CryZice

The true gentleman

• Members
  • Others:
  • Pip
  • 127 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 10:27 PM

I return once more, Gentlemen!

Answer me this. The rules for the Gentleman was established around the 18-century. Now, 200 years later, the rules and standard are the same. Why? Shouldn't the rules evolve as society evolves?

And another point. The Gentleman was evolved to be able to get close to some Ladies. But in this day and age, when the Gentleman is on the brink of being forgotten, the woman still cries out for a Gentleman. But where are the Ladies? Can anyone of you say that you have ever met a true Lady that was the same age as you?

Yeah you brought a most interesting and valid question iron, as you say the women today are screaming out for a gentleman as many of them say all men are pigs but when a women has such high standards i do believe they have to behave as a lady as well.

And for the rules of being a gentleman, yeah i guess they have evolved in some way but they are on the verge of being forgotten, I don't wanna be old man who sits in his armchair and says ¨it was better before¨
but somethings i believe might have been. :)

Much respect to you Cry for posting this thread.

However I am no gentleman and dont see this as a attack on you as a person but i know when to show respect and when to give none, that's just how i was brought up aswell as personal experience.

I will graciously accept the respect and, present my respect for you as well Siddicus :)
Posted Image

#22 Kite Arca

Kite Arca

Vizen The Scion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,777 posts
  • Xbox Live:Kite Arca
  • PSN:Kite Arca
  • Steam:Fives

Posted 27 September 2012 - 10:29 PM

i dont quite understand this thread
Posted Image
I hear you calling calling for me Queen of battle Infantry

#23 Spinysnafu

Spinysnafu

Reluctant Herder Of Cats

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,494 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 10:54 PM

You and me both Kite. I've no problem with it though.....until the inevitable happens.
Some idiot will troll it then i'll have to smack heads together..again. Sigh!

Bonsai, bakchoy, wiseguy, waterboy! Light shine bright in the old town tonight!
Radical Edward.

#24 CryZice

CryZice

The true gentleman

• Members
  • Others:
  • Pip
  • 127 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 11:00 PM

i dont quite understand this thread

Do you not?

Well then i shall explain it to you my friend, it is a thread to discuss societies downfall from a era where respect and honor was key compartments in a mans way to live and behave, and how that seems to be forgotten

It is quite interesting, don't you think? :) 
Haha im well aware of the fact that this will probably be trolled but it is sad that the people who dose that kind thing for entertainment just cant stop and think about what they are doing.
Posted Image

#25 Kite Arca

Kite Arca

Vizen The Scion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,777 posts
  • Xbox Live:Kite Arca
  • PSN:Kite Arca
  • Steam:Fives

Posted 27 September 2012 - 11:23 PM

Ah i see well thank you for throwing the light on the subject
Posted Image
I hear you calling calling for me Queen of battle Infantry

#26 Spinysnafu

Spinysnafu

Reluctant Herder Of Cats

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,494 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 11:35 PM

Societies downfall? No such animal - Society just is. It is the collective, it is all of us, never stopping, always moving.

I understand what you're getting at, the interactions between us all and the attempt to codify it to give each who use it an equal footing, but harking back to the times of rules and 'honour' as a codified thing has no real point because the times and the places where it was applicable are gone.

It's essentially very socially Darwinian, adapt to the present game or die. (not exactly die, but have no say / have decisions negated / be continually frustrated or blocked in ambitions)

The concept of honour / fair play / being a standup guy may still have a core of things that we may agree on but it's very VERY subjective. Your list may (will) not equate with mine, and at which point there is inevitable conflict.

Honour has always been just the application of a self made construct of what you think should happen in any given circumstance against the background of reality.

That's never going to work. The best you can do is stick to your own rules.
That at least is called integrity.

I quite agree though it is interesting.

Better than the normal 'ME HATE MELTA GUN' threads :)

Bonsai, bakchoy, wiseguy, waterboy! Light shine bright in the old town tonight!
Radical Edward.

#27 Sammael

Sammael

Master of Sanctity, Keeper of the Word

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 637 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 05:03 AM

I'm all out of troll ideas and meme pictures for this week, can we just pretend I did, and that it was hilarious?
Serving Emperor and Imperium since Apr 2012.
Posted Image

#28 CryZice

CryZice

The true gentleman

• Members
  • Others:
  • Pip
  • 127 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 02:24 PM

No you have to do it properly if you are going to so i can properly hate you for it ;)
Posted Image

#29 Carnifex 987

Carnifex 987

Meatshield

• Members
  • Others:
  • 85 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 05:07 PM

I think these rules are very understandable to anyone who wants to participate in this thread and i will treat them with respect.

If i might add, i have also been raised to be a gentleman by my parents, however as a teenager i have had my moments where i am angry and do take it out on the person who angered me, i do try to keep that down as much as possible.

I do not dress like a gentleman, i dress as if to be rebellious. Long hair, mosher -type clothes/gothic and i listen to metal mostly, i do listen to most types of music and try not to criticize it as you may already know in the favourite bands thread i made. i think what makes me a gentleman is the fact that i try to help people in many situations such as some of my friends who are on drugs, i help them as much as possible to get them off of the stuff. I also treat women with respect and do not use them like most will to get there way, i am quite caring with everyone.

