DTdante2787

I will never be a memory

• Interrogator
  • 1,886 posts
  • Xbox Live:dtdante2787
  • Steam:nightlorddante
  • Social Groups:Night Lords

Posted 20 July 2012 - 11:00 PM

I was thinking to myself as I was working on my latest art piece recently, and was wondering, who among us would/could actually endure all the surgery and conditioning to become a space marine? Granted we are mostly too old now as the standard candidate is ideally 10-14 years old

Remember, just a STANDARD marine has 19 extra organs added to him, not counting special cases such as Space Wolves, Grey Knights, The Excorcists, etc.

This is not meant to turn into a "I'm the MANLIEST" thread...this is simply a thought process about would you actually be tough enough, dedicated enough, mentally capable to go through all that? I know several of our numbers are joining the US military, hence why I brought up the subject

I will admit I probably wouldn't be able to do it...as stated before, I'd more likely end up as an Eldar or Imperial Assassin judging on my body type. I'm too thin/small..lol

Remember, everyone be civil and respectful...that said, discuss!

raptor_by_artimac-d4xg7cccopy_zps5623e7c

#2 bloodgod582

bloodgod582

Tech marine

• Members
  • Others:
  • Pip
  • 201 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 11:02 PM

I would
skulls again why can't I have nice things

#3 Brother White

Brother White

Forge Master of the Crimson Fists

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,444 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 11:03 PM

Well if we go purely off of names, space marines are big white men, and well I am THE BIG WHITE MAYNE so yeh I could be one.
(just fucking around I would not want to be in the 40k universe)

Sent from The Righteous Truth, Battle Barge of the Third Company of the Crimson Fists

#4 DTdante2787

DTdante2787

I will never be a memory

• Interrogator
  • 1,886 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 11:07 PM

@ White: I hear you man..it is a pretty messed up place

Remember bloodgod, failure during transformation means either a mercy kill or becoming a servitor..just as a reminder of the lore. If you think you could do it, I applaud you

#5 bloodgod582

bloodgod582

Tech marine

• Members
  • Others:
  • Pip
  • 201 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 11:20 PM

I think I could
skulls again why can't I have nice things

#6 Tu'Shan

Tu'Shan

Fireborn

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 06:54 PM

I don't think I could. But I'd be a Guardsman, like Try Again Bragg. I've got a big body type.

Posted Image

#7 ImperialFist66

ImperialFist66

Imperial Fists 1st Company Chaplain

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 07:58 PM

I would probably end up a Tech Adept...
"The Emperor commands us. Dorn guides us.
Honor shields us. Fear our name, for it is vengeance."

From the teachings of Rhetoricus

#8 Fallen Angels95

Fallen Angels95

Grand Provost Marshal

• Elite Member
  • Others:
  • 3,585 posts
  • Xbox Live:fallen angels95

Posted 21 July 2012 - 08:32 PM

I'm 13 so im at the ideal age rate.....id love to become a space marine and am joining the R.A.F cadets as can't join the army as have flat feet (so am getting ankles broke in an op to fix 'em).

I've always been fast, intellectually advanced to the rest of my class and reasonably tough as can give/ receive a beating when required to. I'm never afraid to stand up for my friends and have been beaten several times in doing so... I've always been good at war games (paintball clay pigeon shooting etc...) and have even been elected to be the general in a paintball game as I was the most fearless despite being the youngest....I couldn't die if I was shot and I had to get from one end of the course to the other b4 the other general (my stepdad) my team were like 'well of you go then' only one volunteered to protect me bit he was shot 1st...i ran and was shot at from all directions being hit several tines but I still won! I also won the capture the flag in which I had to enter the wooden castle of the enemy without being shot...i couldn't be shot in it but I had to leave my gun outside they couldn't shoot either. I grabbed the flag took a run up and doesn't to the stump in which was the objective. I wasn't hit once :D

So i think i could be able to survive being turned into a spacemarine.

To be just, our law must be cruel.

To stand upon the bedrock of law is our great duty. To presume to stand above it is our worst heresy.

We determine the guilty. We decide the punishment.

#9 Prosperan Son

Prosperan Son

Grand Apostle Narak of the Word Bearers

• Elite Member
  • 1,749 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 08:35 PM

I would probably end up a Tech Adept...

I'll have to agree. I'd probably lean towards Tech Adept.
“A king must live a life more vivid than any other and be a figure for all to admire! The king is the one who collects the envy of all his heroes and stands as their guide! Therefore, the king is not alone. For his will equals that of all his followers combined!”

#10 Fallen Angels95

Fallen Angels95

Grand Provost Marshal

• Elite Member
  • Others:
  • 3,585 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 08:37 PM

But sir. Your our marshal and you are of an undying will how could you only be a lonely tech-adapt? With no proper brain functionality. You could probably reach the rank of Princeps-maximus and command a warlord titan

To stand upon the bedrock of law is our great duty. To presume to stand above it is our worst heresy.

