49 replies to this topic

#1 Keiya

Keiya

Legatus Primus

• Interrogator
  • Others: Community Manager
  • 1,368 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 08:58 PM

Well while we all have a few things in common (obviously) I'm a bit curious as to what other people tend to do outside of this universe. You know, things you nit-pick with - do when you're bored. That kind of stuff.

I, personally, work as a software technician. So I get to stare at DB's all day. I also play several games in my spare time excluding when my main hobby doesn't step in the way. These games range from this one to several MMO's, FPS', RTS', and of course console. Currently anticipating the latest releases of Halo, Assassins' Creed, and The Last of Us.

For outside I find myself handling firearms, taking part in outdoor events (I'm in the south so usually something to do with wildlife or running a truck up the side of a muddy river bank), or my true passion - speed.

I like to build vehicles in my spare time, from force induction 4 cylinders to V8 LS equipped engines and anything in between. I'm well known in the DSM platform which has a massive following - and have always owned one of these 4 cylinder AWD vehicles since day one of my vehicle owning life. I have gone through and have stopped on 15. :) My current one is my final one and she is currently waiting on her heart transplant (engine) to be finished. I'll be expecting it to only run low 11's as I wish to daily drive it/take it out and have fun. So full interior, AC, everything will be kept. Can't drive across state in 101* weather without AC.

I also own (or have owned if it's marked) - 99' Expedition (To mud/tow with. ;P ), 97 Formula Firebird (6 Speed - built LS1 Swapped engine/drivetrain), 98 Eagle Talon (Also built engine and drivetrain), 96' Mitsubishi 3000GT, 92 Mitusbishi 3000GT Twin Turbo, 90' Eagle Talon TSI AWD**, 96' Eagle Talon TSI AWD** (Running 38 PSI, built engine and drive train), 95' Mitsubishi Eclipse GST**, 95' Eagle Talon TSI AWD** (Stock), 96 Formula Firebird** (Automatic Built engine),

So, needless to say I'm a fan of Turbocharged power and torque. How about you guys?

Oh, and pictures as well. ;D

http://desmond.image...jpg&res=landing

^ Here's the Auto Bird. ;D

^ My old Baby. Should have never let her go.

^ And Wrex again. Lovely thing - and scary.

^ My new baby, Onyx - as I picked her up. In pieces!

^
The engine bay of my VR4

^ The 6 Speed bird. <3

^ A shot of a random turbo. Haha.

Posted Image

"I scar my armor so that you may know, for I am a Templar of Blood."

#2 MetalHead666X

MetalHead666X

Sorcerer Supreme of the Thousand Sons

• GWRS Governing Council
  • 2,438 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 09:08 PM

I honestly thought this thread was called Hobbits

Seriously.

Two Giratina are better than one.

Posted Image

Thanks to Astral Shadow of Serebii for the Signiture

#3 Zero

Zero

Moderator detective

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,170 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 09:09 PM

I'm a pretty big gamer as well, but unfortunately my PS3 died last month so I won't be playing any big releases for awhile. I do still have my 3DS & Wii though. I mainly stick to FPS, RTS, & RPG's.

My only other hobby right now is watching anime. Which I've been doing a lot of lately.

I guess you could consider moderating this forum a hobby as well but yeah...

#4 Keiya

Keiya

Legatus Primus

• Interrogator
  • 1,368 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 09:10 PM

Seriously.

I'm not surprised. So, for your viewing pleasure -

Posted Image

I'm a pretty big gamer as well, but unfortunately my PS3 died last month so I won't be playing any big releases for awhile. I do still have my 3DS & Wii though. I mainly stick to FPS, RTS, & RPG's.

My only other hobby right now is watching anime. Which I've been doing a lot of lately.

I guess you could consider moderating this forum a hobby as well but yeah...

In truth? I don't know how I have time for most of my hobbies - I'm also an anime junkie. My hard drives, media server, and living room movie rack are full of videos, manga, etc. If I haven't heard the name, it must not exist. :P As for the PS3 dying, it's a sign. It's time to step up to an XBOX. Haha.

Moderating is always a good hobby. I should hop on that train somewhere - give me something to do here at work besides get bored and run down to the gym to make these free soda calories disappear.

Posted Image

#5 MetalHead666X

MetalHead666X

Sorcerer Supreme of the Thousand Sons

• GWRS Governing Council
  • 2,438 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 09:18 PM

THERE TAKING THE HOBBITS TO ISENGARD!

HHHOOOOOOOOBBBBBBBBBIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTTTTTTSSSSSSSS. 
On topic I mostly read, Write, Draw, Get pissed for no apparent reason and then I will think of something else to do.

Two Giratina are better than one.

