eating Bishop of Bath and Wells

#3 JC 042

JC 042

Sons of The Fallen clan leader

• GWRS Governing Council
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter
  • 9,552 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 09:33 PM

From reviews the best way to have fun with this DLC is to play through it with a relatively new character.

Posted Image

JC: 99% Anime, 1% hot gas

#4 CotW

CotW

Busy Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,003 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 11:54 PM

I could see a new character designed to be a vampire from day one could be better. That way your whole playstyle will reflect it. Also gives you lots of quests to rack up the kills needed for the perks. I think I read somewhere it is over 160 people you need to drain life from.
Who's like us?

#5 REAPER xDAx

REAPER xDAx

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,446 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 04:22 AM

I could see a new character designed to be a vampire from day one could be better. That way your whole playstyle will reflect it. Also gives you lots of quests to rack up the kills needed for the perks. I think I read somewhere it is over 160 people you need to drain life from.

Let us know how you like playing as a Vampire. I went the werewolf way because most people said it was pretty badass.

#6 Lord Ariok

Lord Ariok

Chaos Lord

• GWRS Governing Council
  • 2,772 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 06:20 AM

ive got both werewolf and vampire and with the vampire Lord is awesome the drain life for me can kill an ancient dragon in 5 shots which is easier than hitting it while it makes you into a hot lunch
Posted Image

#7 JC 042

JC 042

Sons of The Fallen clan leader

• GWRS Governing Council
  • 9,552 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 07:19 AM

it is over 160 people you need to drain life from.

Sucks to be a bandit or forsworn :P

Posted Image

JC: 99% Anime, 1% hot gas

#8 dx144

dx144

• Elite Member
  • 5,680 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 07:41 AM

It always sucks to be a Forsworn or Bandit...

"You fiend, have I never encountered such corrupt and foul-minded perversity! Have you ever considered a career in the Church?" - The Baby-Eating Bishop of Bath and Wells

#9 Lord Ariok

Lord Ariok

Chaos Lord

• GWRS Governing Council
  • 2,772 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 10:14 AM

mainly because the forsworn don't like you (even if you help them) and bandits wants the shinyz although being a full on bad guy is even better and being a werewolf/vampire can give some good stories in your head when your boared :D
Posted Image

#10 Siddicus

Siddicus

Shadow Brother

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,286 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 05:31 PM

Sounds very interesting indeed, im gonna save up the points but my main question is do you bloody great vampire/ night lordy batwings? :D

And blood *nomnomnom*.
I am Fear Incarnate

Ave Dominus Nox!

#11 Lord Ariok

Lord Ariok

Chaos Lord

• GWRS Governing Council
  • 2,772 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 07:28 PM

well the wings arn't magnificant they look ok i suppose and if you stare at it long enough i suppose it would look like night lord wings
Posted Image

#12 CotW

CotW

Busy Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,003 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 08:43 PM

Well I got my vampire achievement but still hate being a vampire. Honestly I don't like the restrictions put on you, sure you have the arrows from dawnguard to make the sun friendly but it seems like a lot of work for little gain. Werewolf is much more fun.

I got the achievement by killing people in all the main holds on a separate save. The only one I didn't need to attack was Falkreath as I already killed most people there as a werewolf after a quest glitched and I got mad.
Who's like us?

#13 dx144

dx144

• Elite Member
  • 5,680 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 09:06 PM

No one likes where a quest glitches. All you can do is hope someone important who is involved in another quest isn't nearby or then it fucks up another quest then doubles the rage =P

#14 CotW

CotW

Busy Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,003 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 09:09 PM

Yep, my white phial quest has bugged up too with briar hearts being still listed as a quest item even with the related quest done. Fucking annoying!
Who's like us?

#15 Danguinius

Danguinius

Chaplain

• Members
  • Others:
  • Pip
  • 280 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 09:12 PM

I played a character through to a level 81 vampire lord. It was awesome. But you have to be an evil character.

Playing the dragon born dlc and bursting into a vampire as enemies morph into werewolves and having the classic horror movie duke out is fun!

I'm now playing from an earlier save and went down the werewolf route which isn't as fun. Will be curing my lycanthrope and becoming a vampire fairly soon.

It's esspecially good when you complete the vampire dawnguard main quest, which enriches the vampire experience.
Posted Image

Blood Angel since 1992

GamerTag: DanFZ604

#16 dx144

dx144

• Elite Member
  • 5,680 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 09:22 PM

Well I am stuck as a werewolf.

I was off to do the quest to get the Witches heads for the Companions and when I returned I had Serena with me who couldn't leave me because Dawnguard stuff was going on. So now the Companions are sat around the Harbringer's dead body waiting for me to do a quest I haven't been given....

So I can cure my Beast Blood by getting infected by Serena which I intend to do at the end of Dawnguard =)

#17 CotW

CotW

Busy Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,003 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 10:54 PM

Serena can always turn you into a vampire at any time not just during the Dawnguard quest.

I'm sure RPing as a vampire would be fun if you are in the mindset for it. I just don't like vampires I guess and so never really enjoyed the idea as playing as one. Werewolf for me was fun and interesting though my Nord wants Sovngarde when he dies so I cured myself.
Who's like us?

#18 dx144

dx144

• Elite Member
  • 5,680 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 11:32 PM

Well my guy is a Imperial who just came to explore as the Thalmor are in control to much of Cyrodil and heard that Skyrim was less occupied. Dertah helped the Imperial Legion take control of Skyrim just so he could help make it ready to have a battle with the Thalmor soon.

That is a little bit of back story on this character =)

I think it would just look a bit strange though. Joining a order to kill Vampires to then become a Vampire Lord... Could make it work I guess.... I just want to use some cool stuff I have to defeat the head vampire as a Werewolf that has amazing abilities and a ring that increases health regen =D

#19 Chaoslord1977

Chaoslord1977

Devourer of souls & melter of faces

• Members
  • Others:
  • Pip
  • 173 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 02:08 PM

"So now the Companions are sat around the Harbringer's dead body waiting for me to do a quest I haven't been given...." -dx144

I had this problem. I went hunting for the Silverhands anyway and lo when I found the buggers the quest resumed as normal, just to let you know its fixable mate If you hadn't already fixed it :)

"MEET MY FACEMELTER!"

#20 dx144

dx144

• Elite Member
  • 5,680 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 02:11 PM

Really! Well I know I can fix it but the question is where the fuck do I go =P

Change Theme!