42 replies to this topic

#21 Omegon

Omegon

Chaplain,First Company.

• Members
  • Pip
  • 124 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 11:46 PM

Alpha Legion,the Hydra strikes from everywhere at once.
HYDRA DOMINATOS!!
The Blood of Mighty Dorn pumps though me, what chance have you against me Traitor?

#22 JC 042

JC 042

Sons of The Fallen clan leader

• GWRS Governing Council
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter
  • 9,552 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 09:59 AM

Under a technicality the Luna Wolves were the greatest, the most successive victories out of all of the legions.

My favourite would be the Night Lords, as they are the ones who 'effectively' brought worlds into compliance, the worlds were conquered by them were too scared to rebel against the Imperium. And the ones that they didnt conquer and rebelled surrendered immediatly just by being told the Night Lords were coming. The Night Haunter is the only one who found a way to reliably control an entire empire without it falling apart.

Posted Image

JC: 99% Anime, 1% hot gas

#23 Fallen Angels95

Fallen Angels95

Grand Provost Marshal

• Elite Member
  • Others:
  • 3,585 posts
  • Xbox Live:fallen angels95

Posted 30 July 2012 - 10:17 AM

JC I'll have to differ from you there......The Ultramarines victories took them very far from the emperors reach and therefore didn't arrive until near the end of the heresy

To be just, our law must be cruel.

To stand upon the bedrock of law is our great duty. To presume to stand above it is our worst heresy.

We determine the guilty. We decide the punishment.

#24 JC 042

JC 042

• GWRS Governing Council
  • 9,552 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 10:36 AM

Thn if its rated on reach the Word Bearers have earned the trophy of expanding the Imperiums borders the most, the general location of the Ultramarines meant they were already very far from Terra in the first place.

Posted Image

#25 Fallen Angels95

Fallen Angels95

Grand Provost Marshal

• Elite Member
  • Others:
  • 3,585 posts
  • Xbox Live:fallen angels95

Posted 30 July 2012 - 11:02 AM

In a way yes...but they expanded very far....

But im going to go for Magnus wait no the EMPEROR because he's the best

To be just, our law must be cruel.

To stand upon the bedrock of law is our great duty. To presume to stand above it is our worst heresy.

We determine the guilty. We decide the punishment.

#26 JC 042

JC 042

• GWRS Governing Council
  • 9,552 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 12:39 PM

Magnus did very little in the Great Crusade, he conquered very few worlds, in fact he spent most of his time with expanding knowledge and science that was never used or shared at all.

Posted Image

#27 bloodgod582

bloodgod582

Tech marine

• Members
  • Others:
  • Pip
  • 201 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 02:01 PM

He did try to share some of it with the emperor by telling him horus was gonna rebel but the emperor didn't like it and sent the space wolfs to destroy prospero
skulls again why can't I have nice things

#28 JC 042

JC 042

• GWRS Governing Council
  • 9,552 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 03:17 PM

Well that was all actually a huge misunderstanding, the Emperor sent the wolves to bring them into cusdidy, Horus changed it to send the Wolves to wipe them out. And the warning wasnt really somthing to keep secret if he was loyal. By knowledge I mean all of their sorceries, sciences, and magics were never shared

Posted Image

#29 Brother Aries

Brother Aries

Chaplin 3rd company

• Members
  • Pip
  • 231 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 12:46 AM

Well. Brothers once again I have to spend time in the us army uniform. When I return on Monday I plan on doing some serious gaming. So who ever would be up for some exterm message me. I'll hopefully be on at noon Arkansas time. Hope to see some fellow astartes in the livery of their chapters.
I am become death. The destroyer of worlds.

#30 DTdante2787

DTdante2787

I will never be a memory

• Interrogator
  • 1,886 posts
  • Xbox Live:dtdante2787
  • Steam:nightlorddante
  • Social Groups:Night Lords

Posted 03 August 2012 - 01:13 AM

I'm torn between the Space Wolves and Night Lords

Space Wolves because I've always admired Leman Russ and the rebellious yet loyal spirit that legion has. Plus I love the mix of Nordic culture and Werewolves :P

Night Lords because they are just hardcore...the use of terror, the savage tactics, the dark iconography..what's not to like? I'm drawn to them also because they are not radically connected to any one Chaos god (as I am more loyalist at heart)...they're basically just there to create mass chaos (those better versed in Night Lords fluff feel free to correct me)

raptor_by_artimac-d4xg7cccopy_zps5623e7c

#31 dx144

dx144

Amon Amarth, Sabaton, Red Army Choir and Ensiferum Fan

• Elite Member
  • Others: ,
  • 5,680 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 01:38 AM

Well I am always wearing my Emperors Children armour. Except for a chapter match were I need to be in my Night Lord armour =)

"You fiend, have I never encountered such corrupt and foul-minded perversity! Have you ever considered a career in the Church?" - The Baby-Eating Bishop of Bath and Wells

#32 bloodgod582

bloodgod582

Tech marine

• Members
  • Others:
  • Pip
  • 201 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 02:09 AM

I'm currently trying to make a close enough copy of the luna wolfs armor in space marines I can get the paint right but I don't know what to use for the shoulder badge
skulls again why can't I have nice things

#33 dx144

dx144

• Elite Member
  • 5,680 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 07:33 AM

I leave my pre-heresy Emperor's Children with no emblem. Shame I wish they added some pre-heresy emblems would have been a nice touch.

Or I use MK6 armour for the shoulders.

"You fiend, have I never encountered such corrupt and foul-minded perversity! Have you ever considered a career in the Church?" - The Baby-Eating Bishop of Bath and Wells

#34 Lord Ariok

Lord Ariok

Chaos Lord

• GWRS Governing Council
  • 2,772 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 11:06 AM

world eaters all the way for the heresy novels purely because they never ever cared who died and they just smash whatever enemy they faced to shit
Posted Image

#35 Brother Aries

Brother Aries

Chaplin 3rd company

• Members
  • Pip
  • 231 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 03:18 PM

I am pretty sure thq has forgotten about this game. But I leave my shoulders blank most of the time unless I am with my brothers then I wear my Chaplin set up. I just think the pre hearsy stuff deserves some love too.
I am become death. The destroyer of worlds.

#36 Omegon

Omegon

Chaplain,First Company.

• Members
  • Pip
  • 124 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 06:01 PM

Yeah THQ could make some money of me if they added some Power Fists,Lighting Claws, Terminator armor among other things.
The Blood of Mighty Dorn pumps though me, what chance have you against me Traitor?

#37 DTdante2787

DTdante2787

I will never be a memory

• Interrogator
  • 1,886 posts
  • Xbox Live:dtdante2787
  • Steam:nightlorddante
  • Social Groups:Night Lords

Posted 03 August 2012 - 08:34 PM

I second that...also Librarian armor/weapons/etc

raptor_by_artimac-d4xg7cccopy_zps5623e7c

#38 dx144

dx144

• Elite Member
  • 5,680 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 08:41 PM

Just make some Pre Heresy skins or just add an emblem pack so I can make my pre heresy Emperors Children have something that looks good on the shoulder =)

#39 JC 042

JC 042

• GWRS Governing Council
  • 9,552 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 09:15 PM

For the Pre Heresy Night Lords out there the Blood Angels successor (Angels of Sanguine I think) badge looks remarkably similar to the Night Lords symbol.

Posted Image

#40 dx144

dx144

• Elite Member
  • 5,680 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 01:01 AM

We use Angels of Sanguine for Night Lords but that is really the only pre heresy emblem look alike except the Death Guard look alike. There might be some more for the lapdogs but who knows....

Change Theme!