I think all this may link with the fact that i am a Christian, and this is what they are supposed to do as in helping people. I also try not to judge people by the way they look or what they listen to or what they do. I try to bring the good out in people, if they are shy i try and coax them out. I would gladly join this thread if you would have me in it.

Wow as soon as i posted this, i realised that the thread has gone 2 pages ahead of me
Carnifex 987, A Glorified Alpha Legionnaire. We are the Alpha Legion, and we are all one.

Posted Image

#30 CryZice

CryZice

The true gentleman

• Members
  • Others:
  • Pip
  • 127 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 10:11 PM

I think these rules are very understandable to anyone who wants to participate in this thread and i will treat them with respect.

If i might add, i have also been raised to be a gentleman by my parents, however as a teenager i have had my moments where i am angry and do take it out on the person who angered me, i do try to keep that down as much as possible.

I do not dress like a gentleman, i dress as if to be rebellious. Long hair, mosher -type clothes/gothic and i listen to metal mostly, i do listen to most types of music and try not to criticize it as you may already know in the favourite bands thread i made. i think what makes me a gentleman is the fact that i try to help people in many situations such as some of my friends who are on drugs, i help them as much as possible to get them off of the stuff. I also treat women with respect and do not use them like most will to get there way, i am quite caring with everyone.

I think all this may link with the fact that i am a Christian, and this is what they are supposed to do as in helping people. I also try not to judge people by the way they look or what they listen to or what they do. I try to bring the good out in people, if they are shy i try and coax them out. I would gladly join this thread if you would have me in it.

Wow as soon as i posted this, i realised that the thread has gone 2 pages ahead of me

I will gladly accept your participation in this thread as I see it as a great addition to what might be a step in the right direction :)
Posted Image

#31 Fallen Angels95

Fallen Angels95

Grand Provost Marshal

• Elite Member
  • Others:
  • 3,585 posts
  • Xbox Live:fallen angels95

Posted 01 October 2012 - 09:36 AM

i agree. i too dress as a rebel with long hair and dark clothing. but i would take up a shirt and tie over what the people now call "modern fashion" I listen to glam rock like kiss and other bands such as BFMV or AC/DC, black sabbath and BvB. I can relate to you in almost every way there. just I am not religious. I am curious about the afterlife and have settled on the greek/roman underworld as it appeals to me when i do die.

To be just, our law must be cruel.

To stand upon the bedrock of law is our great duty. To presume to stand above it is our worst heresy.

We determine the guilty. We decide the punishment.

#32 CryZice

CryZice

The true gentleman

• Members
  • Others:
  • Pip
  • 127 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 04:56 PM

i agree. i too dress as a rebel with long hair and dark clothing. but i would take up a shirt and tie over what the people now call "modern fashion" I listen to glam rock like kiss and other bands such as BFMV or AC/DC, black sabbath and BvB. I can relate to you in almost every way there. just I am not religious. I am curious about the afterlife and have settled on the greek/roman underworld as it appeals to me when i do die.

Well lets keep religion out of the question gentlemen, I know you guys just mentioned your religious beliefs and i am not saying you done anything wrong but lets keep it at that because it might offend someone.

Posted Image

#33 Fallen Angels95

Fallen Angels95

Grand Provost Marshal

• Elite Member
  • Others:
  • 3,585 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 05:21 PM

well put. i agree religious or not you are welcome.

To stand upon the bedrock of law is our great duty. To presume to stand above it is our worst heresy.

#34 CryZice

CryZice

The true gentleman

• Members
  • Others:
  • Pip
  • 127 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 08:23 PM

exactly my point :) so do any one have recently seen any good promising gentlemen IRL? :)
Posted Image

#35 Fallen Angels95

Fallen Angels95

Grand Provost Marshal

• Elite Member
  • Others:
  • 3,585 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 07:52 PM

nope...have been unconscious (or however you spell it) as had a serious operation this morning

#36 Sammael

Sammael

Master of Sanctity, Keeper of the Word

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 637 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 07:12 AM

A true Gentleman:
Posted Image
Serving Emperor and Imperium since Apr 2012.
Posted Image

#37 Fallen Angels95

Fallen Angels95

Grand Provost Marshal

• Elite Member
  • Others:
  • 3,585 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 07:31 AM

#38 Angry Comedian

Angry Comedian

3rd company Standard Bearer

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 165 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 10:05 PM

True gentlemen you say?......
Posted Image
YOU THINK THATS FUNNY, SAY YOLO ONE MORE F*#kING TIME

#39 CryZice

CryZice

The true gentleman

• Members
  • Others:
  • Pip
  • 127 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 01:59 PM

so back to the subject i was walking through a newly open store here in sweden and they just proved my point, they actually had an amount of ¨Zero¨ objects of clothing for men and when i asked for it they looked surprised that some one even ask why.

It was kind of hilarious in a way to but enough of that :)

Posted Image

#40 Fallen Angels95

Fallen Angels95

Grand Provost Marshal

• Elite Member
  • Others:
  • 3,585 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 02:03 PM

maybe its an all womens store?

Change Theme!