#1 ScanMan p13

ScanMan p13

3rd company

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 10:24 PM

Page 85

I have three questions that I cannot discern for myself:

1. Can only a vehicle with the tank type perform a tank shock? Sometimes the book says vehicle and sometimes it says tank.

2. May I pre-measure before I declare how many inches my tank will move when I declare it will tank shock?

3. Units that fall back from tank shock move toward their table edge. If they would end up underneath the tank even after their fallback distance they must move out of the way by the shortest distance, leaving at least 1" between them and the vehicle. So for instance if a unit falls back from tank shock and ends up flanking impassible terrain, or an enemy unit but then the tank still reaches them, do those models underneath just move anywhere 1" from the hull or do they get run over? For instance if a 1" move (the shortest route away) gets them out of the way of the tank but puts them into impassible terrain do they get run over as being an instance where they're trapped, or is it okay if they move 4" to the other side of the vehicle into a clear area?

The 1" move would be the shortest route out of the path of the tank but since they can't escape because of impassible terrain they get crushed. A 4" move is not the shortest route possible but it gets them out of the way. is it okay if they dont take the shortest route?

Basicly I want to know if I can attempt to corner units or take advantage of unsuspecting units to try to force them to get run over.

#2 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

Squeak Squeak Mother F***ers

• Administrators
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter, GWRS Governing Council
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 10:48 PM

I remember some Dark Angels doing this to Necrons in a White Dwarf years ago, they used the Landspeeder tank shock to force the Crons into path of the Landraider.

Different edition, but I would suspect that it's still possible and in the spirit because the WD team did it to each other.

I also just want to take the opportunity to impart a warning to all community members. Our copyright rules forbid you (all members and staff) from sharing restricted material - including GW Rules. Therefore if you have to ask a question, give page references and avoid typing out the rules.

Do Not XBL-Message or PM Me Website or Community Issues/Requests.
Use The Support Centre Instead!

cruSig2.jpg

#3 JC 042

JC 042

Sons of The Fallen clan leader

• GWRS Governing Council
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter
  • 9,552 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 07:34 AM

Haha, I remember doing that loads, I used to get 2 land speeders to make a wedge between a unit then drive a Vindicator into them :P

Unfortunatly I have no idea how the current rules work, Ive only read bits and pieces of the rules and havent even practiced it yet.

Posted Image

JC: 99% Anime, 1% hot gas

Change Theme!