Vizen The Scion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,777 posts
  • Xbox Live:Kite Arca
  • PSN:Kite Arca
  • Steam:Fives

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:45 AM

So a couple reason why I have stopped playing space marine I've been playing offline and in a bunch of games today

No there was no lag

But here's the reason in all the game there was nothing but ven lanuchers and melta guns now I can withstand this a few games but when it's all the time? Not to mention you had people with the melta recharge perk with is blah you combine that with a veng launcher and the game just became a little unfun so that's a couple reason why.
Posted Image
I hear you calling calling for me Queen of battle Infantry

#2 Iron K

Iron K

A Berserker's Soul in a Pacifist's Body!

• Premium Member
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter
  • 1,833 posts
  • Xbox Live:Iron K

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:03 AM

Ha.. The old melta-vengence combo... Personally I feel that people overestimate it. Sure, I hate the VL with a righteous fury, but that also means I know how to bring down quick and painful death on any user of it. And melta is just so predictable that it's boring. Sure, it kills you, but predictable all the same.

Best solution is to go asshole-style with a PlasmaCannon, or my personal favorite; commando with fully upgraded Bolter/Stalker.

Then again, I have always found that the Chainaxe takes care of any problem that would stand in my way. Or at least cut it in half. :P

But don't let those things stop you. Okay, so a majority of players have snowed in on the slightly unbalanced weapons of the game. That doesn't mean you should quit. Keep playing, evolve, and show everyone that true skills will crush any weapon any time. You know you're there when you use your combat blade to rip some new breathing holes on a VL or Melta user.

Warp be Damned, I miss playing Space Marine... >.<

Posted Image

#3 Kite Arca

Kite Arca

Vizen The Scion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,777 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:08 AM

True iron but a couple days ago I was give a month card so I made a new account and have been playing on the account for a couple days now think I'm what lvl 11 on it? So that means I got no skills or weapons lol so if I had all perks and weapons haha
Posted Image

#4 Opeth Of Epica

Opeth Of Epica

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,482 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:13 AM

And this is why I've stopped playing the game, it's a fucking disgrase for me to watch any lobby in Space Marine now.

#5 Kite Arca

Kite Arca

Vizen The Scion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,777 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:21 AM

Ah Opeth lol

Off topic: Opeth what lvl and where are you in dark souls?
Posted Image

#6 Iron K

Iron K

• Premium Member
  • 1,833 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:25 AM

You will always have your skills! The level means nothing!
Sure, you may lack the equipment, but that should not be a problem. The Bolt pistol, Stalker Bolter and frag grenades still work as well without perks, and that is a truly deadly combination.
Besides, is there anything more satisfying than killing your opponent with a "lvl 1" Bolter? :P

Basically what I'm saying is: Don't give up because of the way that everyone else plays the game. You can improve, and show those thumb suckers what the game is really about! The best part of the game is to face new opponents with new tactics, so that you yourself must evolve, change your ways, and overcome! They might play the game with their trigger-finger, but if you play with all your might, and all your cunning, they shall fall before your feet!

Also, I haven't had time to face you yet, and it would suck if you would stop playing before I make it back online.. :P

Posted Image

#7 Kite Arca

Kite Arca

Vizen The Scion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,777 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:30 AM

Haha iron i am no where near as skilled as what I once was I did hold the title as one of the best assault marines on gothicwars I did say "one" of the best but I can't say I'd win any 1v1 now haha
Posted Image

#8 Iron K

Iron K

• Premium Member
  • 1,833 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:40 AM

Blech... Modesty.. How awful. How can you "say" that without getting a bad taste in your mouth..?

Posted Image

#9 Kite Arca

Kite Arca

Vizen The Scion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,777 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:43 AM

I'm not sure I follow my friend are you speaking about my honesty in my speaking of my skills?
Posted Image

#10 Brother Chewy

Brother Chewy

Marine

• Interrogator
  • 916 posts
  • Xbox Live:Vakarian58
  • Steam:SN Vakarian

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:44 AM

im with kite that shit got annoying real fast that why ya dont see me playing any more, that and catty kicked my ass around manufactiorm so much i can still see the blood stains even when im in a multiplayer lobby...
Posted Image

#11 Iron K

Iron K

• Premium Member
  • 1,833 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 11:05 AM

I'm not sure I follow my friend are you speaking about my honesty in my speaking of my skills?

