• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9 replies to this topic

#1 Codicier Valtrius

Codicier Valtrius

Meatshield

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 09:57 AM

The Blood Challenge, named so aptly as it doesn't require any evidence of completion, only the blood oath in that you swear upon in the Emperors/Chaos Gods name that the challenges set fourth will be done. Only when you have sworn an oath to complete the challenge will the Emperor/Chaos Gods be watching your every move and waiting until completion.

The idea of this is to come up with little challenges that will make for a fun and interesting game by having players something to strive towards each week that should get players coming back for more. The challenges will become progressively harder but your skills within the battlefield will become progressively honed! Oh and if this is in the wrong forum i whole heartedly apologies.

To take part in the Blood Challenge, post that you swear to the oath below and go forth to slay your enemies with righteous fury/crude determination.

Blood Challenge #1
Win a game on all 4 modes as your chosen faction and loose a game on all 4 modes as your nemesis' faction.

I say all four but i don't think the Dreadnought DLC has been released. If you don't have access to the DN DLC or CU DLC then you must select another game mode to number four in total.

I, insert name.
Swear an oath upon the Emperor
That none shall stand my wrath upon the field of battle.
That no enemy that comes before me shall falter my path set fourth by this oath, and that blood will be spilled this day, and the next until the oath i have sworn has been fulfilled, or the Emperor show them mercy, for i shall show them none.

I, insert name.
Swear an oath upon the Chaos Gods.
That no enemy that comes before me shall falter my path set fourth by this oath, and that blood will be spilled this day, and the next until the oath i have sworn has been fulfilled, or the Chaos Gods show them mercy, for i shall show them none.

#2 Lord Commander Archael

Lord Commander Archael

Chapter Master

• Members
  • Others:
  • Pip
  • 193 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 10:17 AM

Love the idea of this. Hope that people will post a brief summary of their exploits upon completion of their oath too :)

Posted Image

#3 Talon Lord Othrim

Talon Lord Othrim

WARMASTER, Commander of the Night Lords.

• Elite Member
  • 3,234 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 10:44 AM

To the Night Lords isn't all other factions our nemesis faction? Or do we had a specific one?

edit: Will make some awards for completion of Challenges.

Posted ImageUploaded with ImageShack.com

#4 Gerhart

Gerhart

MasterDabater

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,852 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 01:18 PM

To clarify the 4 modes are Chaos unleshed, Exterm, multi and what?

Or is it the multi modes?

Otherwise sounds good.

Posted Image
Worried you are becoming a super DB tool? CLICK ME! Repent I say! Repent!

#5 Codicier Valtrius

Codicier Valtrius

Meatshield

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 01:58 PM

@Gerhart
The four games modes are Annihilation, Siege Ground, Capture the Flag and i thought the Dreadnought DLC along with the three new maps would be out by now, but they are not. So you can either win (and lose) in another game mode or wait for The DLC to come out next week.

@Talon Lord Othrim
Your nemesis faction would be the loyalists, so you need to lose the relevant game while being forced to portray a loyalist, does that make them spies in 40k? It will be kinda cool if a few of us were in the same game, some trying to lose and others trying to win, it would for some interesting games.

@Lord Commander Archael
last but not least ;) Thats a great idea, I managed to get a game of CTF today so when i fulfill the oath i shall inform you of my deeds.

And for the sake of consistency...

I, Sergeant Valtrius.
Swear an oath upon the Emperor.
That no enemy that comes before me shall falter my path set fourth by this oath, and that blood will be spilled this day, and the next until the oath i have sworn has been fulfilled, or the Emperor show them mercy, for i shall show them none.

#6 Gerhart

Gerhart

MasterDabater

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,852 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 02:07 PM

Thank you, so we have to loose as our nemisis? Losing isn't somthing that happens for me very often ;)

I, Captain Gerhart 3rd Company Crimson Fists.
Swear an oath upon the Emperor.

Posted Image
Worried you are becoming a super DB tool? CLICK ME! Repent I say! Repent!

#7 Carnarvon

Carnarvon

Hour Guard Sergeant

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 03:57 PM

I,Brother Carnarvon of the Blood Angels,
Swear an oath upon the Emperor

#8 Talon Lord Othrim

Talon Lord Othrim

WARMASTER, Commander of the Night Lords.

• Elite Member
  • 3,234 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 10:03 PM

I, Talon Lord Othrim of the Night Lords
Swear an oath upon my Relic Bolter. (Night Lord's care about material worth not gods)
That no enemy that comes before me shall falter my path set fourth by this oath, and that blood will be spilled this day, and the next until the oath I have sworn has been fulfilled, may whom every they beg/pray to show them mercy, for I shall show them none. Such is my oath.
Posted ImageUploaded with ImageShack.com

#9 J NOSK36

J NOSK36

The poniest of all ponies... PONY PONY PONY PONY

• Acolyte
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 10:11 PM

I, J NOSK36 of the Night Lords,
Swear an oath upon my Relic Bolter. (THAT I STOLE!!!)
That no enemy that comes before me shall falter my path set fourth by this oath, and that blood will be spilled this day, and the next until the oath I have sworn has been fulfilled, may whom every they beg/pray to show them mercy, for I shall show them none. Such is my oath.

Fallen Emperor's Champion J NOSK36
Posted Image

I am the Night!!!!!!!

#IllumiGothic

#10 J0ker2610

J0ker2610

Supreme high sorcerer

• GWRS Governing Council
  • 1,131 posts
  • Xbox Live:J0ker2610
  • PSN:Vader2610
  • Steam:Joker2610
  • Social Groups:Night Lords

Posted 18 January 2012 - 10:27 PM

I, Joker 2610ad sorcerer of the night lord legions,
Swear an oath upon the chaos gods.
That no enemy that comes before me shall falter my path set fourth by this oath, and that blood will be spilled this day, and the next until the oath I have sworn has been fulfilled, or the chaos gods show them mercy, for I shall show them none. Blood for the blood god, skulls for the skull thrown, let the galaxy BURN!!! MUHAHAHAHA !!!!

Posted Image

Change Theme!