10 replies to this topic

#1 dx144

dx144

Amon Amarth, Sabaton, Red Army Choir and Ensiferum Fan

• Elite Member
  • Others: ,
  • 5,680 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 07:07 PM

Ok so I am about 15M Research Points from getting my fifth base. But I could get Avatars. If they are anything like Mammoths then they are a definite keeper! I am think that I should go with the base because it takes longer to get and I am almost able to get it.

Thoughts?

"You fiend, have I never encountered such corrupt and foul-minded perversity! Have you ever considered a career in the Church?" - The Baby-Eating Bishop of Bath and Wells

#2 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

Squeak Squeak Mother F***ers

• Administrators
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter, GWRS Governing Council
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 08:43 PM

Avatars, they shred everything but Rocket Fists. Will drop your repair time considerably

Do Not XBL-Message or PM Me Website or Community Issues/Requests.
Use The Support Centre Instead!

cruSig2.jpg

#3 dx144

dx144

• Elite Member
  • 5,680 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 09:03 PM

Well I would put the Avatars in Longinus. That is a pure tank base. Has Reckoners, Scorpions and Specters. I have left some room in there for the

I was thinking of a Fifth base just in case I find another POI I am close to but cannot leave the place I am at for movement time or something like that.

But would it take me a shorter time to get all of the money back with another base.

"You fiend, have I never encountered such corrupt and foul-minded perversity! Have you ever considered a career in the Church?" - The Baby-Eating Bishop of Bath and Wells

#4 JC 042

JC 042

Sons of The Fallen clan leader

• GWRS Governing Council
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter
  • 9,552 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 09:04 PM

Avatars, they are just as badass as Mammoths because they kill infantry by stepping on them because their shorter range means they're moving more than shooting vehicles, so it's better than "Roll over them".

Posted Image

JC: 99% Anime, 1% hot gas

#5 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

• Administrators
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 09:10 PM

Avatars, they are just as badass as Mammoths because they kill infantry by stepping on them because their shorter range means they're moving more than shooting vehicles, so it's better than "Roll over them".

I still prefer Mammoths, something about driving one on CnC: Renegade :D

cruSig2.jpg

#6 dx144

dx144

• Elite Member
  • 5,680 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 09:27 PM

Seeing a group of Mammoths approach from a GDI base on Renegade was a fearful sight as a Nod solider =P

Mammoths I like but I think that they are not as good as Stealth Tanks as by the time you see one it has already squished you or has made it passed you =P

Also Mammoths are awesome because they can regenerate their health!

#7 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

• Administrators
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 02:24 AM

Also Mammoths are awesome because they can regenerate their health!

I just liked how you had 2 barrels and 2 launcher pods. So you could continuously pour fire onto the enemy. Driving Orcas was better though.

As for Stealth Tank, nothing more amusing than running over your mate

cruSig2.jpg

#8 dx144

dx144

• Elite Member
  • 5,680 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 03:32 AM

Well when you just respawn leave barracks and you just get ran over.... I remember someone raged when they bought Havoc and a Ion Cannon Beacon and was preparing to rush into the enemy base and take out the power plant but a stealth tank just happened to attack out base at the same time =P

Did you ever play the mod A Path Beyond?
It was/is a mod that puts it into Red Alert so you can use Heavy Tanks, Mad Tanks, Mammoths, Tanya, Tesla Tanks and all of that good stuff.

I think it is still growing strong. If you want we could have a game on APB at some point =)
Here is a trailer for the Gamma.

#9 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

• Administrators
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 03:35 AM

How amusing they copied the original Red Alert start video

cruSig2.jpg

#10 dx144

dx144

• Elite Member
  • 5,680 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 03:41 AM

Well it is a mod based on Red Alert =D

I will probably download when I wake up later. =D

#11 dx144

dx144

• Elite Member
  • 5,680 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 11:15 PM

Got fifth base as there were two open POIs near Fulgrim so I founded another base to grab them both. I got a level 25 tiberium control network hub and a level 26 crystal control hub. I think it was worth it =)

Change Theme!