Modesty is for the weak.. Honesty, and modesty is two different things. I can honestly say that I suck at Golf (Never played it..), but I can't be modest. Either I'm good, half-assed, or plain bad. Modesty is just a degradation of your own skill.

If you held the title, you surly have the skills to try and take it back!

that and catty kicked my ass around manufactiorm so much i can still see the blood stains even when im in a multiplayer lobby...

HA! :P

But Catty is a prime example of being too Modest. She is badass, many can testify to this. Still, if you ask her, she would say that she is "pretty good, I guess"... -.-'

Posted Image

#12 Opeth Of Epica

Opeth Of Epica

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,482 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 11:08 AM

Basically what I'm saying is: Don't give up because of the way that everyone else plays the game. You can improve, and show those thumb suckers what the game is really about! The best part of the game is to face new opponents with new tactics, so that you yourself must evolve, change your ways, and overcome! They might play the game with their trigger-finger, but if you play with all your might, and all your cunning, they shall fall before your feet!

Iron, it's common fact that this game has turned into a broken weapon/Rapid spaming war. Those weapons give people enough advantage that skill means fuck all in this game anymore. I can butcher (and I do) people all day and it still won't resolve in a win because they use broken weapon spam/Rapid spam. You say about evolving and changing tactics but this game has stopped evolving because a team that is against another team that uses broken weapons and/or spams Rapid has to use broken weapons and/or Rapid or they are going to lose no questions asked unless the opposing team are terrible at Space Marine. Players like Ariock, you and Biohazard are the players that I love to face because they don't use broken shit and they make Space Marine a game that evolving can actually happen and skill actually matters.

It's evident that no one gives a shit about these values above that I believe in and convey to others so i'm not bothering anymore. I had fun with the game, had some great 1v1's and now it's time to stop. For me, every player who uses one of the 'broken 7' things on Space Marine is a dagger in the heart in a game I once loved.

Off topic: To answer your question Kite I finished Dark Souls in 10 days and I finished at level 87 I think.

#13 Brother Chewy

Brother Chewy

Marine

• Interrogator
  • 916 posts
  • Xbox Live:Vakarian58
  • Steam:SN Vakarian

Posted 03 January 2013 - 11:11 AM

well back in the day when SM was still a pretty intresting game to play i used to be a pretty pro Assault... but then i found BF3 and all my skills when down the drain
Catty is a good player and she is way to modest with her skills ive seen here in a couple matches and even then she was whooping some ass on the battle field

Posted Image

#14 Iron K

Iron K

• Premium Member
  • 1,833 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 11:38 AM

Has the game really fallen so since I disappeared?
It saddens me to hear, and I can all but hope that it will change once more, but for the better..

I still can't help missing playing the game online though.. :P
I need my daily dose of chain induced death, or I get cranky.. :D

Btw Chewy, Catty is blushing like a rose when reading your post. Soo modest...

Posted Image

#15 Prosperan Son

Prosperan Son

Grand Apostle Narak of the Word Bearers

• Elite Member
  • 1,749 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 11:58 AM

Iron, it's common fact that this game has turned into a broken weapon/Rapid spaming war. Those weapons give people enough advantage that skill means fuck all in this game anymore. I can butcher (and I do) people all day and it still won't resolve in a win because they use broken weapon spam/Rapid spam. You say about evolving and changing tactics but this game has stopped evolving because a team that is against another team that uses broken weapons and/or spams Rapid has to use broken weapons and/or Rapid or they are going to lose no questions asked unless the opposing team are terrible at Space Marine. Players like Ariock, you and Biohazard are the players that I love to face because they don't use broken shit and they make Space Marine a game that evolving can actually happen and skill actually matters.

It's evident that no one gives a shit about these values above that I believe in and convey to others so i'm not bothering anymore. I had fun with the game, had some great 1v1's and now it's time to stop. For me, every player who uses one of the 'broken 7' things on Space Marine is a dagger in the heart in a game I once loved.

