• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12 replies to this topic

#1 achillesFTW1337

achillesFTW1337

Black Templar

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 05:46 AM

I have thought about hosting a tournament/campaign that will essentially be set-up in a round-robin style that I would like to set-up for around the middle of October at the latest, and that will end around 2-3 months later depending on the number of contestants(Chapters/Warbands).

The story will take place on a Forge World, due to the lack of variable maps. This particular forge world however, has a unique item it produces that would make its user the bane of all other forces. As such the Space Marine Chapters of the Imperium are willing to fight their own, in order to get their hands on it. Whereas the Forces of Chaos, are well, always going to backstab each other, Chaos IS Chaos after all. I will post a small story for each match-up on the forums.

Now for the rules

Games: Best 2 of 3 per Round, # will vary based upon participants.
Only vanilla maps and vanilla game modes, to prevent anyone from being left out. The initial match-up will be chosen by the winner of a coin toss (by me, I will post the winner on the site for each round). The subsequent match-up maps and game modes will be chosen by the loser of the previous match-up.

Players: Each participant Chapter/Warband will send 8 players to do battle in each round. However, there is a catch. Each chapter can only select 4 perks that will be available to each class. I believe that this will take players out of their normal comfort zone of standard perk combos and force them to find common ground with their polar opposites within the chapter. The perks will be chosen by the Faction Leaders. The Initial and Final rounds will be no-perk games. Finally, Improved Melta Charge, Teleport Homer, and Rapid Deployment perks are mutually exclusive to each other for individual loadouts.

I believe that this tournament can not only satisfy the story players watching their 'recruits' gain experience throughout a campaign, while it also tests the leadership skills of Faction Leaders, and once again tests the skills of the players themselves who will learn to fight with what they have.

So watcha waitin' for, sign-up your chapter if you have at least 7 other members willing to fight for Honour, Glory, and Bragging Rights.

"Accept the Challenge, No Matter the Odds"

#2 Bloodbone

Bloodbone

Crimson Fist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 06:16 AM

sounds good to me
I will bathe in your BLOOD

#3 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

Squeak Squeak Mother F***ers

• Administrators
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter, GWRS Governing Council
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 06:42 AM

FYI as per PM I removed all the clone threads (deposited in individual faction forums) attempting to drive up awareness for this thread.

Do Not XBL-Message or PM Me Website or Community Issues/Requests.
Use The Support Centre Instead!

cruSig2.jpg

#4 Bloodbone

Bloodbone

Crimson Fist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 06:59 AM

Well looks like I need to write the message here because it was deleted so I am sorry if you wrote a comment to my post on the old thread because I did not see it.

I think this is a good idea for a tournament but I do not agree with the perk thing. You can have a huge issue with rapid deployment and other perks. Your getting rid of the diversity of the perk system as well. I like the idea of a no perk match followed by a perk match. Some Chapters are better at fighting without perks than others. Maybe limit the tournament to one perk only, but like I said rapid deployment I see as an issue because you will have a lot of melta spamming then.

This is just my critique of your guidelines. I like what your doing a lot and I hope this all works out.

#5 achillesFTW1337

achillesFTW1337

Black Templar

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 08:51 AM

Well part of this tournament is knowing ways to counteract other strategies using the +1 Perk system I intend to use. I do see that rapid deployment in the 2nd Round could be a problem, but I believe that it generally isn't going to be one unless there is spawn camping, which will be strictly prohibited in this tournament. Also a way of counteracting rapid deployment on spots is placing vengeance round right on the spot, but that's my opinion, if more people insist then I might ban that perk.

#6 Batman2213

Batman2213

Chapter Master

• Members
  • Others: ,
  • PipPipPip
  • 803 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 09:52 AM

I don't see how you can limit anyone to a single perk starting in round 2. Perks on gives access to two perks (unless a player hasn't unlocked the 2nd perk slot). The only way you could cause a player with two perk slots to have only one perk would be if each player essentially erased his or her own loadouts and started from scratch, only putting one perk on each loadout. That's a logistical nightmare in my opinion.

A simple compromise would be to allow TWO perks per class after the first round. However even with this, a lot of players will get pissed off if they are stuck with perks for their class that don't work for them. Example: Perks for a particular weapon when the player uses a different weapon.
Posted Image

#7 Fallen Angels95

Fallen Angels95

Grand Provost Marshal

• Elite Member
  • Others:
  • 3,585 posts
  • Xbox Live:fallen angels95

Posted 02 September 2012 - 10:51 AM

I like the sound of this but not the perky thing

To be just, our law must be cruel.

To stand upon the bedrock of law is our great duty. To presume to stand above it is our worst heresy.

We determine the guilty. We decide the punishment.

#8 achillesFTW1337

achillesFTW1337

Black Templar

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 03:29 PM

Alright I've fixed it to a less confusing format I hope, but I will still insist that spawn camping is still banned.

#9 Fallen Angels95

Fallen Angels95

Grand Provost Marshal

• Elite Member
  • Others:
  • 3,585 posts
  • Xbox Live:fallen angels95

Posted 02 September 2012 - 04:09 PM

Round 1 = 1 perk.
Round 2 = 0 perks.
Round 3 = 2 perks.

Sound good? If so I'll Talk to my liege lord and we'll discuss things over

To be just, our law must be cruel.

To stand upon the bedrock of law is our great duty. To presume to stand above it is our worst heresy.

We determine the guilty. We decide the punishment.

#10 achillesFTW1337

achillesFTW1337

Black Templar

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 02:05 AM

I did re-edit the original post, just btw.

#11 Bloodbone

Bloodbone

Crimson Fist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 03:56 AM

Very nice edit

#12 skotten

skotten

Great Wolf

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 673 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 06:49 AM

Sounds interesting, though agree the perks thing could be an issue, (when is it not ;) )
Postad bild

#13 trophicmocha

trophicmocha

Supreme Sorcerer Lord of the Thousand Sons

• Members
  • Others: ,
  • PipPipPip
  • 767 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 01:54 PM

This sounds interesting, i do like the perk thing should make us all thing about how we intend to fight the matches (am guessing that was the idea) and give us a chhallenge to how we normally go and fight matches, metalhead will odviously have to say wehter the thousand sons are in, but sounds cool
Fulgrim is our Lord, Slaanesh is our master, free your senses

Change Theme!