41 replies to this topic

#21 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

Squeak Squeak Mother F***ers

• Administrators
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter, GWRS Governing Council
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 09:42 AM

yh.....you have tazmanian devils dont you? i have no idea about NZ sorry if im wrong

Dude please stop, I'm choking on my drink here.

NZ is a country South East of Australia, separated by a large stretch of water called The Tasman Sea.

Some random facts

• No capital city in the world is further south than Wellington. (See NOTE below.)
  • No part of New Zealand is more than 128 km from the sea.
  • French Pass, which separates d'Urville Island from the South Island coast, is the only place in the world where two different levels of ocean can be seen at once. This causes tremendously dangerous currents - sometimes the tide flows at up to 8 knots through the narrow Pass. [The only time we went through there, we didn't know that. Jeff said that was the closest he's ever come to putting our boat, Lady Fair, on the rocks.]
  • More fresh water gushes up from cracks in the limestone at Waikoropupu, near Takaka, Nelson province, than from any freshwater spring anywhere in the world. Over 2,100 million litres of water gush up every 24 hours.
  • Fiordland National Park is one of the largest in the world at 1,228,348 hectares. It is also one of the wildest and least populated.
  • Fossil-bearing rocks in the Cobb Valley near Nelson have trilobites that are 550 million years old.
  • Each year some 400 significant earthquakes are recorded in New Zealand, of which roughly 100 are likely to be felt without instruments, but aren't of sufficient importance to warrant public notice. The biggest New Zealand earthquake in historical times was near Wellington on 23 January 1855. It had a magnitude of about 8 on the Richter scale and was felt over about 940,000 sq km, tilting a block of land 50 m wide and 190 km long. In Wellington the uplift was 1.5 m; great stretches of shore became permanently exposed (including what is now the airport). The centre lay along the Wairarapa Fault, whose horizontal movement is estimated to have been at least 12 m compared with about 6 m for the 1906 San Francisco earthquake. Despite this huge movement, only 12 people died in the quake, because Wellington was still sparsely populated at that stage.
  • Less than 5% of the population of New Zealand is human - the rest are animals, giving one of the highest ratios of humans to animals in the world.
  • The first all-female group of pallbearers was six sisters who carried their father's coffin in 1974. Mr James O'Brien died on 1 June 1974, leaving eight daughters, 6 of whom officiated as pallbearers.
  • More rainbow trout in the 2-3 kg category are caught annually in New Zealand than in the rest of the world put together.
  • Energy consumption per head in NZ on a kilogram-of-coal equivalent is around 3,000 kg. This compares with 6,845 in Australia, 10,888 in North America and 4,023 in Western Europe.
  • New Zealand has more bookshops per head of population than any other country; one for every 7,500 people (compared with one for every 19,000 in England and one for every 50,000 in the USA).
  • The shortest term of a New Zealand Prime Minister was seven days: Harry Atkinson was appointed on 28 August 1884 and resigned on 3 September 1884, beating the record of his immediate predecessor, Robert Stout, by six days.
  • The youngest person ever elected to a city council in New Zealand was Miss Vicki Buck, who won a seat on the Christchurch City Council in a by-election in May 1975, at the age of 19. Her majority was in excess of a thousand. (Vicki Buck went on to become mayor of Christchurch.)
  • A total of 194,000 men (67% of all NZ males between 18 and 45) served in World War II.
  • There are more Scottish pipe bands per head of population in NZ than in Scotland.
  • There are 10 sheep per person in NZ

Do Not XBL-Message or PM Me Website or Community Issues/Requests.
Use The Support Centre Instead!

cruSig2.jpg

#22 Fallen Angels95

Fallen Angels95

Grand Provost Marshal

• Elite Member
  • Others:
  • 3,585 posts
  • Xbox Live:fallen angels95

Posted 06 August 2012 - 09:52 AM

all i saw was sheep,ppl and water..lots of water. but ok sorry. told you i know nothing ;)

To be just, our law must be cruel.

To stand upon the bedrock of law is our great duty. To presume to stand above it is our worst heresy.

We determine the guilty. We decide the punishment.

