14 replies to this topic

#1 Siddicus

Siddicus

Shadow Brother

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,286 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 07:24 PM

I found a vid on XBL the othernight of a leering Night Lord standing over a naked mortal ready to deliver the death blow but i could'nt find it on here :( anyways here's another tribute.
I am Fear Incarnate

Ave Dominus Nox!

#2 dx144

dx144

Amon Amarth, Sabaton, Red Army Choir and Ensiferum Fan

• Elite Member
  • Others: ,
  • 5,680 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 08:30 PM

very nice! This has made me want to do things involving Space Marines/Chaos Space Marine or facing some campers and quickscopers on call of duty modern warfare three did that... I do like it at 2:00 where that Tau bitch is about to get *CENSORED*... Still great find =) I think I might have to go and find a Chaos tribute to a legion maybe the coolest legion Thousand Sons post-heresy!

"You fiend, have I never encountered such corrupt and foul-minded perversity! Have you ever considered a career in the Church?" - The Baby-Eating Bishop of Bath and Wells

#3 JC 042

JC 042

Sons of The Fallen clan leader

• GWRS Governing Council
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter
  • 9,552 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 08:38 PM

I like the: "Happy Landing" sais a Raptor to a guardsmen before dropping him.

Rofl :D

Posted Image

JC: 99% Anime, 1% hot gas

#4 dx144

dx144

Amon Amarth, Sabaton, Red Army Choir and Ensiferum Fan

• Elite Member
  • Others: ,
  • 5,680 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 08:51 PM

Agreed that made me laugh. =D

"You fiend, have I never encountered such corrupt and foul-minded perversity! Have you ever considered a career in the Church?" - The Baby-Eating Bishop of Bath and Wells

#5 Bayard

Bayard

night lord tactical

• Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 11:36 PM

nice find. but dx you are mistaken the best legion is alpha legion
Night Lord tactical of Death Claw

#6 Armoured Priest

Armoured Priest

Man in the long black coat

• Administrators
  • Others: GWRS Governing Council
  • 10,192 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 12:05 AM

You are all wrong, the best is [please insert legion name].

Burning, Stabbing, Devouring, Changing, Resurrecting and creating in Sanctuary
We have such sights to show you...

SignatureBurias_zpsafd03a97.jpg

#7 J NOSK36

J NOSK36

The poniest of all ponies... PONY PONY PONY PONY

• Acolyte
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 12:11 AM

No priest! No more fluffy fluff wars lol
Posted Image

I am the Night!!!!!!!

#IllumiGothic

#8 Domine Nox

Domine Nox

Regent of Ultramar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,950 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 12:29 AM

Really that depends on how you are categorizing 'best.' Every Legion possesses strengths of one form or another in various areas. Looking at Chaos Night Lords are best at Shock Tactics and Raptors. World Eaters best melee. Alpha Legion best structure and reconnaissance. Word Bearers best relations with Chaos. Death Guard best life insurance policy. Iron Warriors best siege and counter siege tactics. Thousand Sons best sorcerers. Emperor's Children... best R&R options?

Posted Image

Nolo mihi libet sis multo felis.

#9 Armoured Priest

Armoured Priest

• Administrators
  • 10,192 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 12:33 AM

More like BDSM when it comes to them.

We have such sights to show you...

SignatureBurias_zpsafd03a97.jpg

#10 JC 042

JC 042

• GWRS Governing Council
  • 9,552 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 07:28 AM

Really that depends on how you are categorizing 'best.' Every Legion possesses strengths of one form or another in various areas. Looking at Chaos Night Lords are best at Shock Tactics and Raptors. World Eaters best melee. Alpha Legion best structure and reconnaissance. Word Bearers best relations with Chaos. Death Guard best life insurance policy. Iron Warriors best siege and counter siege tactics. Thousand Sons best sorcerers. Emperor's Children... best R&R options?

If its pre heresy your on about Blood Angels are the best shock troops (and they still are, BLITZKRIEG!) they had serious grudge matches against the World Eaters, and Night Lords use terror tactics not shock tactics.