#11 Roey

Roey

Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 166 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 09:38 PM

I think that at the age of "10-14" is far too immature for a propper personality to have developed in order for an individual to 'choose' if they wanted to be a Space Marine or not; and in my opinion, initiates would just be (under normal circumstances) transcripted off of their Chapters homeworld etc, where eventually after their training they would begin to develop their own individual personality further and those that couldnt 'cut it' are just turned into servitors.

Im much more suited to a Vindicare assasin :)
Woof.

#12 Gerhart

Gerhart

MasterDabater

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,852 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 11:37 PM

None of us would be anything special. Guard or factory workers that's it. The one to be space marines would be the crazy elite athletes at that age. So the boys who matured crazy fast and were much more physically advanced. Then they have to have the strength of mind to endure all the tests. The same people that become special forces and professional athletes now would be your space marines. Your kidding yourself if you think otherwise. :)

Posted Image
Worried you are becoming a super DB tool? CLICK ME! Repent I say! Repent!

#13 Thugren

Thugren

Master Of The Sanctuary

• Administrators
  • Others: GWRS Governing Council
  • 14,265 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 11:39 PM

Not true talos from soul hunter was a thief he wasn't built at all , I think the criteria varies from legio

Oh sanctuary...THAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT Rp
cainsig11.jpg

#14 DTdante2787

DTdante2787

I will never be a memory

• Interrogator
  • 1,886 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 12:04 AM

True..the Space Wolves for example seem to transcript their members at a later age (at least the lore seems to state as such). However, the tradeoff there is you have to survive the Canis Helix which has the nasty side effect of possibly permanently turning you into a Wulfen...so there's that

Also, the Grey Knights tend to only shoot for psykers, so you have an in there...but again, becoming a Grey Knight is probably the most insane trial to possibly imagine. Glad to see the different points of view (and that we're being realistic here..lol)

@Roey: I'd prob shoot for a Vindicaire Assassin position as well (pun intended :P)

#15 Prosperan Son

Prosperan Son

Grand Apostle Narak of the Word Bearers

• Elite Member
  • 1,749 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 01:01 AM

But sir. Your our marshal and you are of an undying will how could you only be a lonely tech-adapt? With no proper brain functionality. You could probably reach the rank of Princeps-maximus and command a warlord titan

My friend, I believe you are mistaking a tech-adept for a servitor. Tech-Adepts are more like engineers.
“A king must live a life more vivid than any other and be a figure for all to admire! The king is the one who collects the envy of all his heroes and stands as their guide! Therefore, the king is not alone. For his will equals that of all his followers combined!”

#16 DTdante2787

DTdante2787

I will never be a memory

• Interrogator
  • 1,886 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 01:35 AM

So essentially we have the A-Team here..lol

Engineer, 2 Snipers, Several guardsmen...and a partridge in a pear tree (or a pony of Nosk ever posts :P)

#17 J NOSK36

J NOSK36

The poniest of all ponies... PONY PONY PONY PONY

• Acolyte
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 02:49 AM

You mean like this :derp:
Posted Image

I am the Night!!!!!!!

#IllumiGothic

#18 Fallen Angels95

Fallen Angels95

Grand Provost Marshal

• Elite Member
  • Others:
  • 3,585 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 09:22 AM

Hey Dante I could make a space marine....and I agree it varies from chapter to chapter in how they take initiates... You don't have to be powerfully built just have a strong will and the power/determination to do as your told, to follow orders and to die for the emperor.

I'm fast and fairly strong. I'm also intellectually advanced for my age so id be perfect

My lord high marshal...a servitor has no brain function. A tech priest severs his limbs in favour of augmentics they also have robotic eyes and have their brain re-written and have data banks stored...a tech priest is quite a lonely person as they cannot make friends or enemies except for the dark mechanicus/ the forces of chaos...

And as you have made the rank of High marshal you could at least make a princeps or princeos-maximus and command a legion of titans (eg: legio invicta

#19 Master Romulous

Master Romulous

Dark Angels Chapter Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,315 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 10:53 AM

who among us would/could actually endure all the surgery and conditioning to become a space marine?

Considering the Astarties only come to there recruitment worlds usually once every 3 or 4 generations and choose only a few from there ENTIRE planet i doubt any of us would. We would be talking about taking 3 or 4 of the top physical specimens that have a good intelligence to boot out of an entire planets population (or at least the specific tribes they recruit from).

Id be looking more at Pro American football player types who scored high in college. Yes they would have been younger and not as developed to that point but the Apothecaries had ways of telling how they would develop.

Where do you think i would end up dante? :D

There is no substitute for zeal.
Master Romulous, 10th Company Master. "Master Tactician of the Lion's Maw"
Posted Image

#20 Fallen Angels95

Fallen Angels95

Grand Provost Marshal

• Elite Member
  • Others:
  • 3,585 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 11:43 AM

^ I partially agree there. But those who tend to do the sporty types of things arnt as good in an academic sense and vise versa.... It matters not your intellectual Lv as your implants will boost it grew ....and anyway since when do the sons of Russ show intellect?!? Lol

Change Theme!