#23 NightWolf889

NightWolf889

Crimson Fist Initiate

• Members
  • Pip
  • 298 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 09:52 AM

I find it more odd that almost all of the players I play with on Xbox are east coast US players. With the exception of Sidller I'm the only west coaster. Heck I think I'm the only one on this website from Montana. I know Gnome Archmage used to live in the same city as I do now, but other than that I think the closest person I know is all the way up in Calgary...

...Keiya you wouldn't happen to be a west coaster would you? *hopeful face*
“Victory does not always rest with the big guns:
but, if we rest in front of them we shall be lost.”
-Commander Argentius, Silver Skulls

#24 JC 042

JC 042

Sons of The Fallen clan leader

• GWRS Governing Council
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter
  • 9,552 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 10:03 AM

NOTE: i actually prefer the british english that the american english, it is more elegant

"Yo blahd if u say shit that makes me sound like some french speaking elegant shit I'll shanck you one, get me?

BRAP! BRAP! BRAP! BRAP! BRAP! BRAP!"

Are you sure about that :P?

Posted Image

JC: 99% Anime, 1% hot gas

#25 RDSFirebane

RDSFirebane

Guardsmen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 313 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 10:09 AM

<---- Live's in Tennessee been playing game's with British people sine I was 12 has developed British accent that's fairly strong by the age of 21. My point focus less on not understanding what people are saying and more on not picking up their damn accents!!! lol

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTfjgLlMzdxNZZPvrul2rS6qcWN-47VkKR1rdWV4WW-jzWitzxC&t=1

#26 warhammer guy

warhammer guy

Lone Astartes

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 11:25 AM

I'm an English lad living in Scotland atm...but is speak proper English mot the slang the chavs speak. And well I like my posh accent although I do use alot of American words

looks like proper english to me...
warhammer guy, Glorified Meatshield In The Gothic Wars Since Jan 2012.

Posted Image

#27 Keiya

Keiya

Legatus Primus

• Interrogator
  • Others: Community Manager
  • 1,368 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 01:55 PM

How awesome. 2 replies before bed - wake up to random funny nonsense and a geography lesson. <3 Love this place.

I've honestly been wanting to move; Exit the states. You know, since Bush messed it up baaaaad~ Any of you people want to harbor a foreigner? Might help you pick up chicks. We can be wing-men. :P

Posted Image

"I scar my armor so that you may know, for I am a Templar of Blood."

#28 Optic20

Optic20

Grand Master - The Finder of Secrets

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 03:32 PM

I find it more odd that almost all of the players I play with on Xbox are east coast US players. With the exception of Sidller I'm the only west coaster. Heck I think I'm the only one on this website from Montana. I know Gnome Archmage used to live in the same city as I do now, but other than that I think the closest person I know is all the way up in Calgary...

im offened Nightwolf...truely offended.
You Forget im from Las Vegas and i am currently living in California(Work..:@) Also, Obi is from Arizonia...and a few new recruits as of last week are from the west coast.

+++Cru you sir have taught me a few things today - for starters - i learned that i dont ever want to go to new zealand.:D and not once did you admit to being a hobbit or a rider of Rohan. A slow applause starts off in the distanace... :cool:
"By the Lion, I will find out what you know, even if it kills you."
Postad bild

#29 Armoured Priest

Armoured Priest

Man in the long black coat

• Administrators
  • Others: GWRS Governing Council
  • 10,192 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 03:36 PM

I was born in Texas and have never left the state. I want to get out of state, even if it's just for a visit! I hate the heat, love the cold. Any north of me willing to take me in?:D:P

Burning, Stabbing, Devouring, Changing, Resurrecting and creating in Sanctuary
We have such sights to show you...

SignatureBurias_zpsafd03a97.jpg

#30 cosyn

cosyn

asault veteran of the 1st

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 03:47 PM

Not one Canadian, not one:huh:

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Tapatalk 2
cosyn, Glorified Meatshield In The Gothic Wars Since Jul 2012.
------------------asault veteran of the 1st-----------------

#31 Keiya

Keiya

Legatus Primus

• Interrogator
  • Others: Community Manager
  • 1,368 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 03:47 PM

Sadly, no - Midwest myself. Arkansas to be exact. Moved here a while back, been stuck since. I like the freedom to do whatever the hell I want. "Oh look, a field. -Barrels through in truck-" " Hey, I got this new gun. Lets' go out in the backyard and fire it!" " Why did you walk in my yard? Didn't you see the No Trespassing sign? -chambers round-"

It's pretty nifty, just boring. Looking to move somewhere a bit more... cultured.