Posted Image

#11 Domine Nox

Domine Nox

Regent of Ultramar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,950 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 07:42 AM

If its pre heresy your on about Blood Angels are the best shock troops (and they still are, BLITZKRIEG!) they had serious grudge matches against the World Eaters, and Night Lords use terror tactics not shock tactics.

Looking at Chaos

Blood Angels are Chaos? That's certainly news to me.

This societal philosophy translated into the military tactics of swift, sudden and decisive strikes often carried out to excess, as well as making sure the enemy knew who had hit them. The Night Lords therefore developed a practice of regularly using excessive force

Looks like shock tactics to me.

Blitzkrieg (German, "lightning war"; About this sound listen (help·info)) is an anglicised word[1][2][3][Notes 1] describing all-motorised force concentration of tanks, infantry, artillery, combat engineers and air power, concentrating overwhelming force at high speed to break through enemy lines, and, once the lines are broken, proceeding without regard to its flank. Through constant motion, the blitzkrieg attempts to keep its enemy off-balance, making it difficult to respond effectively at any given point before the front has already moved on.

Yep, think so.

Also the Night Lords are one of the main reasons Assault troops are as common as they are in 40k. Since they revolutionized the use of jump packs with their Raptors.

The origins of this particular specialty group can be traced to the bygone days of the Horus Heresy when they played the important shock attack role of jump troops. At that time jump packs were comparatively rare amongst the Space Marine Legions, but such was the effectiveness of these assault troops that their commitment to battle often proved to be the turning point.

Emphasis again on shock

Posted Image

#12 JC 042

JC 042

• GWRS Governing Council
  • 9,552 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 07:55 AM

Blood Angels in the codex itself describes the definition of shock troops and the grudge between World Eaters on who is more furious. Blood Angels are FAR more famous for Jump Packs, we actually believe we HAVE wings, and most Blood Angels get into fights on who should be the one to suffer joining a bike squad and giving up their gene based deire to fly like their primarch.

Posted Image

#13 Domine Nox

Domine Nox

Regent of Ultramar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,950 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 08:05 AM

Looking at Chaos

So again, Blood Angels are Chaos?

Shock troops or assault troops are formations created to lead an attack. "Shock troop" is a loose translation[1] of the German word Stoßtrupp. Military units which contain assault troops are typically organized for mobility with the intention that they will penetrate through enemy defenses and attack into the enemy's vulnerable rear areas.

They may have had a rivalry with the World Eaters during the crusade, but present World Eaters are far from 'mobility oriented.' While the Night Lords very much are.

the World Eaters tend to throw themselves as a whole force in the middle of battle.

vs

The Night Lords are masters of stealth, able to infiltrate a position quickly and silently.

The Night Lords adopted the modus operandi of their Primarch without exception, and thrive in sowing fear and confusion among their enemy. It is common practice for Night Lords Chaos Space Marines to ensure that the communications of a target planet are shut down, broadcasting hideous messages and screams across the airwaves as they begin slaughtering the occupants at their leisure. It is very rare that the Night Lords voluntarily fight a force able to withstand them; they much prefer to attack the weak and frightened.

Infact reading this next bit about the Blood Angels

The companies of the Blood Angels generally fight in a similar fashion as most other Space Marine forces, with a tendency toward aggressive and decisive spaceborne and planetary assault actions utilising highly mobile forces.

This sounds almost identical to..

This societal philosophy translated into the military tactics of swift, sudden and decisive strikes often carried out to excess, as well as making sure the enemy knew who had hit them. The Night Lords therefore developed a practice of regularly using excessive force

So yeah..

But all that aside...

Looking at Chaos

That is the most relevant and important quote.

Posted Image

#14 Talon Lord Othrim

Talon Lord Othrim

WARMASTER, Commander of the Night Lords.

• Elite Member
  • 3,234 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 08:16 AM

Nox do not post in this thread again!!!! Your Talon Lord has spoke, Your knowledge is admirable, thankyou. Now retire to your quarters!!

(hope this helps you Nox lol)
Posted ImageUploaded with ImageShack.com

#15 Armoured Priest

Armoured Priest

• Administrators
  • 10,192 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 12:15 PM

Dear gods what have I done!?!?

Sent from my SCH-I405 using Tapatalk