16 replies to this topic

#1 Vaeroth

Vaeroth

Iron Father

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 244 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 08:14 AM

While I was looking through the various Space Marine chapters that have been published over the years I noticed a very interesting one called the Exorcists, to my understanding they are an Inquisitorial project to make a cheap Grey Knight by using "Daemonic Possession Therapy" (which makes them better at fighting Daemons). I absolutely love this chapter's background story and their blood red armor, so needless to say I decided to make an Exorcist army for the table-top. Since there isn't a whole lot of canon info on the Exorcists it leaves some wiggle room as to what I can do with them (e.g. I could use the GK Codex or maybe the Black Templar one). Now how do I model them? OK so they have a close relationship with the Inquisition and a possible connection to the Grey Knights so it wouldn't be too crazy to use some GK bitz when modeling them right? I mean if the Exorcists are essentially a more cost effective Grey Knight then they probably would use the standard SM weapons, however the line "equipped with the weapons of an Exorcist" from the Lexicanum could mean they get something more (Personally I think this means their weapons have been blessed or something rather than getting access to GK gear). Anyway what are your thoughts on the Exorcist chapter? http://wh40k.lexican...ts#.UN_2_XcRAvs
[IMG]http://i1354.photobucket.com/albums/q695/DeusEstMachina/DeusEstMachinaGW_zps19aa0565.jpg[/img]

#2 GK MadMan

GK MadMan

brother of the legion of the damned

• Members
  • Others: ,
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,362 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 09:47 AM

Hey buddy I have an exorcists models I recently started collecting them. They are like u sed a wicked chapter. I use the gk codex but I was talking to a guy whos a fan as well he sed that he use the chaos codex which suits them quite well. The exorcists r a calm chapter till they go into battle then they go frenzied and mad.plud they use chaos weaponary as well.
I use gk body parts but I mix it up with gk helmets and weapons but still they have their style if you know what I mean.
Have a look on the web for info bolter n chainsword r good.
If you need the shoulder pads for them look on the web for a company called chapterhouse studios I tink ( its definietly chapterhouse sometink ) they r the only company thst makes the shoulder pads for the exorcists and they are amaxing quality.

their armour was coloured black and upon it was drawn chilling images of bones and fire, and on their helm they bore skulls... Like the bones of men in the torment of purgatory they were, and yet not a sound did they make... 

#3 SpecSlaughter22

SpecSlaughter22

Bearer of the Redemption of St. Sulech

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,260 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 10:09 AM

absolutely love the idea of the exorcists and even made armor sets for both space marine and chaos versions lol if i ever left the deathwatch i would found this chapter( me leaving is probably never gonna happen) but i still like running it in publics. if you ever see me running red and white for space marine and red and gold thats the armor im talking about. the fact that they can kill like so many demons to one space marine death is awesome to me. and in my mind if they can do that to demons what can they do to everything else? plus the fact that they have the possibility to let the demon take over just adds to the fluff. i just wish there was more of a back story to thwm and an actual tale to be told ya know? anyways thanks for bringing them up. good to know i know a fellow fan :-)
I do not forget.
I do not forgive.
I am always watching.
Expect me.
Posted Image

#4 Vaeroth

Vaeroth

Iron Father

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 244 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 10:22 AM

Hey buddy I have an exorcists models I recently started collecting them. They are like u sed a wicked chapter. I use the gk codex but I was talking to a guy whos a fan as well he sed that he use the chaos codex which suits them quite well. The exorcists r a calm chapter till they go into battle then they go frenzied and mad.plud they use chaos weaponary as well.
I use gk body parts but I mix it up with gk helmets and weapons but still they have their style if you know what I mean.
Have a look on the web for info bolter n chainsword r good.
If you need the shoulder pads for them look on the web for a company called chapterhouse studios I tink ( its definietly chapterhouse sometink ) they r the only company thst makes the shoulder pads for the exorcists and they are amaxing quality.

http://chapterhouses...y&path=85_86_96 Thanks! I was wondering what I should do for the left pauldron, now my Exorcists will look awesome. :) I'm going to try using Codex: Space Marines (with house rules like Hatred Daemons and bonus to Deny the Witch) but if that doesn't pan out then I'll try C:GK.
[IMG]http://i1354.photobucket.com/albums/q695/DeusEstMachina/DeusEstMachinaGW_zps19aa0565.jpg[/img]

#5 trophicmocha

trophicmocha

Supreme Sorcerer Lord of the Thousand Sons

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 767 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 11:23 AM

I have only just noticed the description given about them in the space marine codex, but this is fasinating stuff and will check out theses sites for more info as i was looking for a chapter to do for my other marine army.
Fulgrim is our Lord, Slaanesh is our master, free your senses

#6 GK MadMan

GK MadMan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,362 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 11:27 AM

When I have made the chapter master n his daemon hunters squard I ll try n post a pic up on here n c what you guys tink.
But yeah the pads for the exorcists r amazing saves me trying to put transfer down I cant do them for s**t lol.
I love the chapter they r co plete bad asses of the space marines.
But also check silas alberac ( I tink thats how you spell it ) hes the captain of the 3rd company hes a complete bad ass tooalso they can use daemon weaponary as well. So they screw daemons over even more lol

their armour was coloured black and upon it was drawn chilling images of bones and fire, and on their helm they bore skulls... Like the bones of men in the torment of purgatory they were, and yet not a sound did they make... 

#7 Vaeroth

Vaeroth

Iron Father

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 244 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 07:16 PM

As soon as I can get those bad-ass pauldrons for my squad I'll post a pic of them. For now check out this guy's Exorcists Posted Image

#8 Iron Hand

Iron Hand

Lord Of Medusa

• Members
  • Others:
  • 88 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 07:17 PM

As soon as I can get those bad-ass pauldrons for my squad I'll post a pic of them. For now check out this guy's Exorcists

Those are awesome

Postad bild

#9 Vaeroth

Vaeroth

Iron Father

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 244 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 07:30 PM

As soon as I can get those bad-ass pauldrons for my squad I'll post a pic of them. For now check out this guy's Exorcists

Those are awesome

I know right? I don't know who this guy is but those are the most bad-ass Exorcists I've ever seen.

#10 GK MadMan

GK MadMan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,362 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 07:56 PM

Yeah they are awesome.

#11 DTdante2787

DTdante2787

I will never be a memory

• Interrogator
  • 1,886 posts
  • Xbox Live:dtdante2787
  • Steam:nightlorddante
  • Social Groups:Night Lords

Posted 30 December 2012 - 10:38 PM

I've loved this chapter since I heard of them. 3rd favorite after Space Wolves and Night Lords. The name alone just says these guys are awesome

I'd love to make a squad myself, but as of late, haven't had the cash. Can't wait to see what you come up with dude

I would suggest mixing in some Chaos Marine parts as well as GK ones as these guys definitely walk on the line. Templars and Blood Ravens seem a good idea as well. You might find some stuff to use on the Scibor Miniatures site too

raptor_by_artimac-d4xg7cccopy_zps5623e7c

#12 Vaeroth

Vaeroth

Iron Father

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 244 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 07:50 AM

http://wh40k.lexican...st#.UOE89XcRAvs Have you guys seen this stuff? Radical Inquisitors, daemonhosts I hadn't realized the "Grim Dark Future" of the 41st millennium was so dark... well its a good thing I like dark. :D Anyway this just gave me some cool ideas on what my "radical" Exorcist Chapter is going to be doing, dabbling in chaos spells and stealing awesome Hellblades from Bloodletters, "chaos against chaos" just might be their motto. Its a shame I can't take elements from three different codices (SM, GK, CSM), how bout an Exorcist expansion anyone?

#13 Vaeroth

Vaeroth

Iron Father

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 244 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 06:41 PM

Well I ordered some Exorcists pauldrons from Chapter House Studios (thanks again Hugo), sadly they only had five in stock so its going to be more like a squad then an actual company.

#14 DTdante2787

DTdante2787

I will never be a memory

• Interrogator
  • 1,886 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 07:04 PM

It's a start. You know, if you feel up to it, you can use those pauldrons to make molds to stamp more of them on virgin pads. Just get some green stuff and viola! Instant emblem to make as many as you want of

#15 GK MadMan

GK MadMan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,362 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 07:44 PM

Tht prob cos I ordered like 40 for my guys lol. I had to make it worth my while for the shipping was expensive

#16 Vaeroth

Vaeroth

Iron Father

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 244 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 08:58 PM

It's a start. You know, if you feel up to it, you can use those pauldrons to make molds to stamp more of them on virgin pads. Just get some green stuff and viola! Instant emblem to make as many as you want of

I'll have to give that a try.

#17 DTdante2787

DTdante2787

I will never be a memory

• Interrogator
  • 1,886 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 03:22 PM

Remember to test it out a few times before doing it on the actual figure

Change Theme!