3 replies to this topic

#1 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

Squeak Squeak Mother F***ers

• Administrators
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter, GWRS Governing Council
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 10:37 PM

On GWRS we have a policy of never deleting any member account, be it spam or human. This is to stop someone using that email to re-register and troll, or to avoid social consequences of their actions by claiming a new username.

However, this would mean they could still be PM'd or Newslettered and they have the right to not receive those notification emails.

Therefore we now have an "Inactive Account" group on the site. Soon there will be a button in the UserCP ~called "Disable Account" which will remove you from all forum groups aside from Subscriber, and put you in Inactive group.

Inactive groups cannot use PM system, cannot reply or post new threads. Basically you can still browse the forum but you cannot do anything.

If you used this and decide to return one day, you just use the "Reactivate Account" button to swap from "Inactive" to "Member". Obviously you will have to re-apply for all your groups again; in the case of leaders leaving, you'll have to "refound" your chapter again, if your chapter is still active then they will have to accept you back.

We'll let you know when this is live, until then we will have to out you in it manually.

FYI: Using this system to circumnavigate the discharge procedure is a banning offence without defence

Do Not XBL-Message or PM Me Website or Community Issues/Requests.
Use The Support Centre Instead!

cruSig2.jpg

#2 Brother Adikuss

Brother Adikuss

Guardsmen

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 07:33 PM

Kick ass new feature cru
i am alpharius

#3 Warmonger

Warmonger

=][=

• Premium Member
  • Others: ,
  • 1,304 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 07:36 PM

I like this feature, makes alot of sense actually

This planet is a graveyard - care to join me? 

#4 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

Squeak Squeak Mother F***ers

• Administrators
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter, GWRS Governing Council
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 09:23 PM

Alright this is now live

Do Not XBL-Message or PM Me Website or Community Issues/Requests.
Use The Support Centre Instead!

cruSig2.jpg

Change Theme!