7 replies to this topic

#1 dx144

dx144

Amon Amarth, Sabaton, Red Army Choir and Ensiferum Fan

• Elite Member
  • Others: ,
  • 5,680 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 07:08 PM

Well this show has just come onto History channel and each Lance hit must hurt so fucking much! Apparently each hit from a lance that is couched is like a car crash. Someone in training got a lance to the head and it broke his Molar in two! (probably gave him one hell of a headache!) Pretty much you have to be insane to do this! Looks fucking awesome though!

"You fiend, have I never encountered such corrupt and foul-minded perversity! Have you ever considered a career in the Church?" - The Baby-Eating Bishop of Bath and Wells

#2 Fallen Angels95

Fallen Angels95

Grand Provost Marshal

• Elite Member
  • Others:
  • 3,585 posts
  • Xbox Live:fallen angels95

Posted 15 September 2012 - 07:33 PM

yes. But think how it was when jousting was actually still used. One single slip could kill, now they have modified the lance so its not as deadly and the armour used is slightly better than the knights of old used

To be just, our law must be cruel.

To stand upon the bedrock of law is our great duty. To presume to stand above it is our worst heresy.

We determine the guilty. We decide the punishment.

#3 Domine Nox

Domine Nox

Regent of Ultramar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,950 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 07:37 PM

It's an entertaining show. I watched the whole season in the US already. Two guys take a couched lance to the nuts, the poor bastards. Some of the jousts are truly epic, but a large number end up being a bit of a let down with all the misses and light touches. Fun show though.

Posted Image

Nolo mihi libet sis multo felis.

#4 dx144

dx144

Amon Amarth, Sabaton, Red Army Choir and Ensiferum Fan

• Elite Member
  • Others: ,
  • 5,680 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 07:54 PM

Well when Jousting was first introduced they used real lances not wooden so they could easily penetrate the armour the Knights wore so they eventually changed and reduced the amount of Injured and Dead from the matches. It was mainly used as a contest of honour and who ever won had the greater honour. It was used to resolve disputes between high class (Barons, Knights, Lords), for entertainment or just a contest to see who was the best in the land and sometimes used to find a noble knight for a Baron or Lord's even possibly the King's daughter to marry so that their family would remain honourable or possibly increase in their honour standing.

Yeah when you see a big build up and they miss its just DAM IT! But when they have a massive hit a guy flips off his horse and pretty much gets his head covered in blood =P

"You fiend, have I never encountered such corrupt and foul-minded perversity! Have you ever considered a career in the Church?" - The Baby-Eating Bishop of Bath and Wells

#5 Fallen Angels95

Fallen Angels95

Grand Provost Marshal

• Elite Member
  • Others:
  • 3,585 posts
  • Xbox Live:fallen angels95

Posted 15 September 2012 - 08:24 PM

BLOOD FOR THE....oops

To be just, our law must be cruel.

To stand upon the bedrock of law is our great duty. To presume to stand above it is our worst heresy.

We determine the guilty. We decide the punishment.

#6 Siddicus

Siddicus

Shadow Brother

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,286 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 08:04 AM

Looks fun though doubt ide try it, for starters i dont do horse rideing.
I am Fear Incarnate

Ave Dominus Nox!

#7 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

Squeak Squeak Mother F***ers

• Administrators
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter, GWRS Governing Council
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 08:51 AM

How have I NOT found out about this before?!

Will have to watch this later

Do Not XBL-Message or PM Me Website or Community Issues/Requests.
Use The Support Centre Instead!

cruSig2.jpg

#8 Grimaldus

Grimaldus

Librarian, Keeper of the Lore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,125 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 03:38 PM

How have I NOT found out about this before?!

Will have to watch this later

same here :D

Posted Image

Change Theme!