6 replies to this topic

#1 JC 042

JC 042

Sons of The Fallen clan leader

• GWRS Governing Council
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter
  • 9,552 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 08:00 PM

I dont know if everyone else has noticed but I think half the POIs we are holding are worthless.

This is what I noticed appear when you click on a POI:

Loss: 0/h, if no longer controlled by your alliance.

Or if its one we dont own:

Gain: 0/h, if controlled by your alliance.

Howeveer when its a much higher level POI its somthing like 12,100/h.

Does this mean alot of them we own arent giving us any benefits? Besides ranking points for simply owning it?

Posted Image

JC: 99% Anime, 1% hot gas

#2 dx144

dx144

Amon Amarth, Sabaton, Red Army Choir and Ensiferum Fan

• Elite Member
  • Others: ,
  • 5,680 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 09:11 PM

All of my POIs say that if I drop them we will lose around 3%-13%. All of the POIs I am holding seem pretty vital. If I see a greater POI I will take it. =)

"You fiend, have I never encountered such corrupt and foul-minded perversity! Have you ever considered a career in the Church?" - The Baby-Eating Bishop of Bath and Wells

#3 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

Squeak Squeak Mother F***ers

• Administrators
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter, GWRS Governing Council
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 09:12 PM

How it works JC is that POIs give you points which are then affected by multipliers based on alliance rank and also the holding base level.

Alliances POI "level" for each type of POI is just like normal levelling, when you hit the top of the bar you advance to the next level. If you loose a POI it's contribution is lost.

If the lost contribution takes you below the start of this "level" range you drop in income. If it does not then you experience no discernible drop in income.

If we lost 1 Reactor we would not notice a difference, if we lost 2 then we most definitely would; consider it a convenient redundancy

http://forum.allianc...d.php?tid=12702

Do Not XBL-Message or PM Me Website or Community Issues/Requests.
Use The Support Centre Instead!

cruSig2.jpg

#4 dx144

dx144

• Elite Member
  • 5,680 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 09:24 PM

I recieved this message from a Steel Guardians 2 alliance member recently

"O Hey, its in our forum (old post) that the tiberium compound was to be handed off from SG to SG2, moved next to you and didn't notice you were in gothic war because SG is green too. I'll move in a bit, unless you are abandoning the POI if you are let me know and I'll stay. l8r."

Should I abandon it and move on? I really would like to move Fulgrim but I don't know if anyone wants to hold onto a POI for us.

I could give them the Tiberium Compound and then Fulgrim's Virtue could cover the Crystal Compound and Fulgrim can advance to the frontline to take the fight to the Forgotten Bases.

Or I could hold onto the Tiberium Compound and let them take the Crystal (I have a massive excess of Crystal anyway and I guess the majority of us have the same)

(Still regarding POIs so as this is a discussion of POIs I thought it belonged it here instead of creating loads of threads for POIs)

"You fiend, have I never encountered such corrupt and foul-minded perversity! Have you ever considered a career in the Church?" - The Baby-Eating Bishop of Bath and Wells

#5 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

Squeak Squeak Mother F***ers

• Administrators
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter, GWRS Governing Council
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 09:45 PM

Keep your strongest base free of POIs

Loosing a Tib isn't going to hurt, right now Reactor and Buff POIs are critical

Do Not XBL-Message or PM Me Website or Community Issues/Requests.
Use The Support Centre Instead!

cruSig2.jpg

#6 dx144

dx144

• Elite Member
  • 5,680 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 09:47 PM

Ok Fulgrim will abandon the Crystal POI.

#7 JC 042

JC 042

Sons of The Fallen clan leader

• GWRS Governing Council
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter
  • 9,552 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 10:16 PM

Cheers for the explanation Cru.

Posted Image

JC: 99% Anime, 1% hot gas

Change Theme!