46 replies to this topic

#1 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

Squeak Squeak Mother F***ers

• Administrators
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter, GWRS Governing Council
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 01:36 AM

I sent them back a very angry message about their member poaching message to which they said "oops" and apologized profusely. It was really just intended for the CICs.

I said we'd debate it, so here we are.

Pros

Combine POIs -> 110,000 Tib an hour etc
Possibility of more active joint attacks on Bases
Chance at Middle months into future

Cons

GWRS Alliance consumed
Party to SG Wars
SG Rules and Regs unknown quantity
Officer merge conditions pending
They kick inactives (low activity can be perceived as this - if you don't login once a week you may be kicked)

Do Not XBL-Message or PM Me Website or Community Issues/Requests.
Use The Support Centre Instead!

cruSig2.jpg

#2 J NOSK36

J NOSK36

The poniest of all ponies... PONY PONY PONY PONY

• Acolyte
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 01:44 AM

ehh the cons are winning right now to me
Posted Image

I am the Night!!!!!!!

#IllumiGothic

#3 dx144

dx144

Amon Amarth, Sabaton, Red Army Choir and Ensiferum Fan

• Elite Member
  • Others: ,
  • 5,680 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 01:59 AM

I think it could be quite good! If we found out a little bit more about this merger =P

Still if we choose not too then I will stay with our alliance =)

"You fiend, have I never encountered such corrupt and foul-minded perversity! Have you ever considered a career in the Church?" - The Baby-Eating Bishop of Bath and Wells

#4 Spinysnafu

Spinysnafu

Reluctant Herder Of Cats

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,494 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 02:05 AM

Bound to happen eventually and on the face of it it's not too bad a deal.

With Gods Wrath going for the centre it'll be PVP before long and everyone will be amalgamating then. We've been given an early in by the look of it.

They have more active players and a combined alliance gets us to around no20 in the overall alliance rankings.

Downside is how much control you want to lose?

Bonsai, bakchoy, wiseguy, waterboy! Light shine bright in the old town tonight!
Radical Edward.

#5 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

• Administrators
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 02:21 AM

Downside is how much control you want to lose?

I'm not so bothered about control, what I am concerned primarily about is interference. Right now we have a cruisy game we can all relax and enjoy.

If I'm left to play and enjoy then it's fine by me, if they are going to order us to move around the map and engage certain targets and such I'm not so keen.

cruSig2.jpg

#6 dx144

dx144

• Elite Member
  • 5,680 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 02:25 AM

Well I feel like the game at the moment is a rinse and repeat game. There is no change up EG going to war. Only people who go of hunting for the war. I want to beat someone up. Steel Guardians I think are at war with Don't F with The USA. I think we could smash em real good. >=D

We have quite a few member who do not play any more. They hold on to low level POIs which SG2 will give us back with higher level POIs. They get some of ours they become stronger and we become stronger. I think we should join.
Will this be put to vote?
Because I feel like the only person who sees this as a good thing. I prefer active alliances. I think we have 10-15 Daily players. SG2 will have a lot more so now we can have more help on Forgotten bases. As Spiny said soon it will become PVP SG have a large alliance with allies. We also have allies but we should try to become one giant alliance. Share all of the bonuses means everyone gets a bigger cut. When everyone is richer with the spoils of war then we can press down upon our enemies.

Are there any terms to the merger. Would you still be a lead role in the alliance? Because that should be a term. Because you would look out for the best interest of us. While also helping SG progress with us. If they try to force us to do anything then we can set the alliance back up again but they seem like nice people and they are just got what they think is best and trying to play it out.

"You fiend, have I never encountered such corrupt and foul-minded perversity! Have you ever considered a career in the Church?" - The Baby-Eating Bishop of Bath and Wells

#7 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

• Administrators
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 02:27 AM

I'm still waiting on the reply to my message regarding their "ethos" towards play, and how integration would work. Only when we have the info we want can we vote on it.

I love the idea of the active alliance, and massive POI income - however, MMO Guild merges have made me wary. As I said, awaiting info

cruSig2.jpg

#8 dx144

dx144

• Elite Member
  • 5,680 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 02:32 AM

Very well then. Could you ask them for a list of who they are at war with?

#9 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

• Administrators
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 02:33 AM

Very well then. Could you ask them for a list of who they are at war with?

I'l try remember when I get on later - good call

cruSig2.jpg

#10 dx144

dx144

• Elite Member
  • 5,680 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 02:41 AM

How long do you think it will take before they respond?

#11 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

• Administrators
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 03:05 AM

Depends on their timezone, and what times of day they login

cruSig2.jpg

#12 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

• Administrators
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 07:16 AM

If you would I can provide you some perspectives and details regarding some of your concerns outlined below.