Off topic: To answer your question Kite I finished Dark Souls in 10 days and I finished at level 87 I think.

What's evident to me is that you haven't payed close attention to some of the other chapters and warbands here or at least forgotten how some of us are. This game is evolving whether you can see it or not. No a team that goes against a Rapid Deploy/Melta team has to use the same tactics, that's just taking the easy way out, and you'll never find a single Alpha Legionnaire crossing that path.

The Alpha Legion follows the old ways, No matter what team we go against, no matter what tactics they use, win or lose, we'll go into it with our heads raised high knowing we did so without a single cheap perk. So you'll have to forgive me if I agree with your statement, but both I and my Legion understand and follow the old values, whether anyone else does or not, and we can take pride in that, and you can ask anyone that was ever part of the legion or close to it to confirm that.

Edit: Meant to say disagree
“A king must live a life more vivid than any other and be a figure for all to admire! The king is the one who collects the envy of all his heroes and stands as their guide! Therefore, the king is not alone. For his will equals that of all his followers combined!”

#16 Opeth Of Epica

Opeth Of Epica

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,482 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 12:11 PM

What's evident to me is that you haven't payed close attention to some of the other chapters and warbands here or at least forgotten how some of us are. This game is evolving whether you can see it or not. No a team that goes against a Rapid Deploy/Melta team has to use the same tactics, that's just taking the easy way out, and you'll never find a single Alpha Legionnaire crossing that path.

The Alpha Legion follows the old ways, No matter what team we go against, no matter what tactics they use, win or lose, we'll go into it with our heads raised high knowing we did so without a single cheap perk. So you'll have to forgive me if I agree with your statement, but both I and my Legion understand and follow the old values, whether anyone else does or not, and we can take pride in that, and you can ask anyone that was ever part of the legion or close to it to confirm that.

I never seen your Chapter play (probably time zone differences are the reason for this) and i'm aware a few still follow those morals but lets face it, we're in the minority.

#17 GREEN M00SE

GREEN M00SE

Guardsmen

• Members
  • Others:
  • PipPip
  • 555 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 12:47 PM

I have to agree with Prosperan Son, their are still chapters out there that believe in a honest fight without cheap cheezy tricks. Win or loose the Legion of the Damned will continue to fight the good old fashion clean fight. Furthermore I have to say we have had, and continue to have many pleasurable/clean fights with decent chapters that feel the same way as we do. So don't give up on the game just yet :)

Posted Image

In Dedicato Imperatum Ultra Articulo Mortis

#18 Prosperan Son

Prosperan Son

• Elite Member
  • 1,749 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 02:24 PM

I never seen your Chapter play (probably time zone differences are the reason for this) and i'm aware a few still follow those morals but lets face it, we're in the minority.

And that's supposed to impede us? If anything we should take pride in that fact. I'm proud to play the way I do and the way my Legion does, and if we're in the minority, then at least we can say that we've still maintained our honor.
“A king must live a life more vivid than any other and be a figure for all to admire! The king is the one who collects the envy of all his heroes and stands as their guide! Therefore, the king is not alone. For his will equals that of all his followers combined!”

#19 Opeth Of Epica

Opeth Of Epica

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,482 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 03:02 PM

And that's supposed to impede us? If anything we should take pride in that fact. I'm proud to play the way I do and the way my Legion does, and if we're in the minority, then at least we can say that we've still maintained our honor.

Honour means nothing if your enjoyment of the game is gone because of it. After 9 months of dealing with broken guns/Rapid Redeploy it just got to a point where I simply don't care and I'm not going to become a hypocrite and 'fight fire with fire'.

#20 Prosperan Son

Prosperan Son

• Elite Member
  • 1,749 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 03:51 PM

Whether you leave or not, won't change a thing. I refuse to accept that this game has nothing left. I still see lobbies where the game is played properly, though they are few, and even if people think this game is dying, I've seen plenty of new and promising players. 9 months from now( If the servers still function.) I'll still be playing this game online, even if it's just down to only clan battles.

Change Theme!