Posted Image

Thanks to Astral Shadow of Serebii for the Signiture

#6 Zero

Zero

Moderator detective

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,170 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 09:31 PM

In truth? I don't know how I have time for most of my hobbies - I'm also an anime junkie. My hard drives, media server, and living room movie rack are full of videos, manga, etc. If I haven't heard the name, it must not exist. :P As for the PS3 dying, it's a sign. It's time to step up to an XBOX. Haha.

Moderating is always a good hobby. I should hop on that train somewhere - give me something to do here at work besides get bored and run down to the gym to make these free soda calories disappear.

If I wasn't already so heavily invested in my PS3 I would consider it, but right now I'm saving my money up to buy a new computer.

As for your second comment, we'll be accepting applications for moderator positions soon.

#7 JC 042

JC 042

Sons of The Fallen clan leader

• GWRS Governing Council
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter
  • 9,552 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 09:32 PM

Seriously.

In all honesty I thought the same :P

Spoiler

I enjoyed killing bucket loads of hobbits in Lord of The Rigs Conquest, I was so happy when I got the trophy for killing 300 hobbits in one life I decided to do it all over again :P.

:P As for the PS3 dying, it's a sign. It's time to step up to an XBOX. Haha.

I admit I regret buying the PS3, but I had little choice because I couldnt financialy run a 360.

For hobbies I do A LOT of video games, Warhammer 40K tabletop, painting, converting, reading, hating (prices and Matt Ward), some random animes and mangas like Death Note and Rosario+Vampire, and being here on GW.

Posted Image

JC: 99% Anime, 1% hot gas

#8 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

Squeak Squeak Mother F***ers

• Administrators
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter, GWRS Governing Council
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 09:38 PM

Most of my time not taken up by assignments, lectures and labs at University (last year thank god!) is taken up running the website.

I what spare time I have I like to play Battlefield 3 with the GWRS guys, Sins of A Solar Empire, and Star Trek Online. I used to be majorly into MMOs but I got sick of the little kids on WoW and none of the others quite shaped up, something to do with my funky timezone making it hard to get people to play with.

I am a Civil Engineering Student, but I have a passion for technology which is sort of how this website came into existence.

Next year when I am working I intend to restart my warhammer army in earnest. I had to sell my Imperial Crusade Apoc Army, I want to rebuild it :D

Do Not XBL-Message or PM Me Website or Community Issues/Requests.
Use The Support Centre Instead!

cruSig2.jpg

#9 Keiya

Keiya

Legatus Primus

• Interrogator
  • 1,368 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 09:39 PM

If I wasn't already so heavily invested in my PS3 I would consider it, but right now I'm saving my money up to buy a new computer.

As for your second comment, we'll be accepting applications for moderator positions soon.

A new computer huh? Well, that just so happens to be my second passion. :) If you would like some help on building one for a decent price, shoot me a PM and we can get you a list together!

As for applications for Moderation - I miss swinging the Ban-hammer, but those days have passed. I might be a little too 'lax' for the job. "Oh, grammatical errors? Let me bake you a cake."

For hobbies I do A LOT of video games, Warhammer 40K tabletop, painting, converting, reading, hating (prices and Matt Ward), some random animes and mangas like Death Note and Rosario+Vampire, and being here on GW.

I've always wanted to get into the tabletop game - but I just don't know anyone around here who's into it. So I get stuck with my hobbies, writing, reading, etc. x.x

Rosario+Vampire huh? I haven't read it yet. Watched a little... the voice acting isn't the greatest. I might have to download and give it a shot in manga form. I have a habit of trying to relate female characters like that to Lucy from Elfen Lied, though...and none compare. Hah.

Most of my time not taken up by assignments, lectures and labs at University (last year thank god!) is taken up running the website.

I what spare time I have I like to play Battlefield 3 with the GWRS guys, Sins of A Solar Empire, and Star Trek Online. I used to be majorly into MMOs but I got sick of the little kids on WoW and none of the others quite shaped up, something to do with my funky timezone making it hard to get people to play with.

I am a Civil Engineering Student, but I have a passion for technology which is sort of how this website came into existence.

Next year when I am working I intend to restart my warhammer army in earnest. I had to sell my Imperial Crusade Apoc Army, I want to rebuild it :D

Battlefield 3 stole my life for a month - couldn't get into Sins as I'm a very in-depth EvE online player (Wanna shoot a laser? Read a book for 2 months. People who have played should understand this.) Haven't given Star Trek online a shot... but with the failure of SWTOR I'm a bit jaded. I went back to WoW and I love it. It's not the same as it used to be but I still have a lot of friends that play and being able to visit memory-filled areas with the ability to fly to them instead of run is nice.

