Photo

Bad Guys! (IH)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
11 replies to this topic

#1 Iron K

Iron K

A Berserker's Soul in a Pacifist's Body!

• Premium Member
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter
  • 1,833 posts
  • Xbox Live:Iron K

Posted 03 October 2012 - 07:00 PM

They are in every movie. The "Bad Guy". They can range from the rival in the struggle for a girls heart, to an evil super genius who tries to conquer the world with an over-complicated plan. Some of them are truly horrendous, while other are more of a comical relief. They can be a single person, an organization, or even an entire race! Regardless of form or personality, there is one in every movie.

Even as a child, I adored these Bad Guys. From Frollo in the Hunchback from Notre Dame, to Auric Goldfinger in the Bond Movie with the same name. I saw then, what no other saw. Their strength, their motivation, and the unmatched will to destroy everything for plain fun, or personal gain. When all other children wrote down "Fireman" or "Police" as their future occupation, I wrote "Evil Genius with a secret base in an old volcano".

That is why I have created this thread. For I believe that I am not alone in this way of thinking. I want you to post a pic of you favorite Bad Guy, and why he/she/it or they are the best. While you're at it, post a pic of your least favorite Bad Guy, because lets face it, there are a hole lot of bad Bad Guys.

No real rules, no matter if they are from a movie, anime, game, or even a play. Though only one post from each person! Don't want someone to post every single Bad Guy they like.

Of course I will go first! The virtue of being a thread starter..

Best!
Garry Oldman as the highly corrupted DEA agent Norman "Stan" Stansfield in the movie Leon. One of my favorite movies by the way.
Posted Image

There is just something about him in this movie. The way he listen to classical music, takes heavy drugs, and is completely, utterly unpredictable. It just speaks to me. The way he takes the little pill, and "snaps" is truly creepy. And when he finds out where the "Hero" is hiding, he doesn't come up with some over-complicated plan to take him out. He just orders the whole police force down on him with the timeless scene:
-"Benny.. Bring me everyone..."
-"What do you mean 'everyone'?"
-"EVERYONE!!!!"

Worst!
Philip Seymoure Hoffman as the arms dealer Own Davian in Mission Impossible 3.
Posted Image

Worst. Movie. Villain. EVER! I can't even list all of the reasons, but come on. First of all, look at him. He looks like someone who gets bullied, rather than the one bullying... Hell, even my youngest daughter looks more evil than him. And when it comes to Evil, he is pathetic. Micro-explosive implants? Sure, nasty, but come on. "Haha, I've captured an enemie agent! Instead of killing her with a gun, or torture her in some truly evil way, I will lay down a whole lot of cash and time to surgically insert a micro-explosive implant! Muahahahaa!". I think not...

There you have my two! Now share your favorite and worst! And feel free to discuss Bad Guys!

Posted Image

#2 JC 042

JC 042

Sons of The Fallen clan leader

• GWRS Governing Council
  • 9,552 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 07:09 PM

I'm British, I'd fall under the category of a villain in most American movies :P

Unfortunately I watch very few movies so I don't really have many opinions.

Posted Image

JC: 99% Anime, 1% hot gas

#3 Spinysnafu

Spinysnafu

Reluctant Herder Of Cats

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,494 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 07:15 PM

Tyler Durden - if you need to ask why then I'll point you to the first rule of fight club you space monkey.

This thread is now over, but feel free to talk about lesser villains :)
Bonsai, bakchoy, wiseguy, waterboy! Light shine bright in the old town tonight!
Radical Edward.

#4 Armoured Priest

Armoured Priest

Man in the long black coat

• Administrators
  • Others: GWRS Governing Council
  • 10,192 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 07:58 PM

I can only choose one?! Well, I will have to go with my most favorite one then.

Posted Image

The Xenomorph race.
A race of the most aggressive, adaptive, and lethal creatures to ever have exist. And they don't even have any form of technology. With molecular eating acid for blood, capable of limited thinking (such as cutting power, isolating prey etc.), and able to absorb the dna of hosts and become a new strain of xenomorphs.

They don't kill for land, money, power, or beliefs. The have no concept of morals or mercy. They only have one main drive in thier entire existence.

The Hive will survive
(Not to mention, I REALLY love the look and design of all xenomorph classes.)

And now for the worst.
Posted Image

That's right. I am up for biological engineering and manipulation for creating monsters, but for fuck's sake learn from your mistakes! This could have been the most successful corporation if they just look at the past incidents and fix their securities and protocols accordingly. But nooooo! They go 'herp derp derp, let's do the expirament again with no changes, surely it will work this time!' You gods damn idiots.

Burning, Stabbing, Devouring, Changing, Resurrecting and creating in Sanctuary
We have such sights to show you...