Posted Image

"I scar my armor so that you may know, for I am a Templar of Blood."

#32 Fallen Angels95

Fallen Angels95

Grand Provost Marshal

• Elite Member
  • Others:
  • 3,585 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 03:51 PM

Cosyn....not since bieber my friend. Nit since beiber

To stand upon the bedrock of law is our great duty. To presume to stand above it is our worst heresy.

#33 Grimaldus

Grimaldus

Librarian, Keeper of the Lore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,125 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 04:37 PM

I am a Texas native currently living in Korea... I'll take the "proper" English over the local native language any day.

For that matter, I'll take Grimaldus' native language... it sounds like home. ;) "Una cervesa por favor!"

gracias a dios, alguien que habla español :D

In New Zealand the nearest GW to me is on the other fucking island!

at least the neartest is not in another fucking continent!

also fun fact:
-do you know that according to a survey the happiest people of the world live in my city (Maracaibo, Venezuela) the only thing we care at the end of the day is that we have enough money for one more beer :P

Posted Image

#34 Fallen Angels95

Fallen Angels95

Grand Provost Marshal

• Elite Member
  • Others:
  • 3,585 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 04:46 PM

Not saying much....

#35 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

Squeak Squeak Mother F***ers

• Administrators
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter, GWRS Governing Council
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 08:00 PM

also fun fact:
-do you know that according to a survey the happiest people of the world live in my city (Maracaibo, Venezuela) the only thing we care at the end of the day is that we have enough money for one more beer :P

Perhaps why they keep voting your dictator back into office oO

Do Not XBL-Message or PM Me Website or Community Issues/Requests.
Use The Support Centre Instead!

cruSig2.jpg

#36 SuperFreakyNick

SuperFreakyNick

Guardsmen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 498 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 08:57 PM

Besides English, Latin and American Sign Language are the only languages I know. Neither are useful in voice-chat on the Xbox. I know some Korean because of my sister-in-law (her entire family is Korean/from Korea), but not enough to make full conversations. Also I'm not sure if I should count Latin since it's mostly vocab words and the thought of my AP Latin class makes me want to curl up on the floor in a fetal position and cry.
Our hero, our hero, claims a warrior's heart. I tell you, I tell you, the Dragonborn comes.

#37 Talos Valcoran

Talos Valcoran

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • 1,202 posts
  • Xbox Live:Archmage Talos
  • PSN:Morgoth1100
  • Social Groups:Raven Guard

Posted 06 August 2012 - 09:10 PM

I live in southern Georgia and I'd rather live somewhere else.

If you win, you live. If you lose, you die. If you don't fight, you can't win! - Eren Yaeger (Attack on Titan)

#38 Grimaldus

Grimaldus

Librarian, Keeper of the Lore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,125 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 09:33 PM

Perhaps why they keep voting your dictator back into office oO

really? you go there, ok.

well is not my fault that the opposition is full with greed people that want power, at least this years is 1 on 1 and not 5 on 1, now that is unity :P

and besides he only got re elected once :P
(just a joke)

Posted Image

#39 Armoured Priest

Armoured Priest

Man in the long black coat

• Administrators
  • Others: GWRS Governing Council
  • 10,192 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 09:36 PM

Yeay, it is not as bad as relecting George W. Bush, twice, in a row. :dodgy:

Burning, Stabbing, Devouring, Changing, Resurrecting and creating in Sanctuary
We have such sights to show you...

SignatureBurias_zpsafd03a97.jpg

#40 JC 042

JC 042

Sons of The Fallen clan leader

• GWRS Governing Council
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter
  • 9,552 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 09:43 PM

The UK needs an Obama, we can only vote for 3 different shades of shit of red, yellow, and blue. If you had to choose between David Cameron, Nick Klegg, and David Milliban (or Edd Milliban, no one knows which is which :P) you would vote for Jeremy Clarkson just because he is on Top Gear...

Posted Image

JC: 99% Anime, 1% hot gas

Change Theme!