I used to Script/Host various MMO's (private servers) from Ragnarok online to Lineage2. I got into computers and technology after being hit by a truck at 15 and being bed/house bound for over a year and a half. After that I recovered but kept the passion for games and PC's. If I have a badass car, I much have a more badass computer. ^^ I've GM'd for a few major games (AoC, Ragnarok Online, Lineage2, etc) but now that I'm older (23) I just don't have the time outside of work to do anything outside of associating with forums....So yeah.. forums are pretty much my life now. And RPs... but I haven't really become a part of a Major RP here yet since Beta is on Pause.

Posted Image

#10 DTdante2787

DTdante2787

I will never be a memory

• Interrogator
  • 1,886 posts
  • Xbox Live:dtdante2787
  • Steam:nightlorddante
  • Social Groups:Night Lords

Posted 03 August 2012 - 09:55 PM

I'm a cook for a living, though I will be going to school in the Fall in hopes of changing that profession soon.

Like many members of this forum, I enjoy going to the firing range, watch some anime and draw, that sort of thing. My biggest vice however is cosplay, primarily Devil May Cry influenced, though I've dabbled in a few other series as well. I make costume props on the side too, which has yielded some income, so I'm not sure if that classifies as hobby or work..lol

I will just share some of my best work lest my hobby consume this topic. Most of my work is on my deviantArt (www.alucard27.deviantart.com) if you really must see more :P

Posted Image Based on the concept art for Dante's Devil Trigger (demon form) from Devil May Cry 4

Posted Image
I DID say I cosplay other stuff besides Devil May Cry...so I threw in this costume I did as Spawn (yes, I am on the roof)

Posted Image Devil May Cry 1 Dante

Posted Image Probably one of my favorite prop guns, Bayonetta's Onyx Rose shotgun. SOO much modification went into this baby...totally worth it

raptor_by_artimac-d4xg7cccopy_zps5623e7c

#11 Keiya

Keiya

Legatus Primus

• Interrogator
  • 1,368 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 10:00 PM

I'm a cook for a living, though I will be going to school in the Fall in hopes of changing that profession soon.

Like many members of this forum, I enjoy going to the firing range, watch some anime and draw, that sort of thing. My biggest vice however is cosplay, primarily Devil May Cry influenced, though I've dabbled in a few other series as well. I make costume props on the side too, which has yielded some income, so I'm not sure if that classifies as hobby or work..lol

I will just share some of my best work lest my hobby consume this topic. Most of my work is on my deviantArt (www.alucard27.deviantart.com) if you really must see more :P

Posted Image Based on the concept art for Dante's Devil Trigger (demon form) from Devil May Cry 4

Posted Image
I DID say I cosplay other stuff besides Devil May Cry...so I threw in this costume I did as Spawn (yes, I am on the roof)

Posted Image Devil May Cry 1 Dante

Posted Image Probably one of my favorite prop guns, Bayonetta's Onyx Rose shotgun. SOO much modification went into this baby...totally worth it

........If you were a woman, you'd be hunted down and tossed a fancy steak and shrimp dinner - and I WOULD call you again.

I'll take a look at the Dev when I get home. Never know what you can find in those darn places. That's actually really neat!

Posted Image

#12 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

• Administrators
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 10:10 PM

Battlefield 3 stole my life for a month - couldn't get into Sins as I'm a very in-depth EvE online player (Wanna shoot a laser? Read a book for 2 months. People who have played should understand this.) Haven't given Star Trek online a shot... but with the failure of SWTOR I'm a bit jaded. I went back to WoW and I love it. It's not the same as it used to be but I still have a lot of friends that play and being able to visit memory-filled areas with the ability to fly to them instead of run is nice.

I am a Star Trek nerd, so when STO went free to play I jumped back in. Nice nerd-time for me.

SWTOR was epic for about a month, then I hit cap and realised it wasn't that great. It is going F2P, but I cannot do Operations and heavily restricted PVP wise, so might not bother. Currently planning on getting back into WoW and joining Thugrens venerable guild (4 fucking years oO)

cruSig2.jpg

#13 Zero

Zero

Moderator detective

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,170 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 10:15 PM

I used to play WoW, but after all the changes they've made I don't think I'll ever be able to get back into it.

#14 Keiya

Keiya

Legatus Primus

• Interrogator
  • 1,368 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 10:16 PM

I am a Star Trek nerd, so when STO went free to play I jumped back in. Nice nerd-time for me.

SWTOR was epic for about a month, then I hit cap and realised it wasn't that great. It is going F2P, but I cannot do Operations and heavily restricted PVP wise, so might not bother. Currently planning on getting back into WoW and joining Thugrens venerable guild (4 fucking years oO)

SWTOR was amazing, even for me, for a couple of months. There was and still is a lot of potential in the game. I got caught up in Vettes' storyline.. and running Foundry over and over and over because of the end-boss. <3 KoTOR ftw, right? Revan is just beast. They shouldn't have allowed you to beat him, honestly. Hearing that it went F@P due to EA muscling Bioware around really irked me....