SignatureBurias_zpsafd03a97.jpg

#5 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

Squeak Squeak Mother F***ers

• Administrators
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter, GWRS Governing Council
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 08:23 PM

I'm sorry, but the best evil people/things in any movie was the Reavers

Posted Image

Do Not XBL-Message or PM Me Website or Community Issues/Requests.
Use The Support Centre Instead!

cruSig2.jpg

#6 Prosperan Son

Prosperan Son

Grand Apostle Narak of the Word Bearers

• Elite Member
  • 1,749 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 08:32 PM

Gonna have to disagree with you there Crucias, all fantasy fans know that the greatest of all villains is of course

Posted Image

THE DARK LORD SAURON!
“A king must live a life more vivid than any other and be a figure for all to admire! The king is the one who collects the envy of all his heroes and stands as their guide! Therefore, the king is not alone. For his will equals that of all his followers combined!”

#7 Iron K

Iron K

• Premium Member
  • 1,833 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 08:34 PM

JC: At least you guys get to be the Bad Guy! Never have I seen a Bad Guy from Sweden! Sure, Swedish actors playing Bad Guys, but they often plays Russian characters (like Dolph Lundgren and Peter Stormare).

Hmm.. I didn't see Tyler Durden as a Bad Guy. Just another part of the main character. The Bad Guy in fight club should actually be the disease that created Tyler.

Xenomorphs! Yes! Truly a good point, Priest. The same goes for the muppets controlling the umbrella corporation..

Holy poop on a stick. And here I thought that I was the only one who appreciated the mind deranged Reavers from Serenity. Good choice, both in villains and in movie Cru!

Prosperan.. He's a big eye, looking for a ring he created, that made him invincible, and that he lost. Almost as clever as every James Bond villain that locks Bond in a room with some stupid way to kill him, explains all the details of his plan, and all the weak points, and then goes on with their day believing his dead. If he could shoot lasers out of that big eye, now that would have been another point!

Posted Image

#8 xxxblackspider

xxxblackspider

Kasrkin

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 618 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 08:34 PM

Ok seriously.... the best bad guy is definitely
Posted Image
Jack Torrance, the insane immortal axe murderer from the shining

Worst bad guy
Posted Image
The scorpion from spiderman is literally a man with a tail that has a spork on the end of it

Quick Edit... my new favorite bad guy is Prosperan Son... Leader of the Alpha Legion
Posted Image
Posted Image

#9 Talos Valcoran

Talos Valcoran

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • 1,202 posts
  • Xbox Live:Archmage Talos
  • PSN:Morgoth1100
  • Social Groups:Raven Guard

Posted 04 October 2012 - 12:55 AM

The Daleks, Weeping Angels, Reapers and Jack of Blades.
And the Reavers from Serenity/Firefly were awesome as well.

If you win, you live. If you lose, you die. If you don't fight, you can't win! - Eren Yaeger (Attack on Titan)

#10 JACCX023

JACCX023

Guardian of the kitchen

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 623 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 03:20 AM

well i dont know if this guy counts i mean he was actually a good guy at the start but after some events he went the opposite

Posted Image

he secretly sended his wife to be assasinated at a convent, his daugther was born with no soul for killing so many people and he smashed the skull of an old woman with his bare hands for me atleast hes one hard bastard (but i still love him!)

changed all of his humanity for power and inmortallity and gained the trust(the fear) of other villians with just pure brutal strength for that regnier is in my top villians

as for a worthless villians i really dont know the only ones that come to mind are king dedede from the kirby series and uhhh i guess doctor willy from the megaman series wich he ultimately made a robot who became good in the end soo i feel sorry for the dude hahaha
A true warrior is never afraid to employ more unconventional tatics!
Posted Image

#11 Iron K

Iron K

• Premium Member
  • 1,833 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 07:53 AM

Ahh, Kingdom Under Fire.. That was a wonderful game..

Hmm.. If all these Bad Guys would join ranks, we would get a pretty awesome group! BBG (Band of Bad Guys)!

Posted Image

#12 MetalHead666X

MetalHead666X

Sorcerer Supreme of the Thousand Sons

• GWRS Governing Council
  • 2,438 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 03:11 PM

Posted Image

Weeping Angels:

These guys are any body worse nightmare. They only move when your not looking like a twisted game of Mr Wolf. They take the lives you could of had and leave you out of time. Whats worse is you know their there. You cant do anything about it. As long as they see you and you see them they indestructible. They may look innocent. But they are far from it.

And the worse part?

They kill you nicely.

Posted Image

The Dark Judges: Death, Mortis, Fire and Fear

Now dont get me wrong I love these guys. But ithink their methods are a bit off. E.g THE CRIME IS LIVING. PUNISHMENT IS DEATH. I mean what???

Also they have been trapped for so long in Mega City 1 by the Psi department. They are meant to be super beings not normal criminals. AND WHEN THEY DID GET OUT IN PROG 1781 THEY GOT CAPtURED BY MASS MURDER PJ MAYBE? DA FUQ???

MY POINT IS MADE.

Two Giratina are better than one.

Posted Image

Thanks to Astral Shadow of Serebii for the Signiture

Change Theme!