1) SG2 is basically a sister alliance of SG. We work and partner with SG in our progress in this game. For e.g., diplomacy i SG2 is alignd with SG.
2) SG2 doesn't micromanage its members unless circumstances dictate (i.e. wars where specific targets are assigned, or specific poi's to guard, etc). Generally, our preference is to organize around general guidelines/instructions and allow people to sort out amongst themselves. We certainly do intervene at points where we feel people are being threatened or where advice may help someone.
3) SG2 doesn't have specific activity requirements other then loggin in once a day or something. Most if not all SG2 members have work and/or school so they play when they can. The only commitment we ask from our members is to contribute and be able to hold their own as best as possible (i.e. have a proper base defense setup, etc).
4) Regarding command integration, that is hard to answer because it would require negotiations. We have no problems splitting responsbilities (that is something I personally encourage) to ensure that all members have a voice.

I hope that information offers some more specfics. Some details are hard to get into without further understandings.

What we are really interested in here is whether or not there is interest from your party in discussing said cooperation. We thank you for your consideration of our proposal and await your response.

So they sound kind of like a bigger version of us. We can work out the CIC issues later because that only affects 3 of us.

I'm not going to add a poll because morons who don't play TA with us will just vote in it and make it a pain. Cast your vote with a reply.

I think we should go for it, the POI income alone makes it worth it

cruSig2.jpg

#13 J0ker2610

J0ker2610

Supreme high sorcerer

• GWRS Governing Council
  • 1,131 posts
  • Xbox Live:J0ker2610
  • PSN:Vader2610
  • Steam:Joker2610
  • Social Groups:Night Lords

Posted 09 September 2012 - 10:57 AM

I'm split on a decision, if we do go for it we do gain a great amount of extra firepower and resources. However there is that possibility that as they get closer to the middle higher up members will start telling people to do specific stuff. I'm going to say we should do it but I'm fine with whatever happens
Posted Image

#14 JC 042

JC 042

Sons of The Fallen clan leader

• GWRS Governing Council
  • 9,552 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 11:07 AM

I vote in favour of the merge, I dont mind being ordered around to attack people and hold POI's, is fact I am really blood thirsty at the moment in this game.

And I wouldnt mind a challange against facing larger alliances, plus a lot of us out rank their best players so we immediatly have a leverage in the group as well.

What would be REALLY awesome is if we can get them on this site, but that might be hard considering they have their own one which has been around for quite a while.

Posted Image

JC: 99% Anime, 1% hot gas

#15 dx144

dx144

• Elite Member
  • 5,680 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 11:57 AM

Sounds great! We should go forward with I think!

#16 Spinysnafu

Spinysnafu

Reluctant Herder Of Cats

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,494 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 01:00 PM

So they sound kind of like a bigger version of us.

Know what you mean - had to re read it twice, thought that was you talking to them the first time round.

Considering we're allies already and there's not much fighting around us I'd presume that our allies are there allies so the map and game type won't change all that much.

From what was said we get to carry on pretty much as normal with added bonus of more back up when it hits the fan. This may be a bigger plus than stated because looking at our roster there's quite a few that need to be kicked / pass control of their bases to the active players.

A quick look and these have not been on since since July
Juggernautation's
Krenthe
Mexican Dave
Bigbrotherwhite
Skysong
Dern(don't think we'll get that one)

Phoenix1664 hasn't been on since June.

I vote go for it.

Bonsai, bakchoy, wiseguy, waterboy! Light shine bright in the old town tonight!
Radical Edward.

#17 JC 042

JC 042

Sons of The Fallen clan leader

• GWRS Governing Council
  • 9,552 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 08:00 PM

One problem is that we have apprximatly 20 active members or less and and they only have 15 spaces.

Posted Image

JC: 99% Anime, 1% hot gas

#18 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

• Administrators
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 08:16 PM

One problem is that we have apprximatly 20 active members or less and and they only have 15 spaces.

Likely they can make the space, I'll tell them we're in favor then

cruSig2.jpg

#19 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

• Administrators
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 08:25 PM

HTW319
Apulo1 <--CIC
JNOSK
Stew425
Lord_Ariok
spinysnafu
darkapostle_yon
rylawi74
Rombull
Dragos32CND
vader2610 <-- CIC
dx144
JC042
Gillipsee
Cody_Shinn
Hawkstrat
Minaithnir <-- CIC & Diplomat

The above is the list I sent them, based off activity in last 2 weeks

cruSig2.jpg

#20 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

• Administrators
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 08:20 PM

So they're offering 1 2IC and 2 Officer positions within their hierarchy to our 3 CICs (Me, Apulo and Joker).

Invites will probably go out tomorrow they said

cruSig2.jpg

Change Theme!