Photo

Tinker,tinker,tinker BOOM! - jkharvey95

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
15 replies to this topic

#1 Talon Lord Othrim

Talon Lord Othrim

WARMASTER, Commander of the Night Lords.

• Elite Member
  • 3,234 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 10:13 PM

Posted Image

In the busy port town of Somjek, shipments of Iron ore and precious metals were being loaded aboard vast ships ready for merchants across the water. This is where Gergel Haneksson found himself. Adrift from his ancestral home Gergel had thought his skills as an Engineer would come in handy here.

For a while he fixed bellows, worked anvils and took coin for his skills where he could. Whilst working upon a set of defensive black powder weapons aboard a Dwarven Merchants ship he heard tales from sailors that bandit and pirate activity had increased further down the coast.

[spoiler=It Begins]The rest of this story is now yours to unfold[/spoiler]
Posted ImageUploaded with ImageShack.com

#2 Warmonger

Warmonger

=][=

• Premium Member
  • Others: ,
  • 1,304 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 10:18 PM

'Hmmm pirates' gergel thinks to himself, 'now that's a challenge worth taking! Now where's the best place to hear about a bit of piratin? AHA!' and without further ado he sets of towards one of the shadier taverns in town.

This planet is a graveyard - care to join me? 

#3 Talon Lord Othrim

Talon Lord Othrim

• Elite Member
  • 3,234 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 04:29 PM

You find yourself at the entrance to the "Mermaids purse" the stench of vomit and stale ale hangs in the air. Once inside the Devore is simplistic. Strong oak tables and chairs. A minstrel plays a shanty on a penny whistle but no one pays him any attention. "Get out my way!" barks a rough looking man as he pushes past you and makes his way over to the bar, over which hangs a sign 'if there's blood it's time to stop'

#4 Warmonger

Warmonger

=][=

• Premium Member
  • 1,304 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 10:01 PM

"you watch yourself human, unless you want the end of my rifle up your man-fanny" gergel shouts back. He threads his way to the bar and calls to the barman, "a flagon of whatever man-piss you serve here!"

Spoiler

#5 Talon Lord Othrim

Talon Lord Othrim

• Elite Member
  • 3,234 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 01:41 PM

The barmaid slams down a flagon of foamy ale. Keeping hold of the handle "You got the coin for it?" she asks gruffly

#6 Warmonger

Warmonger

=][=

• Premium Member
  • 1,304 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 02:12 PM

Let me taste an' i'll tell ya what i'll pay

#7 Talon Lord Othrim

Talon Lord Othrim

• Elite Member
  • 3,234 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 10:10 AM

She locks a steely gaze upon you. "I don't have patience for time wasters." the large fellow that entered before you calls from the end of the bar. " If he's not having it send it my way Doris. I could do with a drink befor having to set sail again. Bloody pirates getting on my *CENSORED*!"

#8 Warmonger

Warmonger

=][=

• Premium Member
  • 1,304 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 10:58 AM

"okay okay, how much do you want for the ale? 'scuse me for bein irate but pirates seem to be affecting us all lately." gergel shouts. "you there," he adds "what have the pirates been doing to you then?"

#9 Talon Lord Othrim

Talon Lord Othrim

• Elite Member
  • 3,234 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 08:42 AM

The gruff fella looks over to you. " it's getting like every crossing of the gulf is a gauntlet run. Why the hell the empire won't lift a finger is beyond me. If those black hearted bastards figure to blocked the mouth then all hell will break loose."

#10 Warmonger

Warmonger

=][=

• Premium Member
  • 1,304 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 09:25 AM

"sounds like you could do with some help, a little protection so to speak" gergel says. "where's that ale?" he adds

#11 Talon Lord Othrim

Talon Lord Othrim

• Elite Member
  • 3,234 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 08:16 AM

"She puts down the ale"
"Thats on me friend," the gruff sailor called and he moves round the bar to come sit by you.
"you a merc?"

#12 Warmonger

Warmonger

=][=

• Premium Member
  • 1,304 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 09:23 PM

"why thank you manling" gergel takes a massive gulp "ah that's good stuff! Anyhow: not so much a merc as a travelling engineer. I trade my good with guns ability for ale and a share of coin. There aint no machine that i can't tinker with and improve"

#13 Talon Lord Othrim

Talon Lord Othrim

• Elite Member
  • 3,234 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 02:09 PM

He thinks for a moment. "Would you be any good with siege weapons, balistas, cannons that sort of thing?"

#14 Warmonger

Warmonger

=][=

• Premium Member
  • 1,304 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 11:08 PM

"do you think I have this beard for nought, manling? I am a dwarf, and that means engineer. Siege engines, guns, fortresses and anything that can be built is my trade. Have ye a problem that needs fixin' then?!" he takes another gulp of ale, with some sloshing into his beard

#15 Talon Lord Othrim

Talon Lord Othrim

• Elite Member
  • 3,234 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 12:00 AM

"I'm with a ship thats about to take the fight to these bloody pirates. We have a commercial trade vessel and we'er outfitting it with weaponry. The plan is to sail up and down the gulf as bate and once the bastards try and raid..... blow them out the water. The equipment needs to be consealed so they dont see we're armed. Interested in comming along?"

#16 Warmonger

Warmonger

=][=

• Premium Member
  • 1,304 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 01:01 PM

"well manling, that is tempting." Gergel says, and takes a thoughtful sip of ale.
"Do ye have the raw materials fer weapons craftin' then?" he asks, sending the man a serious expression to show that he is serious

Change Theme!