I used to play WoW, but after all the changes they've made I don't think I'll ever be able to get back into it.

It's -not- the same game. 25 mans instead of 50's? Running through BRD with 5 people just spanking? Yeah, that didn't happen back in Vanilla. However.. it's still fun. And I picked up the game and all expansions for $30. Winning. I just want to see the new areas and run the new raids.

Posted Image

#15 JC 042

JC 042

Sons of The Fallen clan leader

• GWRS Governing Council
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter
  • 9,552 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 10:19 PM

Rosario+Vampire huh? I haven't read it yet. Watched a little... the voice acting isn't the greatest. I might have to download and give it a shot in manga form. I have a habit of trying to relate female characters like that to Lucy from Elfen Lied, though...and none compare. Hah.

Ive heard a lot of bad stuff about the anime as well, I really enjoyed the mangas though. It is definitley aimed at a teenage audience if you know what I mean :P, a lot of moments my freind describes as "Goosh" moments when the main character is frequently sufficated from being hugged and pressed into this one girls... watermelons.... I think thats the best way to describe Kurumo :P.

I admit I have had a crush on Mizore Shirayuki as soon she came into the series :blush:

EDIT: And DAMN Dante those look awesome, Nick might be interested in some tips as I heard she has been attempting some cosplays recently.

Posted Image

JC: 99% Anime, 1% hot gas

#16 Zero

Zero

Moderator detective

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,170 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 10:23 PM

It's -not- the same game. 25 mans instead of 50's? Running through BRD with 5 people just spanking? Yeah, that didn't happen back in Vanilla. However.. it's still fun. And I picked up the game and all expansions for $30. Winning. I just want to see the new areas and run the new raids.

I can live with that, it's more of the class changes that I don't like. I mean they removed soul shards, ffs.

EDIT:

Ive heard a lot of bad stuff about the anime as well, I really enjoyed the mangas though. It is definitley aimed at a teenage audience if you know what I mean :P, a lot of moments my freind describes as "Goosh" moments when the main character is frequently sufficated from being hugged and pressed into this one girls... watermelons.... I think thats the best way to describe Kurumo :P.

I admit I have had a crush on Mizore Shirayuki as soon she came into the series :blush:

Are you watching the dub or the sub?

#17 Keiya

Keiya

Legatus Primus

• Interrogator
  • 1,368 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 10:24 PM

All I can say is - Good taste.

I have some hidden furry in me somewhere due to my first anime crush when I was much younger was Aisha ClanClan. Then it just upgraded from there. To this day, even being able to pick up ladies or having a girlfriend, I find myself going " Man, wish I could find one of these at the local mall. ;D" Lmao.

I can live with that, it's more of the class changes that I don't like. I mean they removed soul shards, ffs.

And hunters no longer use Mana. And pets no longer are special (IE : Snarler being ridiculously resistant to Nature, Poison, etc.) ...Yeah.

Posted Image

#18 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

• Administrators
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 10:24 PM

SWTOR was amazing, even for me, for a couple of months. There was and still is a lot of potential in the game. I got caught up in Vettes' storyline.. and running Foundry over and over and over because of the end-boss. <3 KoTOR ftw, right? Revan is just beast. They shouldn't have allowed you to beat him, honestly. Hearing that it went F@P due to EA muscling Bioware around really irked me....

We didn't actually see Revan die, and they have said he might reappear as an Operation boss somewhere down the track.

I loved Foundry before they de-bugged it. Loved how the last 25% of his HP was basically "OMG OMG OMG WE'RE ALL GOING TO DIE!!!"

cruSig2.jpg

#19 Keiya

Keiya

Legatus Primus

• Interrogator
  • 1,368 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 10:27 PM

We didn't actually see Revan die, and they have said he might reappear as an Operation boss somewhere down the track.

I loved Foundry before they de-bugged it. Loved how the last 25% of his HP was basically "OMG OMG OMG WE'RE ALL GOING TO DIE!!!"

He didn't die... but it's REVAN. We shouldn't have been able to touch him! Haha. That entire run is fun. The damn crater worm got me every time, though. I always forgot to get out of the way of the acid. I never did get the mount from Revans' chest, however. It dropped the first time through and someone got it - and then complained about how ugly it looked and never used it again. It almost made me sick.

Posted Image

#20 Talos Valcoran

Talos Valcoran

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • 1,202 posts
  • Xbox Live:Archmage Talos
  • PSN:Morgoth1100
  • Social Groups:Raven Guard

Posted 03 August 2012 - 10:29 PM

I'm currently in college, Training to be a technician of some-sort. But I currently work at a Gamestop near my town. But on my off time I build really big houses on Minecraft.

If you win, you live. If you lose, you die. If you don't fight, you can't win! - Eren Yaeger (Attack on Titan)

Change Theme!