21 replies to this topic

#1 LeadCrazySam

LeadCrazySam

Hero of #GothicWars

• Premium Member
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter
  • 1,878 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 09:41 AM

Last night, a few of us from the Angel Sanguine and a few thousand suns were in a public lobby, in game chat. ALL players except one or two were in game chat, talking, pointing out tactics, contributing. All being friendly.

It was an amazing sight. I haven't lost hope.

Posted Image

#2 GK MadMan

GK MadMan

brother of the legion of the damned

• Members
  • Others: ,
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,362 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 09:48 AM

It waa good and we managed to get 2 more recuits for it. Guys we got to keep this game alive. Alot of randins dont know bout the chapters being run. Get out and get in game chat not party even if the randoms can hear you it can make a difference.

their armour was coloured black and upon it was drawn chilling images of bones and fire, and on their helm they bore skulls... Like the bones of men in the torment of purgatory they were, and yet not a sound did they make... 

#3 REAPER xDAx

REAPER xDAx

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,446 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 10:11 AM

It waa good and we managed to get 2 more recuits for it. Guys we got to keep this game alive. Alot of randins dont know bout the chapters being run. Get out and get in game chat not party even if the randoms can hear you it can make a difference.

Sounds like a good idea that your chapter has come up with.

#4 LeadCrazySam

LeadCrazySam

Hero of #GothicWars

• Premium Member
  • 1,878 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 12:35 PM

Oh, also Green moose was in with us. Sorry if I forgot anyone else. :P

Posted Image

#5 trophicmocha

trophicmocha

Supreme Sorcerer Lord of the Thousand Sons

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 767 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 02:02 PM

Was there with you sam, one more reason why i hate that lascannon of yours bloody brutal mate every corner i went around you seemed to be there, but yeah mate i agree we should do more talking in game chat in public matches and raise awareness more.
Fulgrim is our Lord, Slaanesh is our master, free your senses

#6 primark bladent

primark bladent

Meatshield

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 02:08 PM

HERE HERE ONLY WAY TO MAINTAIN SAY IS TO PLAY... SINCERLY primark bladent inate

HERE HERE ONLY WAY TO MAINTAIN SAY IS TO PLAY... SINCERLY primark bladent inate

primark bladent, Glorified Meatshield In The Gothic Wars Since Dec 2012.

#7 Master Romulous

Master Romulous

Dark Angels Chapter Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,315 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 03:42 PM

There is hope in public lobbies, some.

Until the Dark Angels roll in :D

Im the guy with the beard ;)
Posted Image

#8 xxxblackspider

xxxblackspider

Kasrkin

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 618 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 09:34 PM

The only people who think that space marine is dead are inactives and people who got turned off by getting their asses kicked by organized chapters *cough cough*... :P
Posted Image

#9 Authrix

Authrix

Chief Organ Thief

• Acolyte
  • 3,926 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 09:47 PM

It's not dead.

Trust me, I've had enough randos on my team dragging it down to know.

You need your head examined - CruciasNZ

Authrix stop making me spill things on my laptop with what you post - Pony

I cannot oblige Pony.

#10 xxxblackspider

xxxblackspider

Kasrkin

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 618 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 10:06 PM

^^^
Posted Image

#11 Siddicus

Siddicus

Shadow Brother

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,286 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:47 PM

Indeed.

And it was fun monday night too when the Angel Sanguine and Night Lords met :D.

I've noticed alot of newbloods on there, it is truely amazing but how long that will last there's no telling.
I am Fear Incarnate

Ave Dominus Nox!

#12 Commander Mongo

Commander Mongo

Lord Commander: Death Korps of Krieg

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 689 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 06:14 PM

I've been at this for a while now for the chapters I represented, pulling randoms into chats and private games to review weapons and loadouts, this is still the case even though I have no formal ties to any faction. I have about 7 guys currently who have no homes and I would be happy to funnel them and any future neophytes into whatever chapters are interested.
Kumbaya... MOTHERFUCKER.

#13 LeadCrazySam

LeadCrazySam

Hero of #GothicWars

• Premium Member
  • 1,878 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 09:04 PM

As long as their active, I don't mind speaking to Hugo about it :P

Posted Image

#14 Authrix

Authrix

Chief Organ Thief

• Acolyte
  • 3,926 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 09:06 PM

I've been at this for a while now for the chapters I represented, pulling randoms into chats and private games to review weapons and loadouts, this is still the case even though I have no formal ties to any faction. I have about 7 guys currently who have no homes and I would be happy to funnel them and any future neophytes into whatever chapters are interested.

Both the Angels of Redemption and the Disciples of Caliban could use new recruits if they're going.

You need your head examined - CruciasNZ

Authrix stop making me spill things on my laptop with what you post - Pony

I cannot oblige Pony.

#15 LeadCrazySam

LeadCrazySam

Hero of #GothicWars

• Premium Member
  • 1,878 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 09:20 PM

Yeah actually, They need them more :P

Posted Image

#16 WarmasterStuvis

WarmasterStuvis

The Eternal Swordman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 506 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 10:40 PM

I think all Chapters are at least recruiting, if not on a recruitment drive. Probably best just to get them signed up on GW and let them decide and apply from there. Just make sure they know not to stay away from Rom and the DA ;) 
* Know to stay away from Rom and the DA, even :s

Tip of the day: avoid posting after a 12 hour shift and 3gs of whizz ;)
Loyalist, traitor, I care not; you all look the same on the end of my sword.

#17 Commander Mongo

Commander Mongo

Lord Commander: Death Korps of Krieg

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 689 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 11:26 PM

I think all Chapters are at least recruiting, if not on a recruitment drive. Probably best just to get them signed up on GW and let them decide and apply from there. Just make sure they know not to stay away from Rom and the DA ;) 
* Know to stay away from Rom and the DA, even :s

Tip of the day: avoid posting after a 12 hour shift and 3gs of whizz ;)

This is basically my plan, and why I posted about it. I have just been holding off getting them signed up until 1 I was sure that there was still a demand for new blood (as I've been away from gothic for a but now) and 2 I was just waiting until I had a little more time to be there for them( as in walk them through the sign up and give them a walk through of the site and the basic rules. I have had a few ppl tell me they had a hard time at first navigating and understanding the site). We had a role for this on the enjin site, where two ppl would basically act as a mentor for the new blood, looking to do the same thing, but for the the whole of gw, not just chapter level. I know cru, and the mods do this, but they are already heavily burdened as it is, and now at least I know I have the constant availability to ensure a smooth induction...

And FTR, none of this post was conveyed with condescension, or sarcasm... If it came off that way it's because I just finished a 48 hour shift.

Kumbaya... MOTHERFUCKER.

#18 Emporer469

Emporer469

Merc commander

• Interrogator
  • 3,560 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 12:06 AM

Well its great to hear that the game hasn't completely died and were still getting people who still love space marine i might as well put the game back in one of these days

Emporer469, I use to be a spacemarine just like you but then i took a taser to the Knee.
love being a mercenary in sanctum

#19 LeadCrazySam

LeadCrazySam

Hero of #GothicWars

• Premium Member
  • 1,878 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 12:11 AM

Play it. You muusussstt!

Posted Image

#20 Kite Arca

Kite Arca