• 12,171 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 07:00 AM

Game and Expansion Breakdown

The following games unlock the following races
  • Vanilla: Space Marines, Chaos, Eldar, and Orks
  • Winter Assault: Imperial Guard
  • Dark Crusade: Tau and Necrons
  • Soulstorm: Dark Eldar and Sisters of Battle

Dark Crusade and Soulstorm are stand alone. They can work without other versions. You need to install in the order listed above if you wish to use all the races in Soulstorm (they only unlock if it detects other games during it's install - the same applies for Dark Crusade)

You can play multiplayer with any DOW version patched to the most recent patch. Which Steam does for you.

Steam Store List and Prices (18/01/2012)

Dawn of War Editions
  • Gold Edition: Vanilla and Winter Assualt
  • Anthology: Gold Edition and Dark Crusade

Community Games

We play Dow: Soulstorm, with the Apocalypse, Daemonhunter and Tyranid mods, combined with the community map pack.

We have had a lot of issues with people having all of the above installed, but having incompatible data or map files. Therefore, I have uploaded all of the files you need to our repo, and put them inside compressed (.rar) folders with their installation order as their name.

Previous method is obsolete, all files are now packaged into one individual installer. Please see the following link

http://gothicwars.org/forums/showthread.php?tid=3738

Notes on Files

We do not have the bandwidth to allow every person to download the files from our repo, so please do not give this URL out. If people start abusing this download, I will be forced to erase the repo and you will all have to install this the really really hard way.

Also, if you did not follow my guide exactly, do not contact any of us for help. If you have followed my guide exactly then feel free to contact me for help regarding installation or play issues.

If you suffer from De-Sync errors, I cannot help further than what I said in the guide. Close unnecessary programs, disable any anti-viruses (not the firewall!), add Soulstorm as an exception to your firewall and open all related ports. You can google Soulstorm Ports for this.

Help Playing

The following list shows which of our members have the most skill and experience with the races in this mod. If you want advice on how to play them better, then feel free to PM them.

• Space Marines: TheGodDernMan
  • Chaos: TheGodDernMan
  • Eldar: CruciasNZ
  • Dark Eldar:
  • Orks:
  • Necrons:
  • Tau:
  • Sisters of Battle:
  • Imperial Guard: CruciasNZ
  • Tyranids:
  • Daemon Hunters:

Note: You can apply to be added to blank list spots only after playing the race you wish to apply for lots in our community games. Other players will need to vouch for your skills.

Final Note: Tyranids and Daemon Hunters are not fully Apocalypse-ized. This means they do not have as many units as the others. On one hand this is a weakness, but it can be overcome with skill.. or in the case of Nids, Zerging.

Do Not XBL-Message or PM Me Website or Community Issues/Requests.
Use The Support Centre Instead!

cruSig2.jpg

#2 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

Squeak Squeak Mother F***ers

• Administrators
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter, GWRS Governing Council
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 03:34 AM

Install 7th added. This is a new patch for the Mod

Do Not XBL-Message or PM Me Website or Community Issues/Requests.
Use The Support Centre Instead!

cruSig2.jpg